• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Safe Clonazepam use after last Oxycodone Dose

Icecoldsoup

Greenlighter
First, I am a daily user of oxycodone for several months, between 60-120mg per day. I have zero benzodiazepine tolerance and have not used them for over 10 years. I usually take my oxycodone in the morning, spread out 40-60-120mg between 8am and 1pm. I've noticed that later in the day I get a bit anxious and unsettled (I have generalized anxiety disorder). I am certainly aware that combining benzos with opiates is dangerous.

I recently came across 10 - 0.5mg Clonazepam. Is there a time frame after the last oxycodone dose that would be safer to take a Clonazepam? Is 4 hours ok?

If so, at 238lbs, what kind of dose would "take the edge off" without staggering around like a drunk. For example, would I be safe to try half a pill, like 0.25mg?

I have no intentions on taking the two simultaneously or potentiating either drug, I am not interested in that right now.

Thanks for your help

Yes, 0.25mg-0.5mg is a safe dose for someone without a tolerance to benzos

0.25mg is a pretty small dose, I doubt it will do much

I would just straight up start with 0.5mg
Thanks for the quick response. Just trying to be careful with the two drugs in my system. Seems like I should be fine.

You said time after for safe use in the title so if you mean that tbh you could probably be fine starting of with .125/.250, with the oxy.
Are you taking it to come down off oxy, then just take said amount whenever you've trying to come down.
If worried have you got anyone with naxlone?
Or don't know how many diazepam or whatever benzos do you usually eat?

You said time after for safe use in the title so if you mean that tbh you could probably be fine starting of with .125/.250, with the oxy.
Are you taking it to come down off oxy, then just take said amount whenever you've trying to come down.
If worried have you got anyone with naxlone?
Or don't know how many diazepam or whatever benzos do you usually eat?
Thanks for your response but im not sure how to interpret this. I don't usually eat any and would nalaxone even reverse respiratory of the combination?