• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Safest Psychedelic?

howlongisthenight

Greenlighter
I was wondering, in each of your opinions, what the safest psychadelic drug is? I am very aware of the assumed risks in using a psychedelic, including personality changes, life-alter perspective shifts, and HPPD amognst others. Researching this topic is extremely difficult because almost every site states "long-term effects have not been studied" for many of these substances. Of course, this statement could support either side depending how you view it. Now, personally, I would never use a high dose of MDMA or LSD due to increased possibility of long term effects. Burning out serotonin receptors is not worth a few nights of fun, in my opinion, and individual reports of neurotoxicity in regards to LSD have limited my interest in the substance. So I would like to here your opinions regarding the subject. I feel that oftentimes neurochemistry is left out of the picture when drugs are being used, but I take drugs very seriously. I lead an active lifestyle and have many years ahead, that being said, I do believe that occaisional use of psychedelics could be theraputic and help in the evolution of the mind, body, and spirit. Salvia was pretty interesting, but I feel ready to move beyond it.

Choices would include:

Psilocybin Mushrooms
LSD
LSA
DXM
Mescaline
DMT
2C-B
2C-I
2C-E
2C-X (other analogue describe below)
5-MeO-DiPT
5-MeO-MiPT
5-MeO-DMT
AMT
DPT
Ethobotanical (please specify)
Other-Pharmacutical
Other- Tyrptamine
Other-Phenetylamine

if this could be made a poll, that'd be great
If you feel this should be moved to the psychedelic forum that'd be cool too

this is a tough call, considering even how little short-term studies on health and psychedelics are. although, after reading some studies a little while ago about ayahuasca and its effect on the brain done by Jordi Riba, i'd have to say DMT.

the studies are "Effects of ayahuasca on sensory and sensorimotor gating in humans as measured by P50 suppression and prepulse inhibision of the startle reflex, respectively" and "Increased frontal and paralimbic activation following ayahuasca, the pan-amazonian inebriant."

However, a study was also conducted entitled "Do Entheogen-induced mystical experiences boost the immune system? Psychedelic Peak..." by Thomas B. Roberts which shows short-term (a few days) boosts in patient's immune systems by lowering their levels of stress. If i remember correctly (i dont have it infront of me), he used mescaline in this study, so that too may show to be a relatively safe psychedelic

individual reports of neurotoxicity in regards to LSD have limited my interest in the substance

huh? really?

I would say avoid all the research chemicals because the least is known about them

DMT/5-meo-dmt is probably too intense

LSA, LSD, DXM or mushrooms would be a good starting point.

although with LSD you never know wtf will be on blotter paper so you can cut that out if you're cautious of taking research chems

also hawaiian baby woodrose seeds (a source of LSA) contains hydrogen cyanide, which although is most of the time in sub-lethal doses, long term effects are unknown.

I think morning glory seeds are OK though (someone verify?)

mushrooms make sure you get em from someone that knows what theyre doing of course.

DXM make sure there arent any other active ingredients in the cough syrup you chug (ie: get robitussin DX)

Mushrooms are definately the leading candidate right now. I was interested in some of the 2c-x because of their effects on mood, would this seem to lower the probability of a bad trip? Current plans are a 4-man camping trip with one afternoon/night devoted to being psychonauts. Others are experienced users of shrooms and acid.

in that case id say go with shrooms since your friends are experienced. . dont go too deep for your first trip - when you feel things are out of control is when things have the possibility of getting bad.

I personally think taking mushrooms is probably the best bet in your position. Just because they're so much of an "overall" psychedelic experience. A complete one, you could say. The 2C-x series has some interesting and worthwhile substances, but I would say they each have a more 'directed' and specific feeling than Psilocybin, even though most still include a majority of aspects of a traditional psychedelic 'trip'.

But I don't think you could say with much evidence that an "occasional" mushroom trip is any more or less mentally/psychologically altering than an LSD trip. In the long run, after extended use of either drugs - yes, LSD might be slightly more prone to giving long term problems in the head. But if we're talking "a few times a year" or less of uses, then you can pretty much be guaranteed it won't matter either way which of the two you plan to use.

Psilocybin is the way to go for your 1st trip. Get them from a good source, and dont worry about physical danger from them. Lsd is safe also, but it is far more psychoanalytical in my experience, and not the best choice foryour virgin trip.
The reports about neurotoxicity and lsd are bs, by the way.

Who you guys reccomend updosing or re-dosing. (start low and see how you tolerate it, then increase dosage as led)? I guess I should add that I am currently taking Piracetum which may lower tolerance to certain psychedelics.

Yea....I do think anything in moderation is fine, but there are just some guys I've met that are just "fryed" of course this could also be from smoking pot 8-10 times a day. (not kidding)

If you use piracetam on a daily basis, stay away from the 2c-x family until you really get a good feel for the psychedelic mindstates. I am interested in knowing how it effects your virgin trip. Definitely post a trip report.

I honestly don't think mushrooms are any safer than LSD. Hell, you could always get bad shrooms and damage your liver from them. But acid... shoot, any individual reports of neurotoxicity (excepting HPPD, etc.) are seriously one-off events. I'd be surprised if their incidence was honestly statistically significantly higher for LSD than for psilocybin.

From a physiological standpoint: LSD, shrooms, DMT, 5-MeO-DMT
From a psychological standpoint: Weed, although not all consider pot to be a real psychedelic; and from what I heard, 2C-B

Ok so the tentative plan is for me to injest a small amount of mushrooms to see how my body reacts and how well I tolerate them. Once I feel slightly familiarized with magic mushrooms I will do a full trip. I will write a full report to post somewhere on here, but it won't be up for a while because the current plans are not for some time, but a low dose may be ingested sometime next week.
A question for you guys? Do you ever go into a trip looking to answer a specific question about life? Or should I just go with whereever it wants me to go? This is probably for you guys who like deep, meaningful trips.

Ketamine is not on the list? I mean, if you are considering DXM a psychedilc, I think Ketamine would count as well. Other than the damage to your nose if you insuffilate it, I would say it is one of the safest drugs out there, pysiologically and psychologiocally. Worst case scenario, its very fast acting, unlike shrooms or acid, so it gives a quick low risk trip.

Ketamine would be a far better introduction to the world of disassociatives than DXM.

Id say that all natural drugs in their natural source i.e mushrooms, cacti, yopo. would be ruled out because alot of people are allergic to mushrooms, so its not so much about the drug but where it came from.

If the drug was separated then it would be a different matter.

I think LSD, mescaline or DMT would be the safest physically. Psychologically i wouldnt have a clue, maybe DMT only because i heard its hard to feel fear because your just so overwhelmed. Dont know, dont care.

I would definetly say mescaline, don't take LSD, I'm one of the people who is permanetly fucked up from it, so I try to tell people to take other psychedelics. Try the mescaline if you can get it, very calm and fun, or if not, shrooms

id say shrooms, start with a low dose and see what happens and then you can move on from there. lsd also seems pretty safe but there seems to be a slightly higher incidence of people having long term affects like hppd.

babygetoboy said:
I would definetly say mescaline, don't take LSD, I'm one of the people who is permanetly fucked up from it, so I try to tell people to take other psychedelics. Try the mescaline if you can get it, very calm and fun, or if not, shrooms

just out of curiosity, how are you permanently fucked up from lsd?