• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Running away from my court order

kuny67

Greenlighter
So I have had a second court order for six months. I’m not taking this shit anymore. I am going to live on the streets so that when the police come to my house they won’t find me. I have a false name of a friend prepared for when the police find me on the streets. Don’t know if this will work but I have $17000 saved up in the bank. They are about to switch my medication to invega and that is the devils drug. Im gonna run away. I’m not gonna take anymore of the mental health tribunals shit.

Can I ask what grounds they have to lock you up on? Do you have a lawyer? Are you in drug court?

It may seem like a good idea now but sometimes you can’t run away from things.

I’ve considered going on the run but I opted to do my sentence. Was 8 months got out in 5 was supposed to be 2 years.

Being wanted simply isolated you from your loved ones and causes you to live in constant fear. Don’t give them that satisfaction, stand 10 toes down and handle this shit.

Can I ask what grounds they have to lock you up on? Do you have a lawyer? Are you in drug court?

It may seem like a good idea now but sometimes you can’t run away from things.

I’ve considered going on the run but I opted to do my sentence. Was 8 months got out in 5 was supposed to be 2 years.

Being wanted simply isolated you from your loved ones and causes you to live in constant fear. Don’t give them that satisfaction, stand 10 toes down and handle this shit.
Perfect advice

Depending on what you are accused for and where, maybe you could try to get a therapy instead of jail and if this "succeeds", the sentence will be replaced by probation. Around here (Western Europe) it's afaik possible for sentences up to 1 year, sometimes more when it is an addiction related crime.

I know in some cases court can decide about medicine but that is utter bullshit and should be possible to avoid / changed to something more humane than invega. Second the questions of OpiateKiller, did you have a lawyer / try to get one paid, and did he attack the case and medicine?

I didn't have jail sentence yet but lived for 18 months with the fear of having to go for 9+ months. Now it's there again, am on probation and they say I damaged some glass in a train. Doc wants antipsychotic, but told them (more or less truthfully) that I have had pardox reactions to a bunch of them, dysphoria and anhedonia (heavy restlessness), from one even acoustic hallucinations and panic so he tried a lighter one, cariprazine which I don't feel much from but is also open to that methadone stabilizes me much more than these antipsychotics and if I prove to be stable now, he might argument to have me on it instead..

Running really seems like a good option yet usually it's not - you'd have to hide not only for the sentence's length but for 7 years or so, until your case hits limitation. You'd need a good fake ID and all for this, and specially nerves made out of steel ... I developed psychosis, real psychosis with hallucinations for the first time in my life, when I was travelling across Germany aiming for the border when I was thinking of being hunted by police (which wasn't true probably, as it was non-violent and not yet sentenced). You are not me of course, some people survive the street and pressure for long time but on the other hand, many people will face the sentence sooner or later.

... and, as has been said, if you go by yourself, you probably won't have to sit the whole time, but if they need to hunt you, things will be worse. Also depending on your location and other factors, probably jail itself is less horrible than detention. In jail people can (need to) work, do sports, talk with other inmates etc. - my absolute horror is isolation, followed by violence.

OT: Anybody knowing from first- or second hand how it really is in prison? Do you really need to be physically strong and 'prove' yourself or are under pressure/beaten by the bosses in there? Or depends on which section you're in. Would hope that these having 'only' some months to 1-2 years just want to go through their time and avoid additional problems..

Last edited:
I've been on the run a couple times one time for a few years and I moved to another state and avoided authorities for a couple years, so it is possible. Other time they got me pretty fast cuz I attempted to remain in the same county and I ended up going away for five years that time and it sucked majorly. If you can get away i say go for it, fuck the police. Recently the police tried to arrest me in the hood while I was copping 70 bags of Heroin and some Crack. I ran full speed when the pulled up to jump out on me and I dipped thru alleyways and went full speed on adrenaline...I got away. Would have been seriously fucked if they found all those drugs on me with my record. Easily would have gotten another bid for five to eight.

Depending on what you are accused for and where, maybe you could try to get a therapy instead of jail and if this "succeeds", the sentence will be replaced by probation. Around here (Western Europe) it's afaik possible for sentences up to 1 year, sometimes more when it is an addiction related crime.

I know in some cases court can decide about medicine but that is utter bullshit and should be possible to avoid / changed to something more humane than invega. Second the questions of OpiateKiller, did you have a lawyer / try to get one paid, and did he attack the case and medicine?

I didn't have jail sentence yet but lived for 18 months with the fear of having to go for 9+ months. Now it's there again, am on probation and they say I damaged some glass in a train. Doc wants antipsychotic, but told them (more or less truthfully) that I have had pardox reactions to a bunch of them, dysphoria and anhedonia (heavy restlessness), from one even acoustic hallucinations and panic so he tried a lighter one, cariprazine which I don't feel much from but is also open to that methadone stabilizes me much more than these antipsychotics and if I prove to be stable now, he might argument to have me on it instead..

Running really seems like a good option yet usually it's not - you'd have to hide not only for the sentence's length but for 7 years or so, until your case hits limitation. You'd need a good fake ID and all for this, and specially nerves made out of steel ... I developed psychosis, real psychosis with hallucinations for the first time in my life, when I was travelling across Germany aiming for the border when I was thinking of being hunted by police (which wasn't true probably, as it was non-violent and not yet sentenced). You are not me of course, some people survive the street and pressure for long time but on the other hand, many people will face the sentence sooner or later.

... and, as has been said, if you go by yourself, you probably won't have to sit the whole time, but if they need to hunt you, things will be worse. Also depending on your location and other factors, probably jail itself is less horrible than detention. In jail people can (need to) work, do sports, talk with other inmates etc. - my absolute horror is isolation, followed by violence.

OT: Anybody knowing from first- or second hand how it really is in prison? Do you really need to be physically strong and 'prove' yourself or are under pressure/beaten by the bosses in there? Or depends on which section you're in. Would hope that these having 'only' some months to 1-2 years just want to go through their time and avoid additional problems..
Never been to prison only jail for a couple nights...but I think the prison YouTube channels are interesting, Florida seems to be one of the worst places next to Cali or places racially segregated. While other places seem to be a breeze

Never been to prison only jail for a couple nights...but I think the prison YouTube channels are interesting, Florida seems to be one of the worst places next to Cali or places racially segregated. While other places seem to be a breeze

500x_norway1.jpg

Norway has some interesting ideas which seem to work. "I toured prisons around the world — and the system that seems the most relaxed is also one that works"

Always wondered why prisons strictly separate men and women - of course it seems to be obvious, much more men* and risk of assaults but psychiatry is mixed (at least here in Western Europe), afaik even these places where the severely ill** sentenced are being kept for years. Don't know how women feel about this but for me I'd imagine things being more relaxed as long as you separate sociopaths from the rest..

* sexism. A chief judge of Switzerland openly admitted that for girls, they take the sentence and divide it 2/3. Also Israel's the only country where both sexes need to go into obligatory military. </off topic>
** apparently it doesn't take much to end up there. I knew somebody who should serve 6 months for negligent fire raising by dropping a joint, nobody was hurt but if people were in that barn, they might have been. Something escalated, she got attacked or freaked out, and was directly admitted to forensic psychiatry where they fixated her for the first weeks(!), all the common ward stuff but when I met her at integration work it was her first non-accommodated exit from the clinic, after 5 years. Worked with her for several weeks, she made absolutely no aggressive or freaky / psychotic impression - of course this would have been the intent of psych care but after all I believed her more than the papers.

Last edited:
OP I think you're making a huge mistake. Your running away from the "mental health tribunal"? What do you even mean? Are they going to put you in a psych ward? Why are you even running?

$17k isn't going to last you very long on the streets, nobody is going to give you under the table work, fake IDs from the DNM are trash and you'll probably just end up a prostitute and get busted a few months later anyways.... just thinking up likely scenarios here...

I did what you're planning to do and lasted about 10 days.

OP that $17 grand you have saved up ought to be way more than enough to get a lawyer smart enough to get a more satisfactory outcome for you than Invega shots. It would be a better investment than spending it on cheap motels, fast food and shitty street drugs while you are on the run for 7 years.

I guess the question is whether you acknowledge that you have any issues that require professional psychiatric treatment. If you do accept that then you and the court have a meeting place around which your cunning lawyer can begin to negotiate something that both works for you and meets the standards of the court. But if your position is you don’t need help and fuck the court and all it stands for then it’ll likely be the streets for a while and then some kind of institution as your circumstances deteriorate and you get pushed into crime or actual mental health issues caused by your stressful and precarious situation.

I’m pretty anti-authoritarian but when it comes to fighting the system I reckon the best you can ever do is politely and respectfully negotiate things where they give you half a chance to be heard. And you are always heard more clearly when you have a professional negotiator like a lawyer doing the talking for you.

in all honesty, I've been on the run from mental health court since 2010?
i haven't been back home since.. just because there is a possibility that i would get picked up.
moved out of state, and was so worried that they would lock me up when i went to get a drivers license, but nope.
i don't worry much about it today, since i don't really bother wanting to go back where i am from.

depending on what your charges are, (for me it was pos of drugys and paraph).
it is possible, but sucks living worrying with fear for the first couple of years.

So I have had a second court order for six months. I’m not taking this shit anymore. I am going to live on the streets so that when the police come to my house they won’t find me. I have a false name of a friend prepared for when the police find me on the streets. Don’t know if this will work but I have $17000 saved up in the bank. They are about to switch my medication to invega and that is the devils drug. Im gonna run away. I’m not gonna take anymore of the mental health tribunals shit.
My court order is for mental health treatment not for breaking the law LOL

Ok that's different. I know too little about the system in the US but if it's similar to here then it sucks hard but is also easier to circumvent or fight. Without a sentence they should have a hard time to order forced medication, don't they?

You can fight this in court too, and if you can offer them some perspective chances shouldnt be top bad.

But giving advice is hard without knowing what happened.

Unless you are deemed a danger to yourself or others you have a solid defence. Use your money for a good lawyer as has already been suggested.

Why run? It's not going to make it go away, and will catch up with you. Sounds like you don't have anything to loose if you're willing to voluntarily go homeless, so why not just turn yourself in?