Running Slow

doctorS

Greenlighter
Whatsup y?all.

its come to my attention in the last week or two that my cognitive functioning s at a 6 month low. My flow when writing is compromised as well as my conversational fluidity, in terms of being able to quickly articulate my thoughts and/or feelings. I?m trying to pin down what exactly led to this State, in order to avoid it for the future. As of now I?ve got three theories:

1. I took a ~120 mg Molly two and a half weeks ago. I had a nice roll but not a euphoric one. About my 10th time taking Molly and it remains pretty low on my list due to the fact that I just never seem to get the euphoria. Theory 1 is that the Molly I took and it?s neurotoxicity drained my brain pretty good and I just need some time to recalibrate. I did take 5-HTP for theee days after.

2. I took 150 mg DXM once every week for 3 weeks steaight, overlapping with the Molly week by a week (I took the last dxm dose a week after the Molly). Didn?t experience any negative side effects while on it. Was 3 weeks in a row of such a bare minimum dose enough to impose this fried state?

3. Over the past month and a half I?ve taken a little less than a half zip of mushrooms through a combination of small ?trips? (.5-1.5 grams) and one or two big trips (3-4 grams). Mostly it?s been those minor doses, spaced out by 3-4 days. A few occasions I tripped two days in a row, something like 1 g the first day and 2 the second.

the other remote possibility is that the Chinese herb I was taking for my sinus congestion (GUI Pi Cang Er San) causes some mild stimulatory effects which resulted in this cognitive decline. I stopped all of the above substances including this herb.

What do you all think? I?m leaning towards the Molly but it could be any of them... anybody experience this type of cognitive deficiency as a result of overuse of seretonergic substances before?

Our cognitive skills tend to fluctuate from time to time and I would only be panicking if my cognitive abilities would detoriate for months.

like mrroot suggests it could simply be part of normal fluctuations

you say you've rolled 10 times? how long are you waiting in between doses? ideally you should wait a month or 2, less than that and it can take longer to recover and make the post-roll apathy and depression worse after each dose.

it sounds like you've been going pretty heavy on the serotonin system tho. take a break for at least a month to give your receptors a chance to recover and upregulate and then see how you feel.

Thanks for replies y’all. Yeah I’m already feeling much more together today lol so this may seem a little boy who cried wolf type of situation... but yeah, I’m prone to mini freak outs where I ascribe any cognitive issues I’m having to whatever drugs I’ve done lately when I’m fact it might have just been a slow day for my brain in general haha. I’ve never rolled more than once in a two month period so I don’t think it would have been frequency of rolls if it were the Molly but more like just a potential one time case of heightened neurotoxicity. The fact that I’m feeling much more mentally acute today leads me to believe that it was probably a combination of all of them and that putting some time between me and my last major dose is probably working in my favor.

do you all think that 3 minor DXM doses like that in a month have the potential to induce the type of cognitive impairments I was experiencing on their own, albeit temporarily? I know the hype about Olney’s lesions has worn away for the most part but from my understanding the substance is still considered pretty high up on the list of neurotoxic psychs/disocciatives.