• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

RSO Oil and Opiate withdrawal

Opiacrohns

Greenlighter
I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong place or a repeated question. I tried to UTFSE but didn't have any luck.
Has anyone ever jumped off high dose opiates and used THC Oil to get rid of WD's?
Recent observation has been amazing. Just passed 80hrs and almost no WD's. Felt a little bad around the 40hr mark. Twitchy arms and legs. Didn't hurt but just couldn't hold still. Took a Lyrica and gone. Haven't missed any work. Jumped from a very nasty habit over a long period of time.
My question is how is this possible?

Last edited:
For HR & recovery info, please inform us: opioid(s) used, length of time, dosages and any other meds you take. Still taking Lyrica? When did you start the Lyrica? I think that may be a factor. Type (brand if possible) of cannabis product (extraction process, form of final product - liquid oil?), purported potency, your daily intake and method of intake.

Thank you for sharing this experience. It may help others. Perhaps mods would see fit to copy/move this to OD if the thread gets more info from OP?

Happy to inform and if needed have the thread moved.
1. 250-300mg oxy a day. 100mg/3xday. Been addicted over five years. 33 years old. No other meds taken except ibuprofen for headache.

2. Took 300mg Lyrica around hour 40 due to wierd restless feeling mainly in left arm and a little in legs. Didn't hurt. Just felt like what I imagine RLS to be. Never taken Lyrica before that time. Haven't taken Lyrica since.

3. I used a qp of indica to make my oil. I also added in a bunch of stems from what I use to smoke. I used 99% ISO for my solvent. Filtered, boiled down in rice cooker and finished in oven @ 250F for 90 mins to decarb. Got about 20g from that.
I take about a 1/3G weighed on a digital scale in cellulose caps you can by online. I take 1/3G twice a day and 1/2g at night for sleep.
No idea on potency. It was medical grade high quality flower to start though.

I'm happy to answer any other questions. I hope that was enough info to get a conversation started. I am amazed. I've never kicked successfully before this. Always gave in after a few days due to pain from my autoimmune disease. Expected WD's again but as I keep saying I'm doing great. Didn't miss a single shift of work and even amazed a good mood at work.

Please anyone interested, wether here or in OD please respond or have Mods move to the correct forum. Thank you in advance.

Opiachrons

Thanks! That's quite a habit to come off! Amazing that you've had such a good experience using cannabis. In part i ask b/c I'm prescribed, and so dependent on bupe.

Sound like it was indeed the cannabis that helped so much.

Just one thing - did you drive off (boil) essentially pure isopropyl alcohol? I hope you did this outside away from flame or spark. Wouldn't want you to get hurt / start a fire.

Thanks again for the info!

I used a rice cooker outdoors with a fan blowing on it to boil off the solvent. I used the exact method from the Pheonix Tears site.

I have kicked in the past from lower doses and not had the success that I've had this time. I would really like to know if anyone else has had success with this. Maybe someone can get a mod to move this thread to a different forum?

There's mega thread on opioid withdrawals in the Other Drugs (OD) forum. Or start a new thread over in OD.

Thanks again, and glad you were safe with the iso.

I had success getting off a much lower dose of oxycodone using RSO. I take it multiple times daily for my Crohn's (not diagnosed but severe stomach issues).

What solvent did you use to make it? If you used naphtha, I recommend using everclear next time. But other than that, congratulations on taking control of your health!

The OP used isopropyl alcohol, the same solvent used in many analytical testing procedures to extract cannabis and terpenes. It's an effective, relatively safe solvent with a low b.p. Ethanol is fine, but getting 99% pure ethanol that isn't de-natured is very difficult if not impossible. Iso is the way to go.

The OP used isopropyl alcohol, the same solvent used in many analytical testing procedures to extract cannabis and terpenes. It's an effective, relatively safe solvent with a low b.p. Ethanol is fine, but getting 99% pure ethanol that isn't de-natured is very difficult if not impossible. Iso is the way to go.

How do you know what the OP used?

Please don't recommend using isopropyl to make RSO, it's not safe. In the U.S., ISO has de-natured alcohol added.

Pure drinking ethanol NEVER has de-natured alcohol added. Please do not spread misinformation.