• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Safe to take adderall 26 hours afte taking methadone ?

hatrix

Bluelighter
I have 40mg of adderall I want to dose. Assuming it's been around 26 hours since taking the methadone, would I feel the adderall ? Or would it be pointless to take it. I certainly no longer feel the methadone but I'm aware of the half life.

I also plan to take alprazolam for the comedown but that'll be after another 4-6 hours passes.

Also, given the same situation... Instead of adderall, would 35mg of hydrocodone (plugged) be felt ? Or would there still be to much risk for OD considering my low tolerance. I got high of off 10mg of methadone last night. Not super high but a decent high with nodding.

In theory, you could have taken addy 26 MINUTES after methadone and be fine.

Xanax and hydrocodone on the other hand is a different story. However, you have waited 24+ hrs, and the methadone probably increased your tolerance. You should be fine. Dose whenever because you have waited long enough...

So I'll be fine with the adderall. I'd prefer to take the adderall because I want my opiate tolerance to lower before I decide to take the hydrocodone.

I do realize I could have taken adderall with the methadone haha... I just don't want that extra strain on my heart with my FIRST time taking methadone. Thanks for the advoce laCster !

I will be taking xanax on the comedown, it's a must but I'll be careful and watch my dosage, starting low with 0.25mg or 0.5mg and working my way up. Wouldn't want to stop breathing in my sleep because of some leftover methadone in my system...

adderall and methadone work on different receptors so methadone will not affect the effectiveness of the adderall. methadone only blocks opiates not amphetamines. so yes you will be fine and it will work.

Thanks for another confirmation. The adderall is working great and actually doesn't have the usual harsh jitteryness/anxiety.

Glad to hear all is going well for you, also glad you checked first, as methadone is nothing to be taken lightly or fuck around with unless you are sure of what you're doing. Glad to see bL serving its harm reductive purpose. :D

It's me go to first place for any drug related questions :)

Better safe than sorry.

Actually methadone messes with qt interval of the heart (I think that's the term), I'm not sure but doesn't adderall do the same?