• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Saliva test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnold

Bluelighter
Has anyone tried a normal bog standard saliva test after consuming oral cannabis?

In theory this should not test positive as there's 11-oh-thc in your blood and not delta-9-thc which the saliva tests are meant to detect.

I just want to know what the practice is of that without having to buy a saliva test...

I'm not aware of the term bog standard. Apologies for that. I am familiar with the Drugwipe 5+ Saliva test. To be honest, I never thought of this. As a now medical user in Canada, the test I've referred to concerns me because it is set at a detection level (or rejection threshold) of 5 ng/ml.

And I think you mean to ask 'does orally consumed cannabis release delta-9-THC into saliva'? I've personally never tested this, but I see no reason why there wouldn't be delta-9-THC released into the saliva, not only through physical edible/saliva contact, but also perhaps through capillary surface-saliva mass transfer.

An interesting question; I'm assuming the answer would be that it's detectable. I'm not really curious enough to spends the $40 Aus to find out

The safest thing is to assume that you would test positive. Think of in terms of. A 6-12 hour detection time for using orally inhaled cannabis, and ask yourself why wouldn't you test positive for an edible,

In any event, this thread will probably be shut down.

Tom

[Upon further thought, I'm going to state that it is almost guaranteed that you would test positive. With regard to the Drugwipe 5+ Saliva test, yu can read peer reviewed articles that indicate detected THC is a function of material trapped in the mouth upon initial inhale, subsequent exhale from the lungs and transfer from the blood. I can see nothing about saliva or the physical location of saliva that would prevent THC from depositing there]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.