• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

S+ isomer MDA

psilocybonaut

Bluelighter
A friend of mine recently acquired some superpure MDA, made using a little known method that uses no safrole and a completely legal precursor. Looks super pure and has no smell. He got to read the lab notes of the chemist, and he said that they optimized it at the end by doing an isomerization to make it all the S isomer.

Doing a little reading, it says that the S isomer of MDA has higher psychostimulant properties. I know that MDA is a bit more potent than MDMA...when i roll on molly usually i'll take 230-250mg at once...would that be too much with this stuff? Like should i lower it?

Has anyone tried anything like this (s-isomer mda or even s-isomer mdma)?? Does anyone have any recommendations? I am super excited, seems like a super rare find. I've never had pure MDA before, only years ago in one batch of pressies (white macintosh/apple)

Last edited:
Hey

I recently had a few experience with MDA, although I cant comment on the S Isomer part, I found that 150mg was my sweet spot, and like you I usually do around 230mg of MDMA a time

150? Yeah, i should probably lower it to around 200mg or so. Or even lower you think? I like rolling hard

One journal article i was reading stated that the R- isomer of MDA provides more 5HT2A agonism and is probably more responsible for the hallucinogenic properties, while the S+ isomer is more responsible for the psychostimulant/amphetamine-like properties

I found when pushing the dosage up it didn't increase the stimulation but certainly brings out its psychedelic properties, but like I said I couldn't tell you if I had the R or the S Isomer, I think regardless of what one it is, it will feel different to MDMA.
You should be good on 200mg, cant see it causing any problems if your experienced with MDMA

I've heard this same sales pitch used for MDMA before (which actually turned out to just be poor quality MDA in one case).

It doesn't really make sense as isolating certain enantiomers is difficult, wasteful and won't make for better times with MDxx like it will with amphetamine and methamphetamine.

When you have it tested, please post a link to the results as I am interested to see what it is. S-MDA I doubt (not impossible though).

When you have it tested, please post a link to the results as I am interested to see what it is. S-MDA I doubt (not impossible though).
How would one go about getting something like this tested?? Obviously if i ran it through a Marquis it would go straight to black, seems redundant. Is there some place that would actually analyze it so i could find out compound and purity?

Check out ecstasydata.org (it's in US, but they have test results from all over the world).

If you send a sample, let them know what you're looking for specifically.

There's every chance you have quality MDA (which is good). The part about lab notes you didn't see, alluding to a novel synth which produces S-MDA is.. improbable IMO (which is also good news as the racemate is where the action is).

As for the dose: ~80mg can feel as strong as 100+ of MDMA. If the product contained only the S isomer, it could be up to twice as strong as that. Also, MDA and MDMA may not be as cross-tolerant as you'd expect.

Do you actually mean 2,3-Methylenedioxyamphetamine (2,3-MDA) or ORTHO-MDA ? The really dark brown stuff made from from helional ?

Last edited:
Do you actually mean 2,3-Methylenedioxyamphetamine (2,3-MDA) or ORTHO-MDA ? The really dark brown stuff made from from helional ?

Why do you say helional leads to the 2,3 isomer Maddy?

ecstasydata.org only does GCMS testing. They are not going to be able to tell you anything about isomers or strength of your product.

ecstasydata.org only does GCMS testing. They are not going to be able to tell you anything about isomers or strength of your product.

"Whereas co-elution is common in GC, MS distinguishes closely related compounds, for example, structural isomers, on the basis of their fragmentation patterns. And while MS cannot tell mirror-image enantiomers and most diastereomers apart, GC columns can—in the case of enantiomers, with a chiral stationary phase. This is one reason why GC and MS are considered complementary techniques, and why their combination is so powerful."

No, this is MDA made from helional. It is white crystals with no smell, looks like what pure MDA looks like from pictures

I cant speak on the s isomer part, but this stuff is definitely like 97% MDA. My dumbass took 230mg yesterday, and it was way too much like almost an overdose. Caused me to get sick amd vomit at first, and it was like a lowkey uncomfortable psychedelic experience. Its definitely MDA though.

And it may be the s isomer, because that shit was so fucking strong. I still feel it in my body 24 hrs after dosing it, like an afterfeeling of just weirdness.

Last edited:
Just to say, Im not disputing it or suggesting that you do not have S isomer MDA, but I would suggest that 230 mg of racemic MDA would probably feel like an overdose depending on tolerance.

I mean its impossible for us to quantify, but Im sure it would equate to 300 to 333 mg of MDMA in terms of strength and dosage.

230 mg is probably an unnecessarily high dose of even racemic MDA.

Just to say, Im not disputing it or suggesting that you do not have S isomer MDA, but I would suggest that 230 mg of racemic MDA would probably feel like an overdose depending on tolerance.

I mean its impossible for us to quantify, but Im sure it would equate to 300 to 333 mg of MDMA in terms of strength and dosage.

230 mg is probably an unnecessarily high dose of even racemic MDA.
Yeah, youre right

It wasn’t pure S-isomer if you felt it in your body for 24 hours..

First off if the chemist wrote there was an “isomerization” then he’s full of shit. That’s not exactly how you make enatiometrically pure S-MDA.

Second, the S-isomer is actually shorter acting than the R-isomer. S-MDA is like a more intense MDMA with a slightly shorter duration than MDMA. It doesn’t have as much psychedelic activity, more of the stimulant/empathogen properties. Duration is usually 3-5 hours, whereas I’d say MDMA is 4-6.

The R-isomer is the long lasting part of the high and gives MDA it’s psychedelic twist. This is why MDA gets much trippier and less empathogenic as the high progresses. Duration is 8-24hours.

While I do feel that MDA varies in isomers, some batches bring much shorter acting while others much longer.. I can assure you in this case, you were told some bullshit.

Just sounds like really pure MDA to me. The dose you took was WAY too much. You need like 80-120mg for a full on experience even with seasoned mdma users.

Also EData will not test for enatiomers, we’ve yet to find a lab that will but if you do let us know.

-GC

Hey

I recently had a few experience with MDA, although I cant comment on the S Isomer part, I found that 150mg was my sweet spot, and like you I usually do around 230mg of MDMA a time

Just to mention, that whilst I know nothing of you or your MDA source, there has been a lot of dark web MDA floating about in Europe these past few years, which I highly suspect isn't in fact MDA at all, going by both wedinos/pillreports submissions and the trip reports on here (i.e requires higher doses & just doesn't sound like MDA at all).

I literally submitted a sample that I'd lost and found from 2015 for lab testing last week, and have never sampled it due to said loss and general suspicions. My guess is that it will be some kind of newer RC empathogen - perhaps MDAI, 6-apb, something like that. I highly doubt that this German MDA I bought is MDA at all, but if it is I'm in for a treat.

It seems from lab results that the USA/Canada has a much higher hit rate for MDA acquisition, whilst it's been mostly vacant from Europe for well over a decade. That said, there are also lab results/anecdotal reports from the USA/Canada whereby people received the same phen analogues that I suspect were sold as MDA in Europe.

I'll gladly post my lab results up when they come, but I'd suggest anybody else who receives MDA procures a lab test themself, then simply follows erowids MDA dosing schedule to their own flavour, assuming it's actually MDA.

Yeah no its not from the dark web. It's from this dude we know who supplies us with other stuff

^^^Ah much more reliable ;)

In reference to Tranced response, I believe this has to do with different synthesis routes being more commonly used in EU. It seems like ever since the drought, the EU has had almost no MDA.

Yet in my area MDA is extremely common and often cheaper than MDMA. All lab tests and reagent tests come back good.

If you live anywhere but the northern part of the US, I’d be highly suspect too and recommend a lab test.

-GC

a mix of mda and mdma is pretty nice to roll on. MDA is more potent in lower doses and the visuals are pretty cool after a night of rolling to drift off to