• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids safe IV technique questions. please help

Have been injecting meth for about a year with very poor training. Learning now that Ive been making many mistakes and have just begun to make corrections.
May be too late. I started having pain in my hand yesterday assuming that I sprained it somehow. Today it's getting worse, feeling like there's a fracture or dislocation on the little finger side of hand. I am almost completely unable to use it. There is some swelling though not too bad, it is increasing and now I see that the veins on the back of my hand are extremely pronounced. I'm afraid it may be related to use. The pain is extreme. There isn't a specific site of injection involved. I have had missed and arterial hits on that arm and wrist.
What can I expect if I go to an ER. I have been avoiding all medical attention since I began this. I am 58, a late starter. No one knows I'm using except my bf. I don't think I could live with my family, children and grandbabies finding out

I find it fustrating that in a lot of movies and tv they show IV users tieing off, injecting then untieing the tourniquet. Hollywood spreads bad HR.

Yeah
And they show people heating their heroin on a spoon even though heating isn't good either

Yeah
And they show people heating their heroin on a spoon even though heating isn't good either

Now what if you boil it to kill bacteria but then let it cool back down so have any solids come back out? Granted I wouldn't do that on really nasty gear, only if it already looked pretty clean when dissolved.

Couple points I want to make..

Not everything in the word of using drugs is universal. Such as you don't need to heat heroin. Come to Chicago and try to bang a city bag without cooking it first. You'll clog the rig if you even if you get that far in to it. Yea I know raw doesn't really need heat applied but it does help dissolve it quicker. Literally everyone I've ever met in the Chicago area cooks their dope.

And I've never ever seen a micron filter. I know ALOT of dope heads too.

also the loosening of the tourniquet before injection. I don't doubt that in certain cases like if it's tied too tight or a massive volume of solution is injected that a vein could possibly "blow out" but I have in my naive days injected with the tourniquet firmly fastened, quickly removing it afterwards, and never blew a vein out. And tbh sometimes in smaller veins if you remove the tie before injecting the needle will fall out of the vein. N a heroin addict who is sick probably isn't going to care as long as they get their fix.

I imagine some of you on this forum to be fancy addicts like you shoot up with your pinky out or something because you have no idea what its actually like out on the streets. I'm sure the thought o using puddle water to shoot with would seem insane to you. N yet most junkies have done that or something similar.

Its good to teach people better HR and stuff but when you guys act like junkie behavior doesn't happen often or that everyone is as savvy as BLers are in the real world.. It just comes off as pretentious and out of touch.

Sorry Hollywood portrayed realistic heroin usage instead of lesser known HR techniques.. As if the point of the movies is to show people how to safely use heroin

What bugs me is when they make the pupils bigger after a shot. Now that is unrealistic.

So even if you sterilize everything, what if the drug powder itself has bacteria? Does bacteriostatic water kill that if you cook with it? Or is boiling sufficient?

What's the recommended procedure if you have a sealed bottle of bacteriostatic water? Critique my method:
wipe that rubber top of of BS water lid
insert syringe - draw up BS water
eject BS water into cooker with H - mix H - etc
draw up H solution through filter

Does that sound right?