View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Salvia... Been holding it for a year

Abys

Greenlighter
I have some 10x and I've just been waiting... Now I've tried dmt which I gather is more intense. I have zero prob doing that alone. The thing is, I get so uncomfortable on it, I can't enjoy myself at all. It is frankly like I leave my body to go "home" and then become acutely aware of how much it sucks to have a body. My ears feel vulnerable and my eyes sting and my own breath sounds awful and I fear when my body will break and I will have to suffer the loss of breath. I actually get so freaked out by the breathing that I stopped tryin for a full breakthrough.

so, given that, what do you think of salvia solo? I am pretty good at keeping my wits. I've maintained through k, lsd and e without ever losing my train of thought. I meditate frequently and I'm 40, etc.

warnings?

I have some 10x and I've just been waiting... Now I've tried dmt which I gather is more intense. I have zero prob doing that alone. The thing is, I get so uncomfortable on it, I can't enjoy myself at all. It is frankly like I leave my body to go "home" and then become acutely aware of how much it sucks to have a body. My ears feel vulnerable and my eyes sting and my own breath sounds awful and I fear when my body will break and I will have to suffer the loss of breath. I actually get so freaked out by the breathing that I stopped tryin for a full breakthrough.

so, given that, what do you think of salvia solo? I am pretty good at keeping my wits. I've maintained through k, lsd and e without ever losing my train of thought. I meditate frequently and I'm 40, etc.

warnings?

I used to do bong hits of Salvia 10X all the time back in the day and I loved it.

Some people are overwhelmed by it and it is VERY intense but I never had a bad experience with it.

I think you should just go ahead and try it.

I've never done DMT and you have done that and I hear that DMT is MORE intense than Salvia and they are similar in that both only last like 10 minutes so just take whatever preparations you'd usually take for DMT.

I mean, the experience never really lasts long than 10 minutes, sometimes even 5 so I don't really see what the big deal is.

Sure, some crazy shit can happen in those 5--10 minutes but even if it's a horrible experience it is over so fast not to mention that in terms of negative health effects Salvia is almost completely benign and harmless.

You sound like you both old enough and experienced enough to be fully prepared.

I guess if you are REALLY concerned I'd recommend you get a trip sitter but I never needed one.

I suggest you just sit in a dark room without any music as Salvia is traditionally used that way and you usually only get visuals if it's dark, and just take a couple bong hits and hold them for as long as you can.

Usually smoking Salvia, especially something like 10X, is best with bong hits that are held in.

Just make sure you are in a place you feel comfortable like your room or wherever and that you are in a good, happy and calm state of mind and go for it.

I suggest that you recruit a trusted sitter the first few times, because smoked salvia is known to sometimes elicit wild and even dangerous behavior from even the most experienced and mature psychonauts. Don't underestimate this drug.

Well, I've now done it and it wasn't that intense. It was mellow and made the universe kind of feel like it was breathing with me. On dmt, for example, I'd describe it as unpleasant or a sensory assault. This was just relaxing.

What goes through people's minds when they freak out? Or do they forget?

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Just keep in mind that salvia can be unpredictable once a person reaches a certain level of intoxication. As for what mental processes can cause a person to freak out, your guess is as good as mine, but I wager that the variations are infinite -- it's all about the individual in question. Here's the old classic: *no vids of people tripping or intoxicated, my friend* .

Last edited by a moderator:
You thought salvia was more relaxing than DMT? The human body never ceases to amaze me with the infinite variations on experience. I love salvia but I find DMT to be sooo much more relaxing, there's really no comparison. Salvia, I put up with the discomfort for the experience. DMT is just a whole other level of loveliness, no comparison.

Salvia was more relaxing than DMT for me as well, but probably since I never reached full on +++ levels of altered states of consciousness with Salvia, while I have with DMT...

Well, I've now done it and it wasn't that intense. It was mellow and made the universe kind of feel like it was breathing with me. On dmt, for example, I'd describe it as unpleasant or a sensory assault. This was just relaxing.

What goes through people's minds when they freak out? Or do they forget?

I was around a friend as a trip sitter when he tried Salvia 5X, and smoked some of it.

He didn't freak out or have a bad trip but he said how the herb made him feel weird. How it was as though he was going to break through but did not, and he said it was confusing as though he was on lots of benzos and nitrous. The drug did not last long only maybe 20-30 minutes at the most.

My friend has never used DMT; but has taken high doses of mushrooms, and LSD.

Ahh, I'm sorry about that, dude. I wasn't aware of that rule. BTW, your e-mail is forthcoming in the next few days. My computer took a big dump right after we last talked... I'm good now. Cheers.

Back on topic: I've actually never tried salvia... or DMT, for that matter. Hmmm... Mescaline, too. I've tasted a few dozen psychedelics, but not those three. Weird, huh? I need to correct that at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITtiKO_fBaI

I think a lot of the salvia on the market is somewhat bunk for some reason. I can't imagine not breaking through on real extract. When I grew salvia the plain leaf was so strong that after a few bong rips I would see entities basically every time. When I did a 7x extraction on those leaves, well, one puff is all that was needed to go have a session with the goddesses and gods. Complete with my body feeling like it was going through a roller.

I love salvia but find it very uncomfortable physically. It's something I'm willing to put up with occasionally, but it's been a year since I smoked any salvia. It's not exactly inviting.