• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Safety of Hydrocodone and Codeine on the Liver?

Michael_25

Bluelighter
Hi all,

Just curious, but how safe is codeine and hydrocodone on the liver on THEIR OWN? I'm talking about getting all the APAP out via a Cold Water Extraction. Does codeine and hydrocodone cause liver damage on their own from daily dosing? Just curious as everyone on here preaches about the dangers of APAP on the liver but I haven't read anything about hydro or codeine causing liver damage on their own. Can someone enlighten me? (About to do a CWE on 14 T3s.)

Thanks!

Hey Michael! Good for you, looking out for your health! If I had showed my liver a little more affection in my heyday, I would be much better off today :( You don't need to worry about harm to your liver provided you have removed all of the APAP from the drugs. These drugs are non-toxic outside of acute overdose.

Thanks, Kief! So even with DAILY use of hydro or codeine (while doing a CWE daily too) will not fuck my liver up? Incidentally, I use a coffee filter tied around a glass and pour the cold, mixed sludge into it. The remaining solution is always clear, so I gather that 95% or so of the APAP has been removed, as there is also a lot of white sludge left in my coffee fitler. Is the adage "If it's clear, you're in the clear!" true?

Yea Michael, I'm with you. I wish I had something fairly scientific to quantify this, but I think you're probably close to accurate with your 5% grace volume. It's unlikely that you'll be able to remove all of the APAP, but by removing 95% of it, you're really nullifying its toxicity.