View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Salvia

closeau

Bluelighter
Well, I used to get this stuff from headshop and it was really quite pleasant. Short acting but pleasant. I haven't had any since my state made it prohibited but while cleaning out an old junk drawer I found some. So I used it and again, pleasant. Well I wanted more so got some on line 20x extract. I know what the plant is and what it can do but holy crap!!! For around 5 min it was like very strong LSD. First time I got scared that shit was happening and I was loosing it. Then it went away and mellow for a bit longer then gone. Second time I knew what to expect but still scared shit out of me. I bought it for cheap price so I could chuck it but I'm not wired like that so I'll use it but I had no idea it did that!! Has anyone had an experience like this?

About three years ago I overdosed on salvia and it remains the worst psychedelic trip of my life. Your comparison of salvia to LSD (in my experiences) is very accurate. I haven't tried DMT but based on my account of an even earlier salvia trip, this sage can be as potent as Dimethyltryptamine. I stay away from salvia generally because it is so hit and miss for me. And besides it isn't that cheap, especially when dealing with 60x or more. I have found the stuff for nearly $90 a gram which is way too expensive for such a varying substance.

Haha most if not all of my salvia experiences have been intense to say the least.
It's supposed to do that as far as i know.
Good times!

I did salvia 4 times (5,10 and 20x) before I realized I had to hold my breath in for 20 seconds. I thought it was just headshop sales crap, I did WAY too much of 50x in the pipe and inhaled for 20 sec.. what a trip that was.. I remember laying on the floor not sure whether I was standing against a wall or laying on the floor.. One of the most intense drugs imo. I believe most people don't really like it though. Try sitting on bed with music in, smoke the pipe and lay down. I had some nice effects floating through space.

I fucking threw my shit away. I took a couple rips yesterday and I saw a kaleidoscope of Indian princess's rotating and started far away and got to the point it was right up on me. I had a Jeff Buckley song on my headphones and it was just sensory overload. First time I had mellow comedown but this time it wore off and shit was still moving and I got a vicious headache. Going to the spirit world is taxing, lol. Fuck that stuff. I don't mind mellow trips but not that shit. I won't say what I paid but it was cheap enough to throw away. Too unreliable like has been mentioned. I'll stick to my opiates and Kratom.

A lot of herbal stuff in headshops or smartshops is rather mild, or at a doable level like LSA-extracts... but salvia can be one of the most overwhelming hallucinogens.

It is an atypical dissociative, and the sudden onset combined with loss of sense of self or reality - ability to identify fully with other objects or vistas, can really surprise people just smoking this like any other old herb.

Especially extracts should be weighed properly, taken rather like DMT.. if you take it easy low doses can be rather calming and meditative though..

vv Check our PD index for centralized threads on Salvia Divinorum! vv

My last dose of it before I tossed it I saw a kaleidoscope of what looked like the Virgin Mary and it was spinning and getting closer to me and opening of arms. That's what scared me and made me toss it. I told my sister and she freaked!! She had me read an article by Kristen Gwynn on Vice.com and it said the natives in the Amazon called it something that translated into mother Mary and many tribes have a statue of her for their Salvia ceremonies. Holy shit!!!

Man I hate this stuff one hit of 20x extract had me scared shitless. It audio made my clothes hurt leading to me having to strip down to my underwear and sit on the steps of my local Cornerstore until it wore off. Lol I'll never touch that s*** again.

Dam, same here. I had 20x and had no idea what I was in for. To think I almost got 40x cause I thought it was like my headshop stuff. Even after I knew what to expect and did it again it scared me. That loss of self feeling is the scariest to me. Forgetting my surroundings and watching my cig curl up was crazy. I didn't mind the visuals too much. First was Indian princesses and last time was Virgin Mary. I kinda liked that but everything else was very scary. I have a friend who wants it so I dug it out of trash. I'm tempted to take a hit but if someone like my neiborhood was to come up on deck as he and others often do I would be fucked. I haven't done it inside. Well see. He won't be over till 5 to get it so don't be surprised if I post another experience. I have perfect Beatles song to listen to cause effects last about a song. Stripping down to your underwear. I totally believe that. If your not ready for this shit it will kick your ass. I did mine. I actually made tea with it Sat and I guess I didn't put enough in but I did see trails and stuff after I drank it and the tribes in Amazon chew on the leaves. Smoking is not the preferred ROA but most popular way. They say the tribes trip for hrs but smoking it only lasts couple of min. I can't believe people actually smoke 80x and shit. They must trip all the time or something. Y'all read that article by Kristen Gwynn on Vive.com. When I read that last night after what I saw I almost fell out. If I had to interpret my visions the mother Mary openening her arms to be is o guess to pray to her for help cause I just lost my mom and having a hard time. But when the natives called Salvia mother Mary or something and have a statue of her at their ritual sites was crazy to learn. But Salvia is so inconsistent like any other phycadelics I believe and next hit I could see devil. If I knew I'd see Mary again I'd do it cause right when she opened her arms and got close I wasn't scared and then she and everything else faded away. I'm just rambling now. Stay tuned.

I know that was quick. I'm actually still feeling effects lightly. I put on some cool part lights and listened to A Day in the Life by the Beatles and it was crazy!! This spinning lights turned into a saucer and came off ceiling down to me. Music was crazy. What a great song for that. Now that was fun. No images prob cause of the lights. No cig or other things to worry about outside. Just sat back on couch and enjoyed. Totally forgot I was sitting there. It's like I became part of the song and lights. Fuck my friend, he can get his own. I'm def keeping it. Still a little scary leaving the planet for couple of min. I'll save it for special or bored occasions. I relize it can still go bad that's why I take one small hit. I'd love to make the tea right so I have medium effects for longer but it takes more than I have. That's my report. I'm out!

Totally changed my mind about this stuff. I find it bringing the spirituality in me. I was able to locate myself tonight and just enjoyed the show. I ordered a package deal of 10x and 20x. I figured the 10 will be fun but im saving the 20 for xmas day. Im gonna meditate and pray to Mary and light candles and go for it. I saw her once before. I want to try and evoke another spiritual experience. If not oh well. I watched a video on youtube of a botonist who fid it with the natives in Mexico. They call the plant her or she and the leaves are to be kept moist and they roll um up like a burrito and the whole thing is to be eaten. She said it was amazing experience. She told them in the states that the leaves are dried and smoked. They were appauled and sad she will not come like that. Well, she came to me. Il keep yall posted.

So i just had an awesome experience. I got 10x today and wanted 5x but 10 was lowest. Shit is still intense. I find closing my eyes better cause i have headphones on blasting music. I took headphones off and turned off everything and lit candles. I also got a statue of Mary. Its Our Lady of Guadulupe style. I figured this is what they have in forests of Mexico where they have their rituals. It was very peaceful and i took a big hit and while holding it i prayed to Mary then lifted my head and fixated on the statue and the body feeling of peace was absolutley divine. Shit was going crazy in the backround and all over but the statue just got bigger and light around it and i felt peace then when things stopped i prayed again and now i feel very peaceful and ready for sleep. I know what im doing xmas day, lol. I will do the pray method in morning and throughout day i will jam my favorite band Ween or some Beatles and close my eyes and let the music trip me out. I really want some 5x but these 10 wil do. Very very spiritual trip i just took. I enjoy it very much and will use it as a spiritual vessel instead of a drug to play with.

I really gave salvia an honest chance, but to this day it is the most mashy, disjointed high I've ever experienced. I don't even see the point of it. It creates a pulling sensation on my head, like someone is giving me a face lift, and it's really uncomfortable. Not to mention the pixelated, non-sensical high.

The only thing I appreciate about it is that to this day it's the only drug that puts me to sleep after the high is over.

I did have a great experience with it one time. I smoked some pot beforehand and then did salvia. Still had to put up with the uncomfortable high, but I laid in the dark in the aftermath and there were many wonderful blue-green visuals spinning around in my consciousness. That was the only time though.

I really hate the come up and the peak. It feels like my skull is bearing ripped open.

I've tried quidding the flesh plant and its effects are a way more practical. It allows the plant spirit to work with my consciousness throughout the day on a subtle level. I think the concentrates that they sell in head shops defeat the purpose.

I never enjoyed Salvia. I always found it a harsh trip. I tried it twice. Breakthrough experiences both times but they were not in any way enjoyable. Give me DMT any day of the week over salvia.

thats pretty insane of all the comments i read. I had one chance at the beach to buy it but parents wouldn't get it for me even though they smoked pot and all that with me. they new it was a trippy drug but still was a little sketched over it. I would love to try a very very small dose once and see for myself! [... removed some rule violating content]

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate that shit. At one point I had a collection of extracts, from the lower ones all the way up to like 30, 40x, which is just insane. Aside from the extreme physical discomfort I felt (felt like I was getting put through a meat-grinder, or getting jammed into a fucking coffee-can), it's weird, disjointed hallucinations are fucking beyond belief. I also had all kinds of apocalyptic visions on the shit, like there was an army of machines that were rolling over earth and literally sucking up and destroying everything in their paths. Dark shit, for me anyway. It's impressive, for sure, but the short high, profuse sweating, etc., suck. I also got a major headache from it most of the time. If I want to get shot into space, I'll take DMT, vaped. At least the visions are so grand and insanely beautiful that it's breathtaking...after you recover from being scared shitless, that is. Oh...and I ended up throwing a rather huge collection of Salvia away. I just didn't know what else to do with it.

I hear yall and for me too i dnt like the peak. I havent had any meat grinder experiences but i often feel like im spinning upside down. If i make it spiritual its still scary the loss of self but for me pretty awesome. Worst one i had it was on shiffle on my Pandora and right after i took my hit, Pantera came on. I love Pantera but it was a very scary 5 minutes. I couldnt turn it off or pull headphones off cause i couldnt find myself. I line up music now. This morning was the Beatles and i just put my head down and closed my eyes and it was cool. I do understand though. If youve done DMT then i guess Salvia is pretty shitty but ive never done DMT but want to. I have a vaporizer but, well, ill just say its not an option. I got in trouble by this site for a thread i started. Id love some shrooms but not in season and MXE i want to try too. Salvia is all i can get so im trying to make best of it. Theres a video on youtibe by a chick ehos a botanist and she went down to the tribes in Mexico and participated in a ceremony with them. Said they keep the leaves moist and roll um up like a burrito and eat. They told her to eat it all rven if youve had enough and she said it was amazing! She told them in US they dry leaves and smoke them and they were appauled and said she" wont cme that way. I totally would do that man. She was a tripper speakng at a phycadelic forum and said it was one of the brst trips of her life. I think this extract shit is sprayed with God knows what but im enjoying it. Hopefully ill tey DMT soon