• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin safe (enough) to shoot w/o filter?

purplerox

Greenlighter
I've been using dope regularly for a couple months now and am currently unable to access clean dental cottons. I have clean syringes though and can't get the high I need by just sniffing it. I'm on the US East coast so it's powder not tar (I also don't heat it which I've heard is ok to do w powder). Am I ok shooting it without filtering it? I mean obviously I'm doing heroin I'm not that worried about my health lol but I don't want to get a clot or blow my good veins out

I don't think any heroin is pure enough to shoot it without filtering it "safely". Whereas some drugs like RC's and methamphetamine are commonly available in 99.9% to 100% pure, most (like heroin) are not.

I don't think any heroin is pure enough to shoot it without filtering it "safely". Whereas some drugs like RC's and methamphetamine are commonly available in 99.9% to 100% pure, most (like heroin) are not.
really? meth is often pure? interesting!

Yeah, meth won't crystalize if too impure, and its so cheap its not a good business practice to cut it. 99/100 times someone getting bunk or stamped on meth is getting it from some twacked out homless dopehead who is desperate to make an extra buck, not a real drug dealer.

I doubt your heroin would even pull up correctly without a filter and you definitely should NOT backload unfiltered heroin. You can't find a cue tip for cotton swab around the house? This is NOT something you should do, but if the alternative is shooting it unfiltered you could use a cigarette filter, I suggest camel or american spirit as they still use cotton in their filters(AFAIK) but this is NOT good harm reduction and should NOT be a go to practice, I really shouldn't even be suggesting it.

try cutting a ciggarett filter in half with a razor blade and use that. you can still smoke the cig too

really? meth is often pure? interesting!

It might be impossible for me to say often, but if you look at DEA seizures you'll find that tar heroin is never 100%, it always has impurities but they do happen to make and get into the country 99.9-100% meth, in large quantities. It's quite easy to make and to use.

I sometimes get H which completely dissolves with no particulate and I'm too lazy to filter it and don't wanna waste any. This is not the best practice, put if there is any undissolved matter I use a little piece of cotton swab.

I've been using dope regularly for a couple months now and am currently unable to access clean dental cottons. I have clean syringes though and can't get the high I need by just sniffing it. I'm on the US East coast so it's powder not tar (I also don't heat it which I've heard is ok to do w powder). Am I ok shooting it without filtering it? I mean obviously I'm doing heroin I'm not that worried about my health lol but I don't want to get a clot or blow my good veins out

When I shot H, I had some bomb ass #4. It dissolved 100% into the 0.9% normal saline I used. I never had a single problem NOT filtering it (and I NEVER used a filter). I guess it depends on what type of H you have.

Have you tried using clean ciggarette filters (obviously from unsmoked cigarettes)....just open up the paper and cut in half and filter thru that....or even better....just basic cigarette filter tips....way back in the day...thats the only way i had ever known to do heroin

Dicksizing about how pure and clean your heroin was so you don't have to use a filter isn't helpful. You have no idea what the OP is holding, he may read your post and immediately think if they did it I can do it and go on to backload some garbage. When giving advice for HR, always assume the worst when you have zero evidence to the contrary.

If you use steriwipes when shooting, cut the corner off one and drop it in your spoon. Press the bevelled edge of your needle down on the piece of wipe and draw up through it. This makes quite an effective filter if nothing else is available.

Yeah, meth won't crystalize if too impure
AHA!!!

It might be impossible for me to say often, but if you look at DEA seizures you'll find that tar heroin is never 100%, it always has impurities but they do happen to make and get into the country 99.9-100% meth, in large quantities. It's quite easy to make and to use.
Yes, I know the times I scored random speed off the street I got high as fuck, it was prob 100% :)

It should also be noted that just because the drug is pure, doesn't mean that the sample couldn't be adulterated accidentally with bacteria, etc. from the dealer's hands, scale, the environment, source of production and what not. It's still advisable to use a proper micron filter with everything if you're absolutely concerned about such things.

But in practice I often would just dissolve crystal methamphetamine with water and inject, sometimes preloading it into a syringe, drawing up water and then shaking until dissolved. Mostly just using a cooker (NO HEAT NEEDED, just repeated spraying of the water with the needle/syringe until it's dissolved, then drawing it up).

Cigarette filters are a bad idea. While them containing actual fiberglass is a myth, the tow they do contain is just as bad; in fact absent visible particulates nothing is probably better.. Almost any bodega/corner store/whatever they're called in your region will have small packs of q-tips for a buck that are a better alternative, and ideally some health sections will have sterile cotton balls (if the package doesn't specifically say 'sterile' they're not) that are the best option short of micron filters.

Have you tried using clean ciggarette filters (obviously from unsmoked cigarettes)....just open up the paper and cut in half and filter thru that....or even better....just basic cigarette filter tips....way back in the day...thats the only way i had ever known to do heroin

If you use steriwipes when shooting, cut the corner off one and drop it in your spoon. Press the bevelled edge of your needle down on the piece of wipe and draw up through it. This makes quite an effective filter if nothing else is available.

Both good replies IMO.

Cigarette filters are one of the better makeshift options. Best to use the loose ones for roll-your-own ciggies, i don't think talior-made smoke filters are clean enough. But in a pinch, better than not using a filter.
Street heroin typically contains microscopic insoluble materials which you really don't want lodging in your lungs, eyes or capillaries in the extremities.
Bad IV practices (like shooting up without a filter) can cause some weird, fucked up health problems long term. Any sort of sterile cotton can be used, but clean ciggie filters are probably better, from some studies i've read.
Cheap too, and easy to source.