View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Salvia Subthread] Salvia not Working

Feonix

Bluelighter
A few months ago I had told a friend about Salvia, and he dismissed it saying it would be illegal if it did anything. So, I just said whatever and forgot about it since I wasn't 18 at the time so I couldn't buy it myself. Then recently I go over there and he has baught it and says it's amazing. So, he packs a bowl for me and I rip the whole thing down out of a bong in one hit, I hold it in until I can't stands no more. Exhale, wait a few seconds, then proclaim it didn't do ANYTHING. My friend in the mean time, says he is tripping balls.

So, he packs me another bigger bowl, same thing happens again, no effects. So, my question, is it possible to be immune to the effects of Salvia? I've been interested in it for awhile and considering it's going to be schedueled soon I want to go and buy some. I believe what I had smoked was 5x extract, as well as smoking a bowl of straight leaves from the plant he grew at a later date. I don't want to go spend money on something that has zero effect on me, but is it possible that I just need to keep trying? Kinda like how people smoked Marijuana and don't feel the effects until their 3rd or 4th time.

Most people who try Salvia divinorum the first time do not get effects. FOr some, it is a 'learned' high. I doubt anyone is 'immune' to the effects of Salvinorin A, it just takes some a while to get what they are looking for.

Set and setting are very important with Salvia divinorum. Try smoking or chewing the leaf in a dark room with no noise or disturbances of any sort. That is the best setting and I'm sure it will work eventually if you take it in this way.

take 10x extract; but be careful; it is fucking powerful and will blow you away

Be careful with extracts. They are an easy way to take too much Salvia divinorum which will not be pleasant. A good dose of 10X extract is only 50 to 100 mg. That's not a lot of leaf and without a scale, well, you won't know how much you are taking. I can get full effects from regular leaf just fine. The benifit of an extract is you don't have to smoke so much, but again, you got to know how much you are taking or you may take too much.

I'd stick with 5X extracts unless you have a scale, or you are experienced with the effects of this plant.

Salvia is odd... lol. I don't know if i like it or not, some are good many are bad what can i say. I always seem to get literally transported if i don't try to resist the effects. The more powerful effects are very very easy to resist imo.

dont chew salvia unless you hate smoking, the leaf tastes awful and you have to chew for quite a while, and the effects are not as "sudden" as with smoked salvia, and I like the sudden effects. I tried chewing on multiple occasions, and for me(might be different for some1 else ofcourse) smoking is the preferred way.

I've smoked Salvia several times, and the first night i smoked it continuously for about an hour, just taking bong rip after bong rip with a few other people. All but two of us were tripping out. Not until the day after when I gave it another try did I feel the effects. Keep trying and it'll work and you'll be blown away, Salvias greeaat.

I always use at least 10x or 15x (15x preferred), because you need to smoke a LOT of salvia all at once to get it right (smoking extracts lessens the burden on your lungs). Since salvia is backwards tolerant, it means you are more tolerant to it the first time you smoke it than any subsequent time. Therefore, I actually suggest using 15x your first time. Salvia is a very difficult drug to do right, it takes a while to "learn" how to manifest the effects. Once you do, however, be prepared to be launched into a space that not even the most experienced DMT users can control.

Acidfiend said:
be prepared to be launched into a space that not even the most experienced DMT users can control.

I still think DMT takes you away much further than Salvia divinorum. And 5-MeO-DMT yet even further/deeper. And I don't think any of them can be controlled. At least from my perspective. Believe me, I've had full breakthroughs on the drug. When I smoked Salvia divinorum (it's now been 3 years since my last go with it), I would go so far I did not even realize I was on a drug until I started coming down. The experience, or the effects, becomes reality.

Last edited:
Don't give up! I had a lot of trouble achieving a breakthrough experience on even 5-MeO-DMT, but finally succeeded this morning before I went to bed. It was the most beautiful time of my life. I'm not going to talk about that here though, since I need to write a report anyway (forthcoming in a few days, when I get some time at a terminal).

You need to change your set and setting up. Just try to make your mind aware of everything that happens, without thinking about it. A good way to do this is to meditate for 10 or 15 minutes before you smoke, focusing entirely on your breathing. You will have stray thoughts, but remember, always return to the breath.

Do not move from your position when you decide you are ready to inhale. Continue to focus on your breathing, making your movements nearly automatic. After you inhale, again, begin to focus on your breathing and making your mind aware while not consciously forming thoughts about it.

As mgs said, try to find a quiet, dark place free from interruptions and ambient sounds such as cars driving by or knocks on the door from your roommate. Music will only make it harder to focus on your breath.

My friends got into it over the summer. I tried it maybe five times or so and gave up. Never had any effects for me even out of a four foot bong and holding the hits and all that stuff.

I may be immune toO!

Fragbait said:
Music will only make it harder to focus on your breath.

While I would not recommend music for someone who is trying to break through on Salvia divinorum for the first time, I have found some ambient music (played quietly) through headphones to be a nice additive to the experience. My favorite is Native American flutes.

I have a disk by Carlos Nakai (sp?) that goes great with Salvia divinorum, ketamine, 5-MeO-DMT, or really anything. To me, this disk has 'messages' in the musical passages.

Of course, some people will suggest I am a schizophrenic nut for saying that but that's ok. Let 'em think that. I know who really killed President Kennedy and that's why 'they' are listening to my thoughts and following me around. They want to plant implants in my brain to keep me in check. ;)

I can see other music as being distracting though. It just depends on the choice of music and of course your personal preferences. As much as I love Pink Floyd and the Beatles, I don't see that type of music as something I would listen to while on Salvia divinorum. I'd feel they would interfear with the 'message' she is trying to send. Silence is best, but some music is ok and may even positively enhance the experience.

I would not recommend doing 15x the first time. Some people are not immune, and feel it the first time, like me. And I used plain leaf, and not a hell of a whole lot either. Not to mention the fact that if you are using 15x you definitely need a scale.

I think it's just a matter of introducing salvinorin to the body-and mind- slowly, then building up to your preferred dose, whether using plain leaf or extract. Then you'll find the reverse tolerance kicking in, and adjust your dosages accordingly..

If you ARE going to use 15x or whatever the first time, use a sitter!

In a dark room, no noise or music, my friend ahs tried about 5 or 6 times to get effects from Salvia, mostly dried leaf (which was used before, and is potent), and also some 10x extract. The most effects he ever got was just a little off feeling and some CEV's for a few seconds. The doses he was having, and smoking the exact same way as me, blew me away. He says he doesn't anticipiate or doubt the experience when going into it, I have no idea why he does not trip.

He may actually just need to keep at it. I've read posts on other forums by people completely frustrated after a number of tries, only to finally break through on their 10th try....

You know, it took me a few times to realize just how subtle salvia can be. By this I mean you can smoke what's considered a threshold dose , and not really "feel" anything by keeping eyes open, moving around, etc..
But if you close your eyes, be still, focus on breathing, and have absolute silence, you can enter salvia space..

Anyways, I suggest your friend not let himself get too frustrated, because Sally will come to visit, when he's ready :)

I smoked Salvia probably 300 times before I had anything more than a weird body high...

but the last time I smoked it... it compeletly fucked my world up.

lets just say that I'm never smoking it again... but recently MGS told me about chewing it up... and I might wanna try that...

lemme kick up my Salvia report.

morninggloryseed said:
While I would not recommend music for someone who is trying to break through on Salvia divinorum for the first time, I have found some ambient music (played quietly) through headphones to be a nice additive to the experience. My favorite is Native American flutes.

I have a disk by Carlos Nakai (sp?) that goes great with Salvia divinorum, ketamine, 5-MeO-DMT, or really anything. To me, this disk has 'messages' in the musical passages.

I can see other music as being distracting though. It just depends on the choice of music and of course your personal preferences. As much as I love Pink Floyd and the Beatles, I don't see that type of music as something I would listen to while on Salvia divinorum. I'd feel they would interfear with the 'message' she is trying to send. Silence is best, but some music is ok and may even positively enhance the experience.

I usually listen to goa trance in my free time. The few tracks that I've tried to stimulate the experience haven't worked, but they may have been ill picked. I've been wanting to experiment with ambient music, as you have, but my computer is currently out of service so I cannot access my mp3 collection. I think some tribal drumming would be perfect.

I smokd a whole gram of 10 X extract for my first night. I bought it off of ebay and it barely phazed me. the next night i smoked one bong load and was talking to my friend and then packed another one and as soon as i ripped that one my whole body was tingling and i saw static everywhere and my braces felt wierd as fuck.

^^^^^
Wasn't the recommended dose 1/10th of a gram for 5x extract?
So, "5m0k3", my friend, those kewl fuck-me-up-now drugs you bought off ebay (...common) were a waste of your money, you didn't smoke it the right way.

roliepolie said:
I smoked Salvia probably 300 times before I had anything more than a weird body high...

Dude, you get the "EXCELLENT EXORBITANT ENDURANCE EAGLE"* award.
300+ times? My question would be ... why the hell did you keep going?

* Whatever you're thinking now, that was on purpose.