• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Safety of Amanitas on LOW dose Klonopin & Prozac plus other questions

Mycophile

Bluelighter
So I've noticed that I'm not the only one who has seen Amanita Muscaria/Fly Agaric mushroom gummies being sold in their area, and I'm very interested in taking them, but I'm a bit wary because 1) I'm on a pretty low dose of Klonopin 2) They seem unpredictable, and I'm not sure what to expect.

1) Let me first say that I'm very slowly weaning off my Klonopin, and my regular dose is 1.5mgs in 24 hours, where I take 0.5 during the day and 1.0 at night. Let me be clear that I can and have EASILY skipped both dosages without withdrawal when drinking or doing Phenibut, and nothing bad happened. I know that Amanitas are also a GABA drug but I really feel like if I skip my Klonopin for the day Im honestly going to have very little of it in my system, so shouldn't I be safe to take them if i skip my dose, especially seeing as I've been fine with other GABA drugs like Phenibut/booze?

I mean, if something bad WERE to happen, then what would it be? Is there an actual danger of respiratory depression on these? Cause it seems unlikely to me...

2) Is my being on 60mgs of Prozac an issue? I have not heard of bad interactions between SSRIs and Amanitas, and I've never had issues mixing drugs like Phenibut, alcohol, shrooms and LSD with my prozac.

3) What really can I expect? I'll read more trip descriptions soon (I've read a couple) but are these most likely going to put me to sleep? Cause I have heard them compared to Ambien (I don't really like Ambien...) and heard people call them a "deliriant" or "hypnotic", and on one episode of Hamilton's psychopharmacopia someone said that they put him to sleep when he took them.

So, like, should I take them at night and expect that I'm going to pass out and dream through the trip? Or will I more likely be awake? Could it be a mix of asleep and awake? I live with other people who are not necessarily so "drug friendly" (I avoid them and stay in my room or outside when using substances usually) so I don't want to like lose my mind and act like a crazed sleepwalking weirdo while on them LOL. If it was regular shrooms I'd know what to expect, but I really don't know how these work.

Could someone who has taken them explain what they are likely to be like for me?

And are they are really dangerous in general? Cause while they don't seem to be, many are "wary" of them. I don't want to do any kind of damage to my liver or kidneys or flip out or anything. I'd probably start at a low dosage.

Also, how long do they last and how long do they take to kick in?

Thanks.

Also, are these the kinds of things where I'm going to have absolutely no idea who or where I am or what I'm doing? Like, are they like Datura or any of the Scopolamine containing drugs? Cause if so I want NO part of them.

Could I get violent or take my clothes off or start screaming or anything crazy like that? Cause I've never done anything like that before on any drug, even though I haven't used all the different RCs people here use, I have used typical psychs like shrooms, LSD, etc.

I'm pretty well trained in martial arts so the idea of me getting violent scares me, but I've never once gotten violent on any drug or on alcohol. But one thing I do do is talk in my sleep sometimes, and I mean in actual complete sentences, like full conversations with myself I've been told, so I'm thinking that could possibly happen on Amanitas if I fall asleep and I don't want to scare the shit out of anyone LOL. Like I said, I live with people, and I'm a bit wary of what it could be like to be around someone on these.

Are they really that nuts, or are they typically more mild than that and not likely to make someone do all kinds of crazy shit like some of the Jimson weed trips I've read about?? (I'd NEVER touch that shit...)

I just read a couple Erowid reports that sounded HORRIBLE. People totally losing their shit altogether. If that's actually likely to happen then this sounds like a no-go, but the question is, is that actually common for people to become completely delirious and do all manner of crazy shit?

I dont know...if it's even a realistic possibility this might be one to skip. Not too sure, and surprised I haven't heard more people on here mention their experiences...

Really wish I could help you regarding these specific interactions, but I've no idea really.

When I was using benzos daily, if I was trying a new drug, especially one that could potentially cause a bad physical reaction, I would stop using all gaba drugs to the point that I would be withdrawing. It wasnt fun, but it allowed me to know the true nature of the substance with relative safety. Most of the times I tried this with psychedelics, my withdraw symptoms would lessen or even disappear.

1) Let me first say that I'm very slowly weaning off my Klonopin, and my regular dose is 1.5mgs in 24 hours, where I take 0.5 during the day and 1.0 at night. Let me be clear that I can and have EASILY skipped both dosages without withdrawal when drinking or doing Phenibut, and nothing bad happened. I know that Amanitas are also a GABA drug but I really feel like if I skip my Klonopin for the day Im honestly going to have very little of it in my system, so shouldn't I be safe to take them if i skip my dose, especially seeing as I've been fine with other GABA drugs like Phenibut/booze?

I mean, if something bad WERE to happen, then what would it be? Is there an actual danger of respiratory depression on these? Cause it seems unlikely to me...

2) Is my being on 60mgs of Prozac an issue? I have not heard of bad interactions between SSRIs and Amanitas, and I've never had issues mixing drugs like Phenibut, alcohol, shrooms and LSD with my prozac.

3) What really can I expect? I'll read more trip descriptions soon (I've read a couple) but are these most likely going to put me to sleep? Cause I have heard them compared to Ambien (I don't really like Ambien...) and heard people call them a "deliriant" or "hypnotic", and on one episode of Hamilton's psychopharmacopia someone said that they put him to sleep when he took them.

1. I did Amanita with benzos and am fine, but I am a lucky idiot so.. maybe you’ll die in pit of fire if you don’t stop benzos first?

2. SSRIs should not interfere with main mechanism of Amanita.

3. Expect nothing be prepared for everything?

Look @Mycophile , Amanita in low doses could make your benzo WDs very manageable, in fact you’ll feel better than on 1.5mg of clonazepam so why not take care of that with help of Amanita first and than aim for doses that feel more, hm, Amaniticstatic…

1. I did Amanita with benzos and am fine, but I am a lucky idiot so.. maybe you’ll die in pit of fire if you don’t stop benzos first?

2. SSRIs should not interfere with main mechanism of Amanita.

3. Expect nothing be prepared for everything?

Look @Mycophile , Amanita in low doses could make your benzo WDs very manageable, in fact you’ll feel better than on 1.5mg of clonazepam so why not take care of that with help of Amanita first and than aim for doses that feel more, hm, Amaniticstatic…
Well, I won't be in withdrawal from skipping 1 day of Klonopin. There'd still be some in my system as it has a very long half life.

Not sure what you mean by "aiming for doses that feel more Amaniticstastic" lol. Doses of Amanita or Klonopin?

So, now I am not too concerned about the interaction, but from the Erowid reports I just don't know if Amanitas in general are a good idea with how unpredictable they seem. Some people have had good experiences while others have had HORRIBLE experiences of completely losing their shit in the worst way.

What I'm curious about is whether or not these particular Amanita gummies they've been selling and which they have at a headshop near me (I'm assuming they are the same as a popular online brand or at least similar) are safer than if someone was just to pick some Amanitas and take them. Afterall, at least SOMEONE figured out a dosage when it comes to these gummies.

Anyone have any idea as to how different these gummies might be than if someone just randomly picked some Amanitas and ate them? Would there be any difference?

And why is it that when I searched I seem to not really find nearly as many Amanita trip reports on here as for most other psychedelics? Cause when something is legal and yet not everyone and their buddy is taking it it makes me wary...You know, shit like Nutmeg, Datura, etc. There's a reason these have been legal all these years and yet most people stay away from them, and I'm hoping that Amanitas don't fall into the same ball park...

They seem VERY unpredictable.

Any thoughts on this? Would you guys who know about them say they are anywhere near as unpredictable as substances like Datura, Jimson Weed, Belladonna, Nutmeg, etc?

Cause if so I'm not touching them as I wouldn't touch any of those.

What was your experience like? And what dose did you take? Did you take gummies or pick them wild? How long did the trip last? Did you fall asleep on them? Did you get nausea or throw up? Any answers to these questions would be great.

What was your experience like? And what dose did you take? Did you take gummies or pick them wild? How long did the trip last? Did you fall asleep on them? Did you get nausea or throw up? Any answers to these questions would be great.
I tried only Amanitas I picked myself. First time ever I thought about it a bit like you now. I took only a few grams and got really relaxing, almost like opiod/disso/gabaeric hybrid relaxing high.

I didn’t suggest properly what I think you would really benefit from and that’s stopping benzos with a bit of help from Amanita. If I was more you I would do it like this – skip morning dose of clonazepam and take 1.5mg before sleep and than when you wake up proceed with Amanita use and get rid of benzo addiction. It’s really that simple if your life situation is such that you could, well get by like dude, you know dude from Big Lebowski. If you can drink White Russians whenever you feel so but do Amanita instead you can jump of brain munching clonazepam without any serious scars. Is Amanita safe for such use? Go fuck around an find about, I seriously doubt it’s worse than benzos.

I dream sometimes of picking up Amantias, of them helping me and me helping them… Gotta love the shroom®. I still didn’t went far/deep with them but so far I better like them than poser magic mushrooms tbh. It’s a totally different relationship and my preference of LSD over psylocibin also has to do with that. My ever-growing love (would say lovehate but that would might be lie) for dissos, opiods, weed and booze might also have to do with it.

Should I start about reasons why Amanitas are legal or not… Well are castor beans legal where you are? Is true love ilegal where you live?

I tried only Amanitas I picked myself. First time ever I thought about it a bit like you now. I took only a few grams and got really relaxing, almost like opiod/disso/gabaeric hybrid relaxing high.

I didn’t suggest properly what I think you would really benefit from and that’s stopping benzos with a bit of help from Amanita. If I was more you I would do it like this – skip morning dose of clonazepam and take 1.5mg before sleep and than when you wake up proceed with Amanita use and get rid of benzo addiction. It’s really that simple if your life situation is such that you could, well get by like dude, you know dude from Big Lebowski. If you can drink White Russians whenever you feel so but do Amanita instead you can jump of brain munching clonazepam without any serious scars. Is Amanita safe for such use? Go fuck around an find about, I seriously doubt it’s worse than benzos.

I dream sometimes of picking up Amantias, of them helping me and me helping them… Gotta love the shroom®. I still didn’t went far/deep with them but so far I better like them than poser magic mushrooms tbh. It’s a totally different relationship and my preference of LSD over psylocibin also has to do with that. My ever-growing love (would say lovehate but that would might be lie) for dissos, opiods, weed and booze might also have to do with it.

Should I start about reasons why Amanitas are legal or not… Well are castor beans legal where you are? Is true love ilegal where you live?
Thanks, although I have to say for anyone else reading that your advice to simply stop using benzos is a really bad idea. I've been VERY slowly tapering but everyone knows you don't just suddenly stop taking any benzo you are dependent on.

I also feel I have to defend psilocybin mushrooms lol. I love them, but I refuse to EVER call them "magic mushrooms." It's either shrooms, mushrooms or psilocybes. Something about "magic mushrooms" sounds so much like an annoying news headline: "And up next, why your kids are doing Magic Mushrooms and what to do about it!" LOL.

Thanks, although I have to say for anyone else reading that your advice to simply stop using benzos is a really bad idea. I've been VERY slowly tapering but everyone knows you don't just suddenly stop taking any benzo you are dependent on.

I also feel I have to defend psilocybin mushrooms lol. I love them, but I refuse to EVER call them "magic mushrooms." It's either shrooms, mushrooms or psilocybes. Something about "magic mushrooms" sounds so much like an annoying news headline: "And up next, why your kids are doing Magic Mushrooms and what to do about it!" LOL.
You’ll think different when you try Amanita, not about psylocibes, very big majority of people prefer them. I should point out that I never ate more than 10g of Amanitas but I did eat 10g of potent dried psylocibes so I’m comparing them only on the lighter end of spectrum. Tho my advice for stopping 1.5mg clonazepam isn’t a bad advice. It’s much worse what you commonly hear, just tapper it over next century, that, that, pointless, brain & life munching advice. I’ve seen a lot of people jumping from higher doses in clinical settings or alone. I might not be in a society that treats addicts the best but once you’re within lower range of benzo use (up to 2mg of clonazepam) no matter what Asthon promotes you can safely jump of. Depending on person or how long you used it, sure, it could be unpleasant but not dangerous. That’s just ol’ pharmas tales. You can die from benzo and booze WD, but go see statistics and to whom it happens. Delirium tremens, that’s almost always indicator prior seizures and/or death when it comes to booze occurs only in a slight number of world greatest drinkers, some of them with us here on BL, but common under 1l ethanol and under 50 years of alcohol service don’t have to bang their head about it. And out of those greatest drinkers, cold turkey stopping will kill only 1 – 2 out of 10 and, mind you, that’s not adjusted only for the first time stoppers that have bigger likelihood of surviving. And benzos are less problematic than booze because of theri half-life so to be in real danger you have to be Elvis level pack-man, that again some of those Elvis reincarnations are here on BL.

But I’ll admit it’s dangerous to jump even from 1.5mg of clonazepam, if you’re infant or an 99 years old girl.

the muscimol restores conformational shape of GABA-A receptors. Definitely support getting off of benzos or any GABA PAMs I myself am using it to assist a diazepam taper from a regrettable slip into alcoholism hopefully for the last time.

the muscimol restores conformational shape of GABA-A receptors. Definitely support getting off of benzos or any GABA PAMs I myself am using it to assist a diazepam taper from a regrettable slip into alcoholism hopefully for the last time.
Thanks, but could you please answer some of my other questions?

How long does it last? How long does it take to kick in? Do you usually fall asleep or are you usually awake? Do you get visuals? Do you blackout or forget what happened? Are you likely to get sick to your stomach?

Those are most of them, but I think there were some others so please look at my earlier posts and get back to me when you can.

Thanks, but could you please answer some of my other questions?

How long does it last? How long does it take to kick in? Do you usually fall asleep or are you usually awake? Do you get visuals? Do you blackout or forget what happened? Are you likely to get sick to your stomach?

Those are most of them, but I think there were some others so please look at my earlier posts and get back to me when you can.
if you hafe properly extracted muscimol it's like baclofen but for GABA A. there is no sickness, no visuals, nothing psychedelic, just pure GABA agonism in a very natural and centering way. absolutely has never cause me blackouts, amnesia or any of the negative effects of other gaba drugs even in super high dosage. usually kicks in pretty quickf when i take it, 10-15m but im using an extract sublingually

if you hafe properly extracted muscimol it's like baclofen but for GABA A. there is no sickness, no visuals, nothing psychedelic, just pure GABA agonism in a very natural and centering way. absolutely has never cause me blackouts, amnesia or any of the negative effects of other gaba drugs even in super high dosage. usually kicks in pretty quickf when i take it, 10-15m but im using an extract sublingually
Thanks. And how long does it usually last?

Also, if there are no visuals or anything psychedelic, then would you really even call it tripping?

I've never taken Baclofen but I've taken Phenibut and F-Phenibut. Is it kind of like those?

Also, I have not extracted the Muscimol as I'd have no idea how to do that. These are Muscimol/Amanita gummies sold at a headshop near me and the guys who run it said that they have been very popular.

depends on the method of extraction, i use nano emulsified materiel that is time released, but im working in this field. I definitely would not call it tripping --- the tripping part comes from muscarine (the anti-histamine that can be in amanita) and ibotenic acid, ideally you just want muscimol for the purposes you are talking about.

depends on the method of extraction, i use nano emulsified materiel that is time released, but im working in this field. I definitely would not call it tripping --- the tripping part comes from muscarine (the anti-histamine that can be in amanita) and ibotenic acid, ideally you just want muscimol for the purposes you are talking about.
Why would you not want the muscarine or ibotenic acid if they can make the experience more psychedelic?

Cause I checked my bag and it has 4 gummies and it says each has a ratio of 2:1:1--2 for Muscimol and the 1s for Muscarine and Ibotenic acid. What does that kind of combo mean for what the experience might be like? Cause I still haven't quite gotten the nerve to take them.

Would it be a really bad idea to take these with a small amount of Phenibut? Cause I'm on 1,500mgs of Phenibut right now. Both are GABA drugs so I don't know if that's entirely safe.

Also, would it be a good or bad idea to take some kratom with these? Would it potentiate the amantias or could it ruin the experience or be dangerous in any way?

Last edited:
I'm not sure that's quite correct. Muscarine isn't an antihistamine, it's an acetylcholine agonist. Ibotenic acid is a prodrug, but would probably be stimulating or anxiogenic if active. Muscimol is generally considered the hallucinogenic component of amanita muscaria. Consider how deleriant something like zolpidem can be.

I'm not sure that's quite correct. Muscarine isn't an antihistamine, it's an acetylcholine agonist. Ibotenic acid is a prodrug, but would probably be stimulating or anxiogenic if active. Muscimol is generally considered the hallucinogenic component of amanita muscaria. Consider how deleriant something like zolpidem can be.
you are right it isn't an anti-histamine but it isn't what you want either https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/muscarine
it's acetylcholine binding.

It's odd that some people describe amanita muscaria as a deleriant when pharmacologically it may actually have the opposite effect. I feel like we don't really know what's happening with these mushrooms.