• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Salvia safe for Schizophrenics? (Based on pharmacology)

I have a lot of experience with a lot of different psychedelic drugs and Salvia is the only one to have ever caused terrifying experiences for me. Just based on that I would not recommend it to someone with mental health issues.

I have schitzoaffective disorder and have done a very large amount of psychedelics in a very wide dose range. From threshold to mind boggling amounts. I have never had a problem with integration back into reality after a trip or suffered any post trip ill effects. I'm very lucky for this and have curbed my usage of psychedelics to almost zero usage as I don't want to have an inevitable hard time readjusting back to reality post trip. As for Salvia I think it is a psychedelic that can cause the most negative effects after the experience to some one with schitzotypical disorders as the experience is very short, intense, confusing and for the fact that it dissociate you from reality. This dissociation can be very mentally harmful to someone with skitz.

Given what a serious mental illness schizophrenia is, why would you even want to do this? Salvia is a seriously fucked up drug even if you're mentally healthy... what could you possibly expect to gain from it?

I don't know how good your self control is but if you must self-medicate or take recreational drugs, you'd be a lot better off taking sedatives or opiates. For you I'd recommend GHB - that's something everyone can enjoy.

I know these substances have a high dependence liability but someone with your condition really shouldn't be messing around with anxiogenic, consciousness-altering drugs. You need to stay grounded in reality.

*Read the rules - No posting videos of people tripping or getting high*

Last edited by a moderator:
Fucking disgusting. This is exactly why Salvia became illegal.

If you watch it to the end, you'll see he came to some beautiful conclusions about life :)

That uncomfortable-looking physical reaction is common with Salvia

Last edited:
^Well, there are shamans who fit under the label "schizophrenia" and they use Ayahausca to conquer their mind and make sense of the world. That doesn't mean it's a great idea for every schizophrenic person to take it and do the same

a person should not attempt to conquer their mind, because their mind is their actual self, inclusive of memory objects they may favor as well as those that they could feel"ought not be there"

anything that is there is part of the totality.

In any case, conquering the mind and or mental objects, that arise in mind, is not a reasonable proposition, while exploring the connections between mental objects, and arranging them together for healthful impact (like gardening) is something that can be taken up.

If you watch it to the end, you'll see he came to some beautiful conclusions about life :)

That uncomfortable-looking physical reaction is common with Salvia

I'm familiar with the effects of Salvia and I did see that he ended up having a pleasant experience overall, I'm more so speaking about the asshole filming the poor kid and not even trying to help. He could have very easily injured himself. In my opinion these exploitative youtube videos no doubt led to more legislation for Salvia in the U.S., or at least an increased awareness of its use.

I'm familiar with the effects of Salvia and I did see that he ended up having a pleasant experience overall, I'm more so speaking about the asshole filming the poor kid and not even trying to help. He could have very easily injured himself. In my opinion these exploitative youtube videos no doubt led to more legislation for Salvia in the U.S., or at least an increased awareness of its use.
I'd have let him do the same TBF. He's a grown man. Got to leave people to their own shit. Besides, when someone is in the grip of a full-blown psychotic episode, it is IMPOSSIBLE to reason with them.

I'd have let him do the same TBF. He's a grown man. Got to leave people to their own shit. Besides, when someone is in the grip of a full-blown psychotic episode, it is IMPOSSIBLE to reason with them.

I understand how difficult it can be to control someone under the influence, but you don't think he could have taken the bag off his neck, or I don't know, not smoked Salvia in that pigsty of a room? This is my opinion so I don't expect everyone to agree, I just find it ignorant and disrespectful to treat Salvia with this "lol look at this dude trip balls!!1" mentality.

I understand how difficult it can be to control someone under the influence, but you don't think he could have taken the bag off his neck, or I don't know, not smoked Salvia in that pigsty of a room? This is my opinion so I don't expect everyone to agree, I just find it ignorant and disrespectful to treat Salvia with this "lol look at this dude trip balls!!1" mentality.
I do take a more cynical and frosty approach to this sort of thing than most people. Then again, most people haven't had to sit there at the peak of a 300mcg LSD trip watching their co-tripper take a psychotic break.
Basically this dude invited me round to his house and let me give him LSD without telling me that he had paranoid schizophrenia (I had no idea). This really fucking pissed me off. After trying to calm him down for a while, I lost my temper and left his sorry ass on his own.

Salvia will take your pharmacological concepts and mangle them through twelve dimensions using an elven powered laughing blender made of lego.

Really, it's the last thing I'd want to do if I was schizophrenic.

Did he end up okay?
No, but I did and that's all that matters.
From what I heard he ended up in a psychiatric ward a day or two later and to my knowledge he's still there now.

I really couldn't give a damn about that ungrateful little bastard... he fucked my trip right up for about 2 hours. I like to lie back and close my eyes when I'm peaking and I couldn't do this because I was scared he'd stick a knife in me or some shit.

Thing is, I was kinda forced to stay there for a few hours because I didn't fancy taking the bus home while tripping BALLS. At one point I was actually thinking about killing him just so I could chill out.

Maybe even have some positive revelations?
He was pacing around his room talking about how everybody's out to harm him in some way. One second I was his best friend, the next he'd be scowling at me asking me who I was and telling me to get out of his flat. A couple of days later he rang me asking me if I was a cop. Asshole.

maybe you could've called an ambulance before bailing? he wasn't responsible, but neither were you regarding your actions. he could've harmed himself or others badly in this state of mind.

^ He was tripping, too. He was protecting himself by leaving. I don't think he was in a state to be a trip sitter.

Also, is being a complete asshole a kind of psychiatric disorder? Stay tuned at 10!

what I've meant is that he could've called the ambulance and leave when they've arrived...

^ He was tripping, too. He was protecting himself by leaving. I don't think he was in a state to be a trip sitter.
Yeah, that's it.
You gotta look after your own mental health. Why should I let some abusive psychotic motherfucker ruin MY trip? I even asked him if he had or was predisposed to schizophrenia (a standard question I ask every person I trip with for the first time) and he lied to me.

Besides, a person in that state doesn't need a trip sitter... they need a man in a white coat equipped with a syringe full of haloperidol.

Also, is being a complete asshole a kind of psychiatric disorder? Stay tuned at 10!
Whatever man... psychedelics actually tend to enhance my mood and make me friendlier and chattier. That said, they greatly reduce my 'bullshit tolerance' and intensify my anger.

what I've meant is that he could've called the ambulance and leave when they've arrived...
I really couldn't be bothered talking to any ambulance staff in the state I was in. All I wanted to do was wait until it started to wear off; then GTFO, go home and enjoy the rest of my trip (which I did). Not my problem at all.

If you're Schizophrenic don't use psychedelic drugs, including salvia, as you do run the risk of having a major psychotic break while on them.

I know someone who is Schizophrenic and took a moderate/large dose of LSD and they did not even trip or have a psychedelic experience from the acid.

Last edited: