• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

*Safely* Easily Remove Naloxone From Suboxone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been user of ppt for almost 3 yrs. I recently used heavily ppt for 4 days before starting on suboxone. I started suboxone 12 hours later. I did not experience any WD and feel it is helping me tremendously. I have 2nd doc appt tomorrow plus drug test. 1st drug test last week i could not pee because I was in Wd and could not eat or drink anything. I guess they thought I was trying to get out of it lol. I tried like 5 times and drank 15 small cups of tap water and still couldnt pee. That was how dehydrated I was. I was so happy when I finally peed. Anyway my opiate level was 1700. It might be higher tomorrow i dont know. But it is my third day today on bups and I can say I feel in control now whereas before I felt helplessly no control and bound to this aweful tea. I loved the tea. I loved that relaxing feeling when you lay down and your in that twilight state forever. But I hated sleeping too much. I want my life back and I want to feel normal again. So pray for me. I dont have any money because I lost my job and my mom is helping me through this. Thank god my hubby got good job now. I was a nurse so you see where I am coming from. I will be so proud of myself to get through this. I finally have some hope now. Sent last box of poppys unopened back-return to sender on it!!!:)

Kinda off topic, well really off topic but did you quit your job as a nurse because of the drug addiction. I also used to work in the medical field well actually the animal medical field but we used the same narcotics as humans so I quit to keep myself from getting into to much trouble incase i decided to do something stupid and sign out a little extra fentanyl that dident end up in the animal. Thankfully I never dropped that low. I'm on suboxone as well and want to get back into it soon

For any body else searching to extract naloxone from suboxone, let me put my 2 cents in, Naloxone is highly soluble in ISO-propyl. Someone should have said this from the very beginning, would have saved bandwidth. I feel bad for any idiot that actually went out to try this. I do know this is an old post, but is an ongoing question.

I 100% agree with this. I try and explain it all the time it gets tiring tho. It's just common sense if you know anything about how drugs operate in the brain. I've IV 'd sub and since I was already stable on sub the naloxone didn't touch me. I snort my sub mainly (unless I'm transitioning to it and the naloxone matters-then sublingual ) and it's always been fine for me after about 24 hours taking sub. It makes me happy to see people get this. Go you!
...sighhhhhhh.

Please read my post above. The same misinformation keeps getting posted here no matter how many times it is corrected.
You are right that naloxone is inactive orally...but so is buperenorphine. But remember, we dont take suboxone orally, we take it SUBLINGUALLY. So yes, both the bupe and naloxone are orally inactive, but they are absorbed directly into the bloodstream via sublingual administration.

However, none of this matters because ONCE AGAIN, bupe has a much much higher affinity for opiate receptors then naloxone does. Therefore, when you take suboxone, the bupe binds to your receptors and blocks the naloxone, making the naloxone inactive.

If you were dumb enough to IV suboxone, you would still get high because even though the naloxone gets into your bloodstream, it will have no chance of binding to your receptors because the bupe has such a higher affinity.

When will this matter finally be put to rest? Honestly, its the manufacturers of suboxone who are to blame. They know god damn well that the naloxone present in suboxone has no effect, and is just there to dupe the medical community into thinking that it makes suboxone less abusable.
I firmly believe they should be prosecuted for falsely representing their product.-DG

Awesome

*Fixed to be safe (although .2 ml iso is not going to start a fire unless you live in a lint house with sawdust walls) Please don't close, this info will be helpful for everyone who wants subcutex but gets suboxone.

This seems to make suboxone way more potent, if you just disolve subs in water and do them the bupe is not that soluble in water but the naloxone is. So you could end up with a nice big shot of withdrawal.

If you crush half a pill, disolve in about .40 ml 91% iso alcohol. Carefully filter with cotton, put in second spoon, add another .20-.30 ml iso to the mix, and extract again. Combine both pulls in second spoon, and filter again. Should be a little orange but clear, no milky particles. Let it sit in a warm drafty place until it evaporates completely. If you were to accidentally boot iso your liver oxidizes it into acetone, so don't do that. Add .4 ml water and heat while stirring, once it all is in solution suck up again and boot it.

This seems to work well, it all makes sense according to the solubility of bupe. Since the naloxone is almost insoluble in iso it stays in the first spoon along with all the other shit besides some flavoring and artificial coloring. As a side note your dealing with the dihydride form of naloxone. I was a chem major. I tested this and it didn't give me w/d's, I normally need H a couple times a day and i did this and felt great for around 26 hours. I put this together from various posts but my searches showed many people were unaware of this method to separate suboxone. So give it a shot and get back to me

This is an amazing post...the only thing I would add is you can purchase 91% isopropyl alcohol at your local cvs or Walgreens =D

Yes, but did you ever realize that an ignorant sob like me that prefers to iv doesn't want ANYTHING other than active ingredient in my preparation....most certainly not narcan (naloxone)...with it if I had Any trace of opiates in my system I would go into precip. withdrawal without there is nothing but sweet release

I disagree with what you have posted...I have ivd suboxen and subutex within 3 hours or less of heavy iv opiate use...and can you guess which one gave me precipitated withdrawals?......not the subutex!

Last edited by a moderator:
Binding affinities from the PDSP Ki database (in human tissue). Smaller= better binding. Tighter binding ligands will displace looser binding ligands.
Naloxone Ki = 3.63 nM
Buprenorphine Ki = 1.50 nM

By the way, there are lots of people who seem to find no difference at all between the subs with naloxone, and that without. Curious. Almost as if the naloxone had no effect, because the bupe displaced it from binding.

Also the idea that you can selectively dissolve naloxone from buprenorphine with alcohol is laughable. The two compounds are similar enough that there won't be much of a difference. 9and besides, how are you going to tell? Do you do TLC to prove to yourself you don't have naloxone in there?) If you were really interested in cleaning it out you could make a bisulfite addition complex or something.

Of course, the most likely explanation for "naloxone withdrawal" resp. suboxone is the placebo effect. There's very little chance that the naloxone in suboxone does anything beyond a placebo, but we tend to underestimate the placebo effect, especially as regards to opioids; remember, the placebo effect was discovered when someone found that injecting nothing at all could produce analgesia equivalent to morphine.

Which is why this obviously ineffective procedure (0.7 ml of 91% iso contains enough water [0.06 ml * 50 mg/ml = 3 mg] to dissolve all of the naloxone) seemed to work. Naloxone in suboxone exists primarily to scare relapsing addicts away from injecting it (which is what you are, if you inject suboxone -- no illusions). And it works.

When I switched over from the RB proprietary subs to Actavis I would get a headache from the naloxone and (Placebo?) a delayed onset. Price difference is minimal. So much for those generic savings. My body took 3 or so days to acclimate to the change in manufacturers. Absolutely no difference now. They hold me as well as the orange stop signs.

Sorry, I dont mean to be a stickler, but you are still posting some incorrect information, and if someone were to act according to something you stated in your last post, they could end up throwing themselves into withdrawals.

You stated that by removing the naloxone, you could use the suboxone after heavy opiate use to avoid getting thrown into withdrawals. This is a common misconception, and entirely incorrect.

Again, the bupe has a much higher affinity then the naloxone (and a much higher affinity then nearly all opioids). When you take suboxone (or subutex) very soon after using another opiate, its the BUPE that throws you into withdrawal, not the naloxone. Because the bupe has a higher affinity then both the naloxone, and whatever opiate you were using earlier, the bupe pulls the other opiate off your receptors and replaces it with itself. Because bupe is partial agonist, there is a net decrease in opioid receptor agonism when the bupe pulls the full agonist (heroin, oxy etc) off of your receptors and replaces it with itself (a partial agonist).
So you see, the naloxone has nothing to do with it. Its the bupe that pulls off the other agonist and replaces it with itself, not the naloxone.

Again, Im not trying to be a stickler, but if someone were to read your post, they might mistakenly think that by removing the naloxone from suboxone (or simply use subutex), they dont have to worry about precipitating withdrawals from dosing with suboxone too soon after taking another opiate. This is absolutely not the case. If someone were to use pure bupe, they have to be every bit as careful in terms of not dosing too soon after using another opiate, as they would be if they were using suboxone.

BTW, I will agree with you that naloxone does cause headaches in some patients, in fact it did for me. I got switched from suboxone to subutex for this reason, and while my headaches did go away, I do not notice any other difference between suboxone and subutex. They have the same "feeling" for me, except I dont get the headaches.

Anyway, if u are on suboxone, u should talk to your doc about switching u to subutex. Im not sure if u know, but subutex has recently gone generic (suboxone has not). So, u can get subutex for much much cheaper these days.

The problem is, many bupe docs mistakenly think (like you) that the naloxone actually does something in the suboxone, and therefore dont want to switch people to subutex. It really is criminal how the manufacturers pulled the wool over the medical communities' eyes by convincing them that the naloxone is active and prevents abuse. This point is not up for debate. It has been proven again and again that the naloxone is not active in the suboxone formulation. It was a real slick move by the manufacturers, but a slimy one at that. -DG

Thank you soooo much for clearing this misconception that so many addicts and most importantly doctor's are brainwashed with.

Naloxone is pure BS! They (FDA, Doctors, and even patients) say that if you shoot naloxone, you will go into withdrawals. FALSE! I've done it and felt fine.

The precipitated withdrawal cause has so many people confused too. I went into the worst precipitated withdrawals I've ever experienced because like an idiot, I decided to take a SUBUTEX, NOT SUBOXONE, 9 hours after my last opiate use. Within 10 minutes, I knew something was wrong. Just picture being dope sick but tripping at the same time. That's the best way I can describe it.

With that said, it's the buprenorphine that causes the withdrawals, not naloxone. Please people, I know and apparently the person who's text above I quoted knows as well that the bupe is the cause. All of the reading about naloxone is such bs when they say it will cause withdrawals. Why can't they just tell the truth and say naloxone was created to just give the manufacturer a longer money making scheme and patent length.

I'm disgusted with the misinformation that I would love to start a class action lawsuit. This is serious sh*t here people. And whoever said in this thread that you can isolate the naloxone from the bupe in the suboxone and then either shoot it or take it sublingually after just using opiates is going to cause many people who heed his advice to put themselves into the worst feeling they will never forget.

So please everyone here, please believe me and believe the quoted poster's (daddy something-sorry man I don't feel like scrolling up!) Post on this topic.

Like I said this misinformation is the responsibility of the pharmaceutical companies. They are flat out lying to addicts and doctors. Who's with me on straightening Reckitt Benckiser out?

So the naloxone in suboxone doesn't prevent people from abusing buprenorphine, and you want to sue Reckitt over it? I don't know what the court system is like where you live, but even US courts would find that frivolous.

You're also absolutely incorrect about naloxone's ability to cause precipitated withdrawals, you just haven't shot enough of it. Shoot some narcan after a short acting opiate and tell us how you feel (seriously though - don't do that).

Bluelight isn't the right place to recruit people to your lawsuit. I'm closing this, you can PM me if you'd like to discuss this more.

Status
Not open for further replies.