• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Russians allege 'hard drugs' found on Greenpeace ship

StoneHappyMonday

Bluelighter
'Hard Drugs' found on Greenpeace ship

Russian investigators say they have found what appear to be hard drugs on board the Greenpeace ship seized during a protest in the Arctic last month.

"During a search of the ship, drugs (apparently poppy straw and morphine) were confiscated," Russia's Investigative Committee said.

Poppy straw, or raw opium, can be used to produce morphine or heroin.

Greenpeace said in a statement that any suggestion of illegal drugs being found was a "smear".

jesus i would have thought saving the world would mean u get to have a puff on ur opium pipe at the end of a hard days work :(

What were they protesting?

The Netherlands has demanded the immediate release of the detainees, who are being held in the northern port of Murmansk pending trial, as well as the release of their the Dutch-flagged ship.

I can definitely see the Soviets shivering with primal fear over the demands of the Dutch.

what exactly is popy straw? is it the stems? i never really read much about it. morphine tho, yes please. ill take a kilo...no, 5 kilos.

Considering the Greenpeace activists must have been aware of the likelihood of being arrested, I am sceptical that these drugs were actually on the ship. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a plant to make the Russian police look better and the activists look worse.

what exactly is popy straw? is it the stems? i never really read much about it. morphine tho, yes please. ill take a kilo...no, 5 kilos.

Poppy straw is generally the top 5 inches of stem and the pod which contain the highest % of alkaloids, CPS or concentrated poppy straw is the next step in industrial extraction and what they use to produce codeine, thebaine and morphine for legal pharmaceuticals. It is used in countries where they don't harvest opium traditionally by hand.

Sounds like a Russian scam to me , but then again Murmansk is dodgy as fuck and a pretty big hub for all types of smuggling.

Most likely any narcotics were part of the ship's medical emergency supplies.
Not that the Russian authorities have a good record for releasing truthful information to the world media...or their own populous. Another government of eco-vandal thugs, headed by an ex-KGB oligarch.

Sounds like a Russian scam to me , but then again Murmansk is dodgy as fuck and a pretty big hub for all types of smuggling.

The Greenpeace ship had no intention of docking in Russia. It's only there because they all got arrested for piracy. Of course the drugs are a scam, medical supplies at most, planted by the KGB at worst.

im not a murmaid dad, im a murMANSK!!!

see the Soviets

1991 called.

On topic, I wouldn't exactly be amazed if it was bullshit, but then again... is it really a stretch to think they did have a small amount of shit? It'd likely be somebody's personal stash.

1991 called.

On topic, I wouldn't exactly be amazed if it was bullshit, but then again... is it really a stretch to think they did have a small amount of shit? It'd likely be somebody's personal stash.

First, apologies for my KGB reference, that was pretty remiss of me even if they are basically just dressed into another guise.

As for someone's personal stash...1) if you saw what these guys were up to, you'd think it unlikely any of them would want to be anything other than 100% straight to do the things they do. 2) if you read the article, Greenpeace note the ship was searched in Norway by some of the strictest customs people in the world and was given the all clear.

Poppy straw? Seriously? I reckon they Googled "drugs in Australia" and saw that Tasmania produces poppies for pharm companies and just made this shit up. Who the fuck would take Poppy Straw on a boat? Does that really make sense to anyone here?

Sonds like poppy cock to me, wait they are in Russia sounds like buliska dockz.