• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Safest Psychedelic?

Yes but the term "brain damage" needs to be defined more clearly in this case. I have never, not once, met a person who's "life is fucked up" from marijuana. Those who become lazy stoners and don't go anywhere were already destined to move that direction in the first place. Those who have motivation and don't buy into that "amotivational syndrome" crap, and mentally use willpower to overcome potential negative affects that marijuana might "try" and sway your lifestyle into.. will make it without seeing any degradation of life.

I've known dozens of 30-40+ year smokers that are extremely healthy and possess sharp mentality. Just as sharp as they would have otherwise. So if they do have "brain damage", it's absolutely indeterminable to me.. and I really think it's a minute point. My boss is 65 and runs faster than me as well as publishes books and does a whole bunch of other shit, and he smokes more than anyone I've ever known.

It all comes down to the individual, and if you're going to let a soft drug take over your life. Crack, Heroin, etc - those types of substances may be much harder to "ignore" the negative effects of... but marijuana is no biggie. At least, it won't damage you enough to mess your life up if you're a decent thinking person.

I say ketamine. It is very safe in that it doesn't cause any significant respiratory depression, and when you K-hole it sort of forces you into a certain mindset that is usually very positive and enjoyable.

Psilo707 said:
Yes but the term "brain damage" needs to be defined more clearly in this case. I have never, not once, met a person who's "life is fucked up" from marijuana. Those who become lazy stoners and don't go anywhere were already destined to move that direction in the first place. Those who have motivation and don't buy into that "amotivational syndrome" crap, and mentally use willpower to overcome potential negative affects that marijuana might "try" and sway your lifestyle into.. will make it without seeing any degradation of life.

I've known dozens of 30-40+ year smokers that are extremely healthy and possess sharp mentality. Just as sharp as they would have otherwise. So if they do have "brain damage", it's absolutely indeterminable to me.. and I really think it's a minute point. My boss is 65 and runs faster than me as well as publishes books and does a whole bunch of other shit, and he smokes more than anyone I've ever known.

It all comes down to the individual, and if you're going to let a soft drug take over your life. Crack, Heroin, etc - those types of substances may be much harder to "ignore" the negative effects of... but marijuana is no biggie. At least, it won't damage you enough to mess your life up if you're a decent thinking person.

i dont really agree with you, i dont know about crack but there are plenty of long term opiate users who also hold down jobs, appear sharp witted and do all the stuff you mentioned you know cannabis users that do. the same goes for alcohol users, in fact some of the most brilliant writers and actors, etc were alcoholics. this doesn't mean alcohol doesn't damage your brain, even in important ways. it just means some people are able to compensate for it and still accomplish "great" things.

i would stay away from research chems your first time its crazy to be trippin and thinkin about your one of a very small group of people who have done this drug. Acid is amazing shrooms are great id go with one of those.

DXM or Ketamine(low dose) there mildly psychadelic but not to intense for a first timer.

I find it funny that people go on about how toxic chemicals used to get high are, but never once mention modern day food additives. Artificial sweeteners and "modified" starchs and oils are bad for you too. There are studies out there that have been downplayed in order to keep people buying them. My point is, there are alot of things out there in today's world that your body would prefer you not take, by preaching "drugs r bad mmkay" the damage from many other chemicals are put on the back burner, which is really easy cause drugs are already taboo and an easy target.

LSD. i think its the way to go. some people are allergic to shrooms and you could get hives. not fun. you said you wanted to evolve your mind, well theres inherent risks in trying to speed that up with psychs. neuro toxicity however is not one of them with acid. im not sure what you mean by individual reports but im pretty sure you need brain scans to tell that so i think these individuals that reported this didnt know what they were talking about. in any case, most people who have problems with LSD either have a bad trip with traumatizes them, or take way too much. im not talking at once, i mean over time. addiction of cid is far from common, but it happens. and its debatable whether problems related to that are due to chemical changes, or due to being disconnedted from reality from just not spending enough time there (in reality that is). so yeah, ive had great experience with lsd and shrooms, but i think for a first psych to encourage evolution of your mind, cid is the ticket.

also, if you think salvia has taken you as far as it will go, you arent doin it right. it is by far the most intense psych i have tried.

In terms of physiological/mental safety I would probably recommend mescaline. As for general toxicity I have heard it quoted as being "less toxic than caffeine or acetaminophen", and most people consider it to have a particularly "earthy" and protective quality, and a substantially lower likelihood of having a bad reaction. Only downside is preparation, for that I would recommend straight consumption, unless you would like to try a mescaline extraction. Perhaps some Dramamine 2 (Meclizine HCL) for the nausea?

Also, I have had some truly beautiful spiritual experiences on relatively low doses of morning glory seeds (100-150 seeds), but nausea is also a factor. Whatever you decide on, probably start with a light/threshold dose to acclimate yourself, before taking it further. Best of luck!

I'd say mushies, just cause I've always found them to be a gentler trip than LSD. The first time I did acid, even though I loved it, by the end of it I was starting to wig just because of how long it lasts, and if you're not ready for a good 10+ hour balls-to-the-wall trip with the aftereffects going on for the better part of a day, its going to start making you flip.

Mushies have never been as intense for me, they're a lot more chillax.

Both are about equally as safe in terms of bodily damage, and they're both in the range of "Don't abuse the fuck out of them and you're going to be healthy"