• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Safe(r) cocktail combo rec's

HannahS

Greenlighter
I have MDD, an eating disorder, chronic insomnia, and thanks to some texting PITA, serious damage to my cervical spine and nerves. I have pain - a lot of it - and I'm following all of the rules, PT, docs, tests, acupuncture, meditation, and even a little kumbaya.

I'm so on edge in a large part because all of my moderately okay releases are not options (e.g. running, walking the dog, writing, cooking) b/c my hands and arms have limited function. Constant pain along neck, back, shoulders, upper arms, fingers, toes, back of legs, and head. I can't even get off (another stress reliever) because I'm too in my head.

I have a bit of medical marijuana left (could get more but never was really effective for me), and a whole box full of old meds. Since I have trouble getting a release, I've been working out my own combos, which are probably not a very good idea and are probably not HR because I don't know what I'm doing. Essentially, I'm asking for combo suggestions so that I don't do other "isms" like self-harm or binge/purge that will really screw me up (esp. the b/p - I've been in remission for 18 mo and can't go back to that). I also think that if I can come up with a combo that lets me fly a little, relax, and spank the monkey, I will feel much better. So here's what I have:

valium, klonopin, ativan, butalbital
vyvanse (various dosages), ritalin ER, ritalin IR, evekeo
Percocet, Vicodin
ambien (not much - I save extra for times when I run out on the weekend), belsomra (really did zip for me)
The rest isn't really helpful - lyrica, neurontin, pristiq, wellbutrin, yadda yadda

I won't write here what I'm thinking for a combo. I'd really like to find something to help me relax and still let me enjoy sex, to be frank. I've tried before but have a hell of a time getting high even before all of this happened. My regular "soup" as I call it is neurontin, fetzima, wellbutrin, and ritalin ER morning and at noon. Evening "come down" is two low doses of klonopin followed by Ambien when I'm in bed. The opiates are for when my back is seizing, which I like to refer to as a full-body migraine. The butalbital is for migraines.

PMs would be welcome too - I know some to avoid, but I don't know a safe option.

Thanks -
Hannah

Best combo that i can think of would be phenibut (easily bought online) and some Percocet.

Another great mix is Lyrica or Neurontin with any opiate/opioid.

Both Lyrica and phenibut make me insanely horny, so its great for that.

Are you regularly taking ambien opiates and barbituates with muscle relaxers.

We're not here to recommend the most "recreational" or "fun" drugs unfortunately. We can definitely tell you what is and isn't safe to take, but the fact of the matter is that everybody has different preferences. As far as what you most enjoy, you've got to figure that out for yourself. I'm not trying to be mean either. I just feel that this is the truth.

Now, you need to be careful combining a lot of the different drugs you've listed. You are working with Central Nervous System Depressants of 4 different classes. Combining 2 different depressants can often be disastrous, so you're really playing with fire by mixing them all. If anything, stick to one depressant and take at most, a single, small dose of another to augment the first's effects. It should go without saying that blacking out could have serious consequences when you have access to all of these medications, so I would try to limit your intake of Benzodiazepines/Barbiturates.

I'll second Head High. From a Harm Reduction perspective, one of the safer combinations would be an Opioid with a gabapentinoid like Gabapentin (Neurontin) or Pregabalin (Lyrica). They apparently don't contribute significantly to respiratory depression past a certain point, so as long as you understand how dangerous Opioids can be in their own right, you should be fine.

Thanks for the suggestions - I realize that it's not even close to ideal but so much isn't close to ideal right now...

I take 600-300-600 on Neurontin daily, and a vic when my back starts spasming or the pain is intense. I did feel a little dullness after a second dose of vic, but not much. I will give the Lyrica/phenibut combo a try.

I even thought about creating my own topical combination - apparently there's a compounding med called "Scream Cream" that is supposed to help with anorgasmia but while I can get most of the ingredients, it doesn't seem worth it. Heck, I could probably get my doc to script it but I haven't heard positive reviews.

I should also mention I have albuterol, dymista spray, pulmicort, and hydroxyzine liquid for seasonal allergies (not taking now that we have a foot of snow). After reading what's in the scream cream, I was thinking about trying to spray albuterol and dymista to see what happens.

I've been on 10mg of Ambien for over a decade. I have taken it with muscle relaxers (oh, I have those left too) but never had an issue. Same with the benzos and opiates. MRs don't have an impact on my condition which is why they were discontinued. I have Flexeril and another one.

I appreciate the fine line between advice and recommendations - which is why I came here. I know I'm going to do stuff, I want to do stuff, but things like respiratory arrest, yeah, that would not be good.

Thx all - any other suggestions welcome.

Do not mix Lyrica and phenibut, this could make you insanely dizzy or nauseous. the combinations mentioned were EITHER phenibut OR Lyrica and a opioid.