• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Safe to take Tramadol 50mg & co codamol codeine 500mg/30mg together ?

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Ok so over time I have suffered with immense pain along my lower back I'm prescribed tramadol for the past 5 or so years and just now also co codamol codeine phosphate 500mg/30mg. Is it safe to take these together, I should also point out I take diazepam 20mg.

No I see different Doctors sometimes, this time it was a completely new one as it was a medical out of hours emergecy.

Okay. I wish I could be of more help, but it's difficult to pinpoint with 100% accuracy whether or not any combo is safe.

You do have 2 things working in your favor:

The diazepam will help to even out any seizure risks from the tramadol, although the tramadol is such a small dosage I think the seizure risks are pretty small.

And codeine is a relatively weak opiate, especially if you stick to the 30mg as prescribed.

If you've been on the diazepam for a while and have a tolerance, I would hypothesize that you would be okay. But this is speculation. There is just no way to say for sure.

I myself would take it, but I have such a high tolerance to benzos and opiates that I would take my chances, knowing the potential risks involved.

Honestly I would call your doctor or pharmacist to get an all clear. I'm just not comfortable telling you it's safe.

Sorry for the long "non-answer" :/

^^ good non answer. I agree, but would run the combo past your doctor. Mixing the opiates may seem small, but could effect your particular tolerance. Check with your doctor.

Okay. I wish I could be of more help, but it's difficult to pinpoint with 100% accuracy whether or not any combo is safe.

You do have 2 things working in your favor:

The diazepam will help to even out any seizure risks from the tramadol, although the tramadol is such a small dosage I think the seizure risks are pretty small.

And codeine is a relatively weak opiate, especially if you stick to the 30mg as prescribed.

If you've been on the diazepam for a while and have a tolerance, I would hypothesize that you would be okay. But this is speculation. There is just no way to say for sure.

I myself would take it, but I have such a high tolerance to benzos and opiates that I would take my chances, knowing the potential risks involved.

Honestly I would call your doctor or pharmacist to get an all clear. I'm just not comfortable telling you it's safe.

Sorry for the long "non-answer" :/

i have a high tolerance to tramadol and benzos like yourself so I may just give it a try. I will run it past my main gp but it's not often I get good pain relief that's effective. Tramadol stops working after time well it did for me and I manage s to stop for a few months then recently put back on them so I kinda relate to your answer entirely tbh. Thank you