• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Running out of Oxy tomorrow, too much on my plate for withdrawals. Can anyone help?

pocketsevens

Bluelighter
The title says it all. After 4 months of being on 30-40mg of Oxy each day, I ended up taking too much this month and I'm running out early. My script will be ready to be refilled next Wednesday but honestly I'm tired of this. Tired of the temptation to take more than I should, of never feeling high enough, always knowing I'm going to run out early...

I only have 3 left which I know I will be taking tomorrow. With the frequency I've been taking them I anticipate withdrawals will start tomorrow night. Does anyone know any way to ease the withdrawals? I'm working full time AND going to school 12 credits. The stress is the main reason I got hooked in the first place. I can't afford to lose my job and if I do bad in school I'll lose my dreams which are the only thing that motivates me to stay clean..

I bought a 5 pound bag of unwashed poppy seeds in hopes that poppy seed tea will help. Does anyone know if PST can help ward off the withdrawals? Will it help me taper down, or am I just pushing off the inevitable?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Wish me luck, I need it.

Poppy seed tea will do you good. Start with a quarter to half lb and do not exceed one if they are potent or two if they are weak like bobs red mill. It won't help you taper down, but you can prevent w/d till you refill. Use a 2 liter soda bottle, fill with seeds, cover seeds with water so there is a little layer once all the water is drained into the seeds, shake repeatedly as it soaks at least thirty minutes, unscrew the cap a bit so water leaks when turned upsidedown if you hold it on without seeds coming out or the cap falling off, and the end results should be a strong cup of tea while you can do another two good washes. I recommend the second and third wash you get done in an hour each maximum while you can try for a forth although by then I recommend throwing it in the fridge before it starts fermenting and becoming bubbly and sour. I honestly found a half pound to pound to wash best while any more leads to a lot that doesn't get collected while the cup was not all that much stronger. Put the tea into a water bottle and shake it before sipping throughout the day as the tea is likely morphine base leading to a more sedating effect vs the alert effect you're used to so drinking a whole cup might end up with you nodding if it is too strong. Be careful to as people have overdosed with PST. Also be aware it can be much longer lasting, raise your tolerance, and lead to drawn out withdrawals so do not go overboard and get high, but just maintain.

Kratom is also another opiate option..... Maybe kratom in the day and poppy seed tea for bed?

PST will deffinately get rid of withdrawl for you, shit you will probably catch a buzz. You can taper with it but i see it more of a "maintainence" use than taper. Are you trying to get off the oxy for good or just trying ti make it till your next script and push off the detox until a better time in life?

Oh ya got some good seeds yr ok, what ya freaking out about? But for the future Loperamide aka anti-diahreah medicine really helps at higher doses, like take 30-40 of them(just dont get gel caps..)

PST will help and like some have said you may get a buzz depending on quality. Lyrica will help you too if you can get it. Test your PST might be best to just use enough so ur comfy to get you through till your script but yes NOW is the time to cut back and get away from that shit, take care.

Thanks guys, the thing is I'm not sure if my seeds are good quality or not. I've made PST before with a different vendor and it was okay, enough to help with sleep, but definitely never made me feel good like Oxy.

DoesntLearn, I would say for now I'm just trying to push off withdrawals, but since I have to go a week without Oxy anyways, why not use this time to try to quit?

What is the best way to quit Oxy anyway? Does tapering down even help or does it just prolong the pain?

poppy seed/pod tea and kratom are two things that will greatly ease your withdrawal symptoms. search the bluelight forums , its full of info on kratom + opiate w/d. just my $.02!

Oh ya got some good seeds yr ok, what ya freaking out about? But for the future Loperamide aka anti-diahreah medicine really helps at higher doses, like take 30-40 of them(just dont get gel caps..)
This advice is why people start getting hooked on high dose lope and dying from QT prolongation leading to heart rythem disruption leading to death in healthy people.

Do not use lope especially in high doses.... Only use it to stop the runs as it should be used.

I was at 40 mg oxys for 5 years and used lope and it helped immensely but I only used 16 mgs. I think mega dosing is where the danger ls and don't know why you'd need 60-80 mg it's a bit of overkill for your habit.I liked the lope because it (at least in doses I took) never produced any euphoria and I wasn't tempted to do more, can't say the same about pst and kratom. Now saying that it won't take away all symptoms like lethargy,some insomnia, or anxiety but worked wonders for RLS,leaky eyes,crawling skin, and of course the runs.But high dose lope is dangerous and insane and not a road I'd travel down!!!
I'd recommend doing either a benzo or as I used soma with the lop because they helped with anxiety and insomnia!

I don't deny lope can help and all the power to you for getting clean with it.... I just think it should stop being recommend as experience and studies are showing the risks outweigh the minor benifit that copious amounts of cannibis and light benzos at the worst can help get through the temp issue.... That said I recognize some things are harder to obtain, which is why PST used sparingly responsibly and light dose DXM is a really available solution at many grocery stores especially more organic focused stores.

I know with high dose lopermide over extended periods there have been cardiac problems(scary shit) and I'm in no way suggesting mega dosing,I feel it's unnecessary and irresponsible. I just feel that using meds or treatments such as PST or Kratom that produce euphoria can make it tough for an opiate addicted person to resist temptation and not over do it,at least IME! Yes if used responsibly these treatments can be effective but how many of us in addiction can be responsible? I could never taper myself and maybe it's just me but that's why I liked the lope because there is no urge to bump it up because it doesn't get you high(despite some trip reports). The doses I suggest I have never read one report of adverse reactions,all the ones I've seen are from people taking 60 mgs or more for an extended amount of time.
Just to add if lope can actually get people high I very seriously doubt it would with someone that isn't opiate naïve.Also I'm not dismissing your advice tacodude you could very well be correct but I wanted to clarify my position!!

I only asked if you were waiting until a better time because of the fact you have a lot going on right now and even said you have too much on your plate for withdrawls and no matter what you will end up with some form of withdrawl and PAWS. If you want to take this week to straight up quit then set your mind to it and go for it! There is no shame in just pushing back the WD for now though and waiting until you have less stress in your life and whatnot to completely quit though. It is all up to you in that aspect and what you are ready/prepared for. If you feel its time to quit and really want that well then go for it!

If you want to quit, i do suggest tapering somewhat then maybe switch to using kratom or something else for a FEW DAYS ONLY just to ease the withdrawl a little bit before jumping off completely. That way you wont end up with a new addiction and the withdrawl effects from the oxy wont be AS BAD as if you just jumped off and went CT from the start. However whatever you switch to after tapering a little with the oxy, remember to only go a few days to maybe a week and then hop off CT. It is better to ease the withdrawl and just go CT from a short acting opiate rather than end up using something else for awhile and having to end up jumping off and going CT from a long acting opiate.

I am a little scatter brained and tired at the moment so my post might be confusing or repetitive or just rambling so if you have any questions just pm me or something.

No matter what you decide i wish you luck! Withdrawl sucks but you CAN beat it!

Did you say your daily habit is 30 to 40mg of oxy? 4-6mg of lope in the morning and 4mg at night for a few days and you won't feel much of anything physically.

Did you say your daily habit is 30 to 40mg of oxy? 4-6mg of lope in the morning and 4mg at night for a few days and you won't feel much of anything physically.
Best lope dosing advice ever even though I highly suggest not using lope for w/d due to at prolongation issues with long term and or high dosing. Just be aware.