Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Salvia) First Time: Communicating with aliens

xburtonchic

Bluelighter
I have three salvia trips to share. The first two are mine, the third is my friend's. Even though it wasn't my trip, it was just way too amusing and ridiculous NOT to share.

Trip #1 (first trip ever- 2007)

Setting: A friend's house. He has a nice house, so it was good setting to be in.

Dosage: One bowl (smoked it from a bong.) It was the highest strength salvia you can get from the head shops, but I'm not 100% sure of how many mg's.

The Trip: I was 18, and the only thing I had tried thus far was mushrooms. So when my friend offered me some salvia, I was quick to accept. He packed and lit it for me, instructing me to hold it in for as long as I could. As I blew the smoke out, I felt a hard tugging sensation that wasn't at all unpleasant; it was sort of fun actually. With each tug, I passed through a different dimension. This went on until the fourth tug, which is when I reached the 4th dimension. There, these... entities... were waiting for me.

I couldn't see or hear them, nor could I see or hear anything else out of the ordinary. Everything was in it's normal and unaltered state, the same way it was before I started tripping. I just somehow... knew that they were there, and that I was experiencing my friend's backyard and the rest of the world from a completely different dimension. The entities began to communicate with me telepathically; the things they were telling me just formed in my brain as my own thoughts, but they weren't really MY thoughts. It's hard to explain, but I'm sure some of you know what I mean! They told me they were from the 4th dimension in a place called Ecleczion or something. They told me that my friends were part of a council from the 1st dimension of planet Earth, and that their purpose was to judge me. They told me that under no circumstances could I communicate with them, because it was pertinent that I didn't release any information.

When my friend asked me how I was feeling, I just told him something like "I can't talk to you, they told me not to." The entities or whatever they were told me I was no longer welcome in their dimension because I didn't listen to their orders, and I was abruptly sent back to my own dimension. Instead of being tugged through the dimensions like last time, this time it felt like I was being pushed. When this was done, I immediately started feeling sick and wanted to go inside. I noticed that all of the grass had turned into bricks; this was really the only visual hallucination I had. Once I was inside the house, I got this overwhelming sense of impending doom. The world was ending at this very moment. Just like with the aliens/entities/whatever they were, I couldn't physically see or hear it... but I was still 100% fully convinced the world was ending lol.

I walked out of the bathroom to inform my friends that we were in the middle of an apocalypse. Therefore, it was crucial that they stock up on kiwi fruit. This made perfect sense to me at the time. My friends became convinced I was having a bad trip, so they gave me some milk and forced me to watch football until the trip ended.

Aftermath: I felt a little tired and maybe a bit shaken, but I was fine otherwise. Mostly I was just mind blown and completely amazed. My friends said they were able to understand everything I said when I talked, and that my motor skills were fine. The trip lasted about 15 minutes, maybe a little more.

Noteworthy trip #2 (2009):

Setting: The beach.

Dosage: One full bowl of the "in-between" stuff- not the highest dosage you can get, but not the smallest either.

The Trip: For about 10 minutes, I just sat on the rocks; I was disappointed because I didn't seem to feel anything. I finally kind of just accepted it: I wasn't going to trip. That is, until I tried to get up. Lo and behold I was glued to the rock. Or, I was the rock and the rock was me. I began attaching barnacles to myself because it was "where they belonged."

Disclaimer: no barnacles were harmed in the making of this trip.
Of course, this wasn't really happening- barnacles don't easily move nor do they attach themselves to humans- but at the time I thought that I was legitimately doing this because I was a rock. Then a shark swam up (I still don't know if it was actually there or not; my friend claims he didn't see anything but who knows. I could have seen a fish and assumed it for a shark in my messed up state lol.) The shark told me he wanted to talk to me since we were both in the "Marine military." (Me being USMC and his being, I assume, aquatic marine life.) He told me the ocean was at war with the world because of the things humans do to fish and the ocean. I told him he was confusing terrorists with scuba divers. We argued about this for some time, I even pointed out that sharks attack people without provocation and that people are killed by tsunamis.

He told me that sharks are on the "front lines". He just kept saying "The sea will fight back", over and over, while I looked around- and suddenly it was like everything that didn't have to do with the ocean morphed into something that did- my friends were rock formations, the people walking around were sea creatures, etc. I felt like I finally "understood" the ocean. Like I realized that this vast ocean is a completely unique and beautiful world, it was pure and innocent because it followed all of the laws of nature, and it had no cities or drugs or starving children in third world countries. It followed the natural course of life- the circle of life- without deliberate interference such as technology and reckless murder and politics. That's when the shark told me my lesson was over and that I could move now. I discovered I was no longer a part of the rock, and as soon as I stood up my trip ended.

Aftermath: I felt great, energized and slightly euphoric, and came out of it with a new outlook on the ocean. The friend that was serving as DD said that I was sitting on the rock the whole time, stone still, but that I was mumbling a lot. I assume this is when I was "talking" to the shark. Overall it was not as profound as my first trip, but it was just as great because of the strength of the audio and visual hallucinations. I truly was seeing a whole different world, from the ocean's perspective. I believe the trip lasted about 30 minutes.

My friend's trip (2007):

This trip happened in the same friend's house as in my first trip. It was beyond ridiculous haha.. I'm laughing right now just even thinking about it lol!

After taking his hit, at first he was saying that he thought it was going to be one of those times when salvia didn't affect him. He seemed sort of bummed about it, since it had been 5 minutes already. Then, out of no where, he just jumped out of his chair, dashed to the middle of the grass, and there he proceeded to run around in tight circles with a panic stricken look on his face. Every once in a while he would stop running and gesture around wildly, as if to indicate that my friend and I should have gone off and ran around in circles somewhere too. Then he would resume running around in the same tight circle, with the same panicked look on his face. LOL. It was freaking hilarious, especially since he was doing this for a good 6 minutes or so. .

When we asked him why he was running around in circles with a frightened look on his face, his answer was this: "Dude. A fucking gnome is chasing me, are you blind?" When we told him no, he walked back over to the chair. He did this very slowly, deliberately, and cautiously with a confused look on his face, as if something was conspiring against him and he was a ninja on the look out. He sat there for a few more seconds with the most bewildered and confused expression I have ever seen on a person, as if he was flabbergasted that there was gnome chasing him and we couldn't see it. LMFAO. Finally it faded out and he came to, but I so wish his trip had lasted longer... it was seriously some of the funniest ish I have ever seen haha!

So those are my salvia experiences! Salvia is one of those drugs where people either tend to absolutely love it or absolutely hate it. As for me, I have nothing but good things to say about it. It's more intense than other psychedelic drugs, but it only lasts for 30 minutes tops. Salvia is a wonderful and crazy little plant that I highly recommend and firmly believe everyone should try at least once in their life. It's especially great for those people who like to use psychedelics for gaining insight and meaning, self-exploration, working through problems, meditation, spiritual growth, understanding of life, and all of that other philosophical shit and etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just reading the word salvia makes me cringe. Such an insane experience and it is one that I will never forget having. Interesting report and thanks for sharing.

What was your experience like? I love hearing about other people's salvia experiences! :)

Oh well the first few times were the scariest experiences I have ever had on any substances...and that is saying a lot. I had one great experience with it while on an entactogen which allowed me to learn a few things about subjects such as time, and how we view it. I always preach caution with this magical plant as I have seen many a man almost lose it after one bong hit.

Lol yeah, it's def. a plant people need to be cautious about. I plan to write a sort of "How to be safe on salvia guide" sometime in the near future, if there isn't one already. Stuff is intense. I think the biggest thing to help you through a salvia trip, like any other psychedelic, is to get yourself in a good frame of mind beforehand... and just kind of accept that you're going to lose your mind for about 15-30 minutes. Luckily you can't OD on it and it's short, which I feel makes it kind of the "perfect drug" in all of the hallucinogen family. I mean, MAYBE you could OD on it. But after about two hits of it, you probably won't even realize that your bong is a bong, let alone how to use it. So it might be a bit hard to keep smoking it lol.

Just reading the word salvia makes me cringe. Such an insane experience and it is one that I will never forget having. Interesting report and thanks for sharing.

You didn't like it? No fair. We need to switch states. Over here next door to you, salvia is illegal. Hell, everything is illegal in Louisiana. :|:|:|:|

You didn't like it? No fair. We need to switch states. Over here next door to you, salvia is illegal. Hell, everything is illegal in Louisiana. :|:|:|:|

Well I wrote a short Trip Report once on Salvia during a good MDMA session...right towards the comedown and it was the only time I enjoyed it. Being torn apart by millions of reality shredders and feeling "one" with the wall was a little much for my tryptamine/phen background =D.

theotherside; LOL that sounds like my friend when he smoked salvia for the first time. It made him "one" with a brick wall... the concrete... my car...
It was rather amusing watching him try to attach himself to these things though, to be honest. Ahh gotta love salvia.

Have you guys seen some of the videos on YouTube of people doing salvia? lololol

i have had a pretty bad experience around salvia was going to do it one day with some friends that had it an my friend at the time did it for the first time we we told him him to hold it in 2 mins later we see him turning blue and he did not exhale so we tried to tell him to breath then he kept asking if he can breath and we kept saying yes and just by seeing what happened to him it kinda freaked me out and i didnt try :(

Well I wrote a short Trip Report once on Salvia during a good MDMA session...right towards the comedown and it was the only time I enjoyed it. Being torn apart by millions of reality shredders and feeling "one" with the wall was a little much for my tryptamine/phen background =D.

I'm just kicking myself, because I only tried it once when it was legal. Of course I didn't smoke it the right way either. All I got out of it was a buzz and the vines on the blanket I was lying on were moving. I thought that was all it was supposed to do. This was pre-bluelight .

*I went ahead and cleaned up this report a little bit to make it easier to read. Keep those reports coming, xburtonchic. I loved reading this one.

Last edited:
its good to see a trip report from you already xburtonchic!

I'm proud of you as a bluelighter ;)

xburtonchic said:
Disclaimer: no barnacles were harmed in the making of this trip.
This part makes me laugh <3

its good to see a trip report from you already xburtonchic!

I'm proud of you as a bluelighter ;)

This part makes me laugh <3

LOL thank you :)

And I have no idea, cattlecruiser. Apparantly this stuff is more intense than LSD. I know certain states passed a law a few years back saying it's now a controlled substance. Not sure if California is one of them, but I vaguely remember hearing it was.

I contacted "aliens" in my bedroom once completely sober, they just walked in (or rather appeared to me), telepathically communicated with me, and experimented on me in my room 8o When they entered, I was incredibly joyed and glad to see them