• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Safe to take oxycodone+benadryl with a bad cold?

sadmachine

Bluelighter
I'm on the back end of a bad cold atm, coughing up very lumpy green phlegm (sorry for the mental image).

I took 30mg of IR oxycodone around 8 hours and I was considering redosing with 10mg + some diphenhydramine (mainly because i still feel a bit nauseous, the potentiation will just be a bonus)

I figure both are cough suppressants and I probably want to be coughing up all this nasty shit, but I won't be using after today for another week.

Just wanted to double check that i'm not putting myself at any risk, haven't ever used anti-histamines to potentiate opioids and my tolerance is currently pretty low from a break.

I personally wouldn’t but I am someone who is very very cautious about mixing anything to the point where I will wait out the half life of something before I even consider taking anything else. End of the day I love being alive lol

I take oxycodone( legit script) and benadryl everyday for many years. Just don't take too many benadryl. I had a tolerance to benadryl because of allergies. I am no doctor but, I've never had an issue, but then again I also take valium( legit 10mgx3)
But my tolerance is up, but I don't want say go for it, and have something happen but if dose is in the therapeutic range, I would say no issue.
However, I would say ask your doctor first.( hey if something happens I don't want to be blamed)
You could also try it with friends around for safety if you choose not to ask your doctor)
The 30mg ir should be gone. The 10mg is not going to potentiated that much with benadryl.
( don't see a problem, but for safety sake ask a doctor first)

Last edited: