• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Safe to take mdma when nearly done tapering with escitalopram(lexapro/cipralex)?

bubu11

Greenlighter
Used to take mdma prior to starting cipralex-escitalopram. Have been taking escitalopram for anxiety for 1year and 10 months. Gradually from 10mg to 20mg until this May when I started tapering it down. June 10mg, July-August around 5mg but some days 2.5mg. For the past two weeks 1 day I'd take 2.5mg and the next day nothing. I have been having some headaches but today thinking of coming off it completely.

My question is, is it safe to take mdma in a weeks time? Is there a risk of serotonin syndrome? Have been using on parties every now and then in the past but nothing for the last 2 years(while I've been on escitalopram).

I haven't been able to find any conclusive information regarding whether it is actually dangerous to mix. Nearly all sites mention that it just decreases the effect and is just a waste of money, if that's the case why not try some. Unlike MAOI's where everyone agrees that it causes serotonin syndrome if mixed.

If indeed there is a risk of serotonin syndrome is the way I tapered off and a week completely clean enough? Also, is it maybe more dangerous to stop completely the ssri because the brain chemistry will be imbalanced and it could cause mdma being able to take advantage of more serotonin that suddenly was available to be released?

You will not get serotonin syndrome, but most likely the mdma will have no effect at all. You usually have to wait about a month after coming off of ssris like escitalopram/cipralex.