• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids safe IV technique questions. please help

uponbenzos

Ex-Bluelighter
http://www.nuaa.org.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26&Itemid=17
this is an informative site about IVing including how to do it with oxy with another link insite that site specifically for oxy
http://www.nuaa.org.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=133&Itemid=5
i dont understand it at all & all i can get is 1mL rigs anyway

anyways...
firstly it says to:
Pull back (jack back) the plunger and blood should appear. If it doesn't, remove the needle and tourniquet from your arm, take a deep breath and start again.

now when my mate does it for me he jack backs like 5 times before pushing the plunger all the way down. is this safe for my veins or should it only be jacked back a few times. he says he only does it so many times with oxy for some reason.
so how many times is is normal to jack back whiloe pushing down the plunger. i dont wanna hurt my veins. does it hurt ya veins if ya jack back to many times?

next question. This site says If you are injecting pills, filter at least three times.
now my mate puts the oxy in a spoon & crushing it by pressing down with a smaller spoon which works well to crush it. he than puts a piece of cotton in the spoon & draws back from the cotton in the spoon into the rig ready to go.
that's filter once. how do u filter 3 times?

Do u put the needle in the cotton, pull back to filter once. than empty the rig into another spoon where u pull the liquid out of another cotton & than empty the rig into yet another spoon & pull the liquid out of another piece of cotton for a 3rd time?

is there an easier way. or is that standard practice.

thanks. btw we dont have micron filters in australia. so he just rips cotton off a cotton bud. not a cigarette filter which is good cuz the website says thats a bad idea. i'll quote what it says
"Never use a cigarette filter as they may contain tiny glass fibres which can damage your veins and heart. Use a tampon or cotton buds instead."

question 1. how many times is it ok to jack back to see if its still in the vein?
question 2. how do u filter 3 times? is it just the way i said so before? or is there an easier way..
question 3. my mate only jacks back 5 times or so with oxy he says. but he doesnt do it with meth. anyone know why? this question isnt really important to me but im curious.

thanks[/B]

if anyone can answer any of these 3 question. please help

it isnt nessocary to pull the plunger back 5 times, once or twice max is all thats nessocary to make sure u hit the vein, if theres no blood dont continue.
any more times you do risk rupturing/bursting your vein.
with pills it is always good to double or triple filter though once is usually fine, if u use a slightly larger piece of cotton it can be helpful. oxys can jell up too (turn into a tight blob) witch is a good reason to pull back twice. uncommon with only one oxy tho.
cotton buds and tampons can be used but this can easily make you sick from 'cotton fever'(small pieces of cotton in your blood stream) you wont die or anything but it can make you sick. never use cigarette filters.
if you go to a medical centre or some place like that, you can buy sterile water, needles and cotton buds cheap that wont leave cotton in your blood stream.
make sure u take the band or string or whatever off your arm before removing needle.
never let ur friend inject you, never share a spoon or needle, never use the same cotton bud, never touch his blood. this isnt saying your friends diesased but this is an easy way to get very sick. if you see the packet and it has acetaminophen or says ((APAP) as a trade name do not shoot it as this can be potentially fatal. tell your friend too. scrape the outer coating off your pill before crushing too. use something sterile.
make sure everythings sterile.
alcohol swab your arm before and after injection. make sure there oxycodone without a time release or any gay shit like that.
if your using your own needle more than once, you can clean it by drawing bleach and squirting out and repeating 3 times then rinsing the whole thing with water very thuroughly, if your using a friends used needle do this 6-10 times(your never 100% safe when sharing needles even with bleach cleaning).
im finding it hard to read your questions then remember what they are while answering so i just wrote down that stuff, hopes it helped.
be safe, if you dont trust something, clean the motherfucker.

You should register "jack back" very gently.

The key is as soon as you pierce the skin, pull back a tiny bit to create a vacuum while still inserting the syringe - this way, you don't have to guess when you are in a vein, blood will instantly appear. Next you settle your nerves, and brace your hand against your arm so you don't slip out. Start pushing it in. I usually register again at 1/3 and 2/3 of the way through the shot. This ensures you haven't slipped out of the vein.
Never "boot" or pull blood back into the syringe once it is empty. It takes much more effort to fill an empty syringe, and thus you are more shaky. Aand more likely to damage your veins. Plus it is totally unnecessary.

question 1. how many times is it ok to jack back to see if its still in the vein? Ideally the less you jack the better, but if and when you do jack, keep the movement of the plunger to a minimum. All you need is a tiny flash of blood to make sure you are still in the vein. Really, if you register, anchor your pin,and are nto shooting something that numbs, theres no reason to jack because if you slip out the shot will start burning. That being said, I jack..it's just like OCD for me. I register at teh beginning, and then half way through I pull back like a single unit, then at the end another like unit or 2 to flush the dead space. Do not flush your syringe wtih like 20 or 100 units or blood lol.. there is really nothing to be gained from the minute amount of heroni residue and that will DEFINITELY be causing un-needed trauma.

question 2. how do u filter 3 times? is it just the way i said so before? or is there an easier way.. Not sure why you are filtering 3 times.. but i am not sure what you are shooting. I cotton filter the heroin I shoot once, just to catch any fuzz or something that may have fallen in the cooker. If particles are making there way through your filter (cotton ball usually) the 1st time, what makes you think they would be caught the second or 3rrd? The only time I might filter something twice is if I accidentally slipped off the cotton or something, or if I am micron filtering. I cotton filter first then run it through teh micron because you can get MUCGH more use out of the micron that way.

question 3. my mate only jacks back 5 times or so with oxy he says. but he doesnt do it with meth. anyone know why? this question isnt really important to me but im curious. No idea.. maybe because its REALLY fucking bad to miss even a tiny amount of a pill shot unelss its micron filtered? 5 times is over kill though, chances are thats what is going to make you slip out. You need to register, anchor, and just inject gently, look at how far the needle tip is in the skin, it shlould not move a hair. If you are not moving, and not shooting something that causeds vasoconstriction, theres no reason to go jack crazy.

To get teh initial register do as the above poster says: as SOON as the needle pierces the skin, pull back 2-3 units thus creating a vacuum. Now as soon as your pin punctures a vein blood will flume in, anchor, ande procesed to shoot. Hold your breath, anchor your arm, hand, pin, just stay as still as possible. If you do all of this and pay attention to any chance in pain you really dont need to be jackin at all. Hell if you haev good enough veins, you dotn even have to register, when you hit a vein you get a 'flash' of blood. Personally I ALWAYS officially register.

Ive been usin for years and when I use, I do no less than 10 injections during the day usually, and I have yet to "blow" "collapse" get an "abscess" etc.. It's all about technique. and also what you shoot. If you shoot pills, you should micron, or you will end up with issues, its guaranteed. The heroin around here is so clean it just looks beautiful in the pin, like apple juice or giner ale, 100% translucent, so clean, the cotton doesn't even look used after you filter.

If you plan on shooting pills regularly order soem micron filters offline and you dotn have to worry about any of that 3 filter bullshit. Or killing your body literally. Why would australia not have microns? Lol the president banned them? Go online and order some.. if you prefilter before you filter throguht emicron, you can filter a lot of solution so with one micron you mightbe able to get like 10 shots out of it. Now I thnk it's worth 1 or 2 bucks.. your body is your templ,e you only get one.

If you miss shooting a pill even ONCE you will be a lottery winner if you dont getn an abscess, or you might be lucky enough to loose your whole arm. Had hyou micron filtered itd been like missing a shot of water.

Last edited:
it isnt nessocary to pull the plunger back 5 times, once or twice max is all thats nessocary to make sure u hit the vein, if theres no blood dont continue.
any more times you do risk rupturing/bursting your vein.
How could registering burst the vein? That doesn't make sense to me, you are just drawing blood into the syringe.

Many people register multiple times while slowly injecting the liquid in order to make sure the needle is still in the vein. Personally I think this is a good idea (although 5 times is overkill).

If the person is doing this registering at the end, when most or all of the liquid has already been injected, then it is because they believe that it will flush out the last tiny drops of the liquid and so every last bit will be injected (in practice it's really not necessary as any liquid still left in the syringe is going to be miniscule).

I have no idea why your mate only registers 5 times when injecting oxy. Can you ask him? The only explanation I can think of is (especially if he's not filtering the oxy very well) is that it might be more likely to clog the syringe or damage the vein or something and he wants to make sure the liquid is still going into the vein properly?

If your solution is clogging your syringe you need to take a step back and reconsider ever IVing again. Filter your shots people. The only time that should happen is if you get blood that has coagulated... you should never be injecting solutipon that has particles floating around in it. Where do you think they are gonn ago? You are gonna shit them out or something?

so i figure its ok to jack back when u first put the needle in ya arm. than u do it again at 1/3 & again at 2/3.
so that's 3 times total.
or would it be better to jack back when u first put it in to see that ya in a vein & than only once more at half way?

I understand theres no point in jacking back once the needle is empty.

so which is is. jack back twice or 3 times?

i'll tell my mate not to do it like 5 times any more. i dont wanna destroy my veins in exchange for a few hrs or feeling a bit more relaxed. it wouldnt be worth it

if u read the 1st link i wrote on my original post about how to do it with oxy it says to filter 3 times
like I asked before. how do u do this. my mate puts the needle into a piece of cotton. (not cigarette filter ofcourse) to filter it.
i guess the only way to filter again is to squirt the liquid back out onto another spoon & than use cotton again. than squirt it out again onto a spoon & draw back out of cotton again for the 3rd time. Is that how u filter 3 times?

Last edited:
If you are registering violently, it will cause the vein to pinch. You could instantly cause it to collapse with enough pressure. Therefore, when you register, you're really going to try to be as careful as possible when doing this, keeping in mind you don't need but a few units of blood to make sure you're in.

Yeah man, just register once at first and once to make sure you haven't slipped out.

To filter, you should use compacted cotton in a 3ml syringe, backload it, and push it through. If you have to use cotton, this is better than drawing it up through cotton with a point.

Really, you should just get micron filters or sterifilts. Most NEP's in Australia have one of the two, I would highly, highly recommend it.

I wouldnt see why jacking would cause that much harm, seeing as you can have 100's of times more taken that same way when u get blood drawn at the doctors. i wouldnt think that youd be even able to tell if blood was going in after that much itd be rather dark in the syringe. Maybe im wrong

I wouldnt see why jacking would cause that much harm, seeing as you can have 100's of times more taken that same way when u get blood drawn at the doctors.

Yeah, I agree with this. Who registers "violently" (as Captain Heroin said) anyway? And wouldn't a violent vein-pinching register would still have the same risk whether it was the first register or the 4th? The risk has nothing to do with the number of times you register, just go slowly and gently and no need to resister multiple times in a row for no reason without injecting a bit of liquid in between. There are no hard and fast rules about how many times a person should register but I always found it very worthwhile to register, slowly depress the plunger, register again, slowly inject some more, etc, especially if the vein was unreliable.
i wouldnt think that youd be even able to tell if blood was going in after that much itd be rather dark in the syringe. Maybe im wrong
Normally after the first register, you depress the plunger and inject some of the liquid which also injects the blood from the register, or most of it at least (assuming you didn't pull some huge amount of blood into the syringe, only a tiny bit is needed). So the liquid in the syringe is usually pretty clear again by the time of the 2nd register. But if you have a lot of blood in the syringe (for example you registered but then it slipped out of the vein so you didn't inject) the way you can tell if it's hitting a vein when you register is that if it isn't what looks like air will enter the syringe. It is actually a vacuum though. If you register and the volume of liquid increases with no "air" bubbles, then it is in the vein and more blood has been drawn into the syringe.

I have a question. Im unable to easily access insulin syringes, I live in texas, strict strict strict, and no exchange programs period. so im using a 3 cc syringe with a 22 gage needle smallest tractor supply carries. my wife is attached to my hip 24/7 and knows I've used before so I've been using the same syringe and needle for 3-4 weeks. suddenly I cant seem to register in any location lower arm upper arm hand foot, and as a result have missed several shots. however I've now discovered it's not from me not being able to find a vein but a cloged needle/ worn out equipment of some sort. I.just finished a shot and surprisingly had a fat vein bulging and most obviously was in it. when I pushed on plunger, no register, there was no burn no pain and after shot absolutely no bump and I got my regular great rush. the syringe is one of those twist on kind. I seem to.have good suction because drawing up water is very easy but can not get a register from vein. I've filled it up with water several times and blasted it out, I've sucked up rubbing alcohol and blasted it out even got sewing needle and stuck it in back side of needle to open hole still nothing what can I do to get it to register. I know I need to just get a new one but until then im gonna do meth and possibly miss help

Guys, idk how to start my own thread but i have a small tip 30 gauge spike stuck in my arm.
Go to the ER asap! The spike could go to your heart and kill you

Please be seen. Foreign objects can move thru our body in ways other than expected . I've seen glass from an auto accident appear in a place other than where it entered after many months. That tip could stay put, fester and come out , or stay put for an undetermined amount of time before suddenly moving to a critical organ and killing or maiming you.

At what point in the process do you take off the tourniquet?

And what does it mean exactly to anchor?

I have a question. Im unable to easily access insulin syringes, I live in texas, strict strict strict, and no exchange programs period. so im using a 3 cc syringe with a 22 gage needle smallest tractor supply carries. my wife is attached to my hip 24/7 and knows I've used before so I've been using the same syringe and needle for 3-4 weeks. suddenly I cant seem to register in any location lower arm upper arm hand foot, and as a result have missed several shots. however I've now discovered it's not from me not being able to find a vein but a cloged needle/ worn out equipment of some sort. I.just finished a shot and surprisingly had a fat vein bulging and most obviously was in it. when I pushed on plunger, no register, there was no burn no pain and after shot absolutely no bump and I got my regular great rush. the syringe is one of those twist on kind. I seem to.have good suction because drawing up water is very easy but can not get a register from vein. I've filled it up with water several times and blasted it out, I've sucked up rubbing alcohol and blasted it out even got sewing needle and stuck it in back side of needle to open hole still nothing what can I do to get it to register. I know I need to just get a new one but until then im gonna do meth and possibly miss help

Holy shit thats a fat needle. Look you have to get new equipment plain and simple. That gauge is not meant to be used except in the largest of veins. Thats used mainly to take blood not inject.

Honestly mate you need to search for suppliers of needles or needle exchanges. Until then take your gear with a different ROA. Rack it up and line it or smoke it. Sure its a different rush but that needle you are using is gone beyond its use and you have to get a new one. Until then just change ROA.

Its a bit awkward but yeah . Register. Loosen. Inject. I was taught a relatively easy way of doing this by an ex who was an iv user for years. Its very hard to describe in words though.