• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Safe to take Tums with Oxycodone?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I'm trying a stronger dose today, but I have bad indigestion, would it be ok to take tums before I take my 12 30 dose?

It might seem a little stronger since more basic stomach conditions are said to increase opiate effectiveness. But yes you should be fine as long as the dose you're taking isn't too large for your tolerance.

It might seem a little stronger since more basic stomach conditions are said to increase opiate effectiveness. But yes you should be fine as long as the dose you're taking isn't too large for your tolerance.

I've always found a slightly enhanced effect with my Methadone dose when I take antacids prior to dosing. I dont think it is clinically significant, maybe 10% potentiation on a good day?

What do you guys think?

Thank you. I was worried it turn a 7.5 or 5 into something I can’t handle, here’s something unrelated .. if I had one dose left would you recommend tums before or after? I’m thinking about that and adding Tylenol as my ankle hasn’t really healed

It sucks I don’t wanna go to doctor for it so I just bought where I could. That being said I coulda got something from the hospital a helluva lot cheaper cause of insurance

Pharmacologically antacids should decrease absorption of any drug u take after antacid administration. My Pharmacist told me this actually lol. Basically I'd take the oxy first then the antacid.