Ruptured quad tendon after first injection

od88

Greenlighter
I had been taking dianabol for 2 weeks. This was my first time taking steroids and was having great results, so I figured it wasn't too late to squeeze in a test-e cycle. Monday was my first IM injection (2ml of 250mg/ml). I should've pinned more to the side of my quad but everything seemed to go well. I went on the treadmill afterwards. Later that night, I started feeling a slightly painful sensation flooding to my knee area. Didn't wake up very sore, hobbled along fine and didn't think much of it. Later that day and all of Wednesday, I just stayed in bed because the pain was too excruciating. I've improved these past couple days, but I can barely even use crutches. From all the symptoms I've read, I'm confident I ruptured my tendon.

I've found information that steroid injections can cause ruptured tendons, but it seems that's only after long term use. Is it just a coincidence or could an injection cause this injury?

The injection site isn't sore, everything was sterilized and I didn't have any problems with that. The pain area (above my knee, 6 - 8 inches below injection site) is warm, doesn't look swollen, just feels very tender and inflamed. I never felt a tearing or heard anything, this just creeped up on me overnight basically. Thinking it's only a partial tear because I have some mobility, so I'm not too worried. However, I'm staying away from steroids until fully healed. Never injecting in my quad again, planning on doing 1ml twice a week in glutes.

I had been taking dianabol for 2 weeks. This was my first time taking steroids and was having great results, so I figured it wasn't too late to squeeze in a test-e cycle. Monday was my first IM injection (2ml of 250mg/ml). I should've pinned more to the side of my quad but everything seemed to go well. I went on the treadmill afterwards. Later that night, I started feeling a slightly painful sensation flooding to my knee area. Didn't wake up very sore, hobbled along fine and didn't think much of it. Later that day and all of Wednesday, I just stayed in bed because the pain was too excruciating. I've improved these past couple days, but I can barely even use crutches. From all the symptoms I've read, I'm confident I ruptured my tendon.

I've found information that steroid injections can cause ruptured tendons, but it seems that's only after long term use. Is it just a coincidence or could an injection cause this injury?

The injection site isn't sore, everything was sterilized and I didn't have any problems with that. The pain area (above my knee, 6 - 8 inches below injection site) is warm, doesn't look swollen, just feels very tender and inflamed. I never felt a tearing or heard anything, this just creeped up on me overnight basically. Thinking it's only a partial tear because I have some mobility, so I'm not too worried. However, I'm staying away from steroids until fully healed. Never injecting in my quad again, planning on doing 1ml twice a week in glutes.

Having previously ruptured both patella tendons, twice... If you had ruptured a tendon, you would certainly know about it, also you would have felt it tear or detach from the bone..

Long term steroid use can affect tendon integrity, it doesn't happen the same day as you inject...Don't worry, it might just be a bad inflammatory reaction to the injection..!!

Having previously ruptured both patella tendons, twice... If you had ruptured a tendon, you would certainly know about it, also you would have felt it tear or detach from the bone..

Long term steroid use can affect tendon integrity, it doesn't happen the same day as you inject...Don't worry, it might just be a bad inflammatory reaction to the injection..!!

Thanks very much. I thought for sure I did some major damage to the tendon, but it just didn't add up. I hope it's a bad reaction, day 5 and it feels like I won't be able to walk for weeks. Keeping my cool about it, glad to hear it's nothing caused by a single injection.

Thanks very much. I thought for sure I did some major damage to the tendon, but it just didn't add up. I hope it's a bad reaction, day 5 and it feels like I won't be able to walk for weeks. Keeping my cool about it, glad to hear it's nothing caused by a single injection.

5-6 days is the longest time I've suffered from a bad injection, it can be a one off, or it could be poorly manufactured, only time will tell....

Keep us informed of your progress...

I should've waited before posting, woke up today feeling much better. First time in almost a week I could lift my leg straight. Very relieved surgery isn't necessary. Started walking around a little without crutches, and of course the pain started coming back. Probably will be a few more days, but damn what an experience. Thanks again, it was almost immediate relief when I started thinking along the lines of an inflammation response.

Ouch ouch ouch GF!!! That's quite a nightmare! Did you have surgery and recover ok?

Yeh... It was kinda painful ..lol ... Just learned to walk again after first surgery, and Hospital gave me wrongly fitting leg-callipers, they gave way and tendons ripped off both patellas again.... Hella pissed off... Ended up in a wheelchair with both legs in casts... Took about 18 months to fully recover....

Yeh... It was kinda painful ..lol ... Just learned to walk again after first surgery, and Hospital gave me wrongly fitting leg-callipers, they gave way and tendons ripped off both patellas again.... Hella pissed off... Ended up in a wheelchair with both legs in casts... Took about 18 months to fully recover....

Eeeegh.. How did you do it? Was it from squatting back in your PL days? Are you able to do much leg work anymore?

I should've waited before posting, woke up today feeling much better. First time in almost a week I could lift my leg straight. Very relieved surgery isn't necessary. Started walking around a little without crutches, and of course the pain started coming back. Probably will be a few more days, but damn what an experience. Thanks again, it was almost immediate relief when I started thinking along the lines of an inflammation response.

Glad to hear your symptoms have resolved.. Like I stated previously it could be a one-off reaction, or your gear could have high BA content...

Injected 1ml in my glute yesterday, had some soreness around the injection site but nothing to complain about. Barely any pain after waking up. Shot another 1ml in my other glute today and not feeling anything yet. Next week I'll probably do the full dose in one glute. Not sure what the problem was, but I'm sure as hell staying away from the quads.