• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Roxys - How do I get the most out of them?

Bett

Greenlighter
Hey everyone!

Background: I abuse pain meds, but rarely get my hands on Oxy (my drug of choice). Back when I used to take Rx Percs (10/325), the most I ever too was 3.5 at once (35 mgs of oxy). Now I settle for Tramadol and try to abstain, then only use it once per week. I've got a very high tolerance and usually take between 800-1100mgs in one day. About every two months, I'll order and take about 30 Tapentadol (Nucynta) over the course of 1-2 weeks. I last did that about 2 weeks ago.

So ... I just received 8 Roxy's and I was so excited to finally have Oxy again (it's been at least 9 months since I had any). I figured my tolerance would be low, so I started with half (15mg) but barely felt anything. An hour later, I snorted the other half. Still, hardly any buzz at all. I consumed little food and combined them with some caffeine and grapefruit, but couldn't believe how minor the effects were. Hours later, I tried swallowing a whole Roxy. Again, hardly any effect! So I snorted another half of one and was disappointed the rest of the evening when that warm body buzz never took over me.

I believe these are the real deal (trust the source), but I guess my tolerance from abusing the Tramadol and Tapentadol is negatively affecting my high from the Roxys?

So ... Please offer me some advice how to get the most out of these Roxys. I'm down to 5.5 and I don't want to waste them. Thank you!!!!!!

This looks like a text book case of tolerance. All we can do is assume that the drugs you have acquired are of a legitimate quality and purity, but neither you nor I will ever know. Try escalating your dose to a reasonable extent and let us know how that works for you.

Are you sure they are "real" roxys?? I would think after 9 months going without them, you would feel AMAZING very shortly afterwards!! Just to share a personal story, I get the 10mgs by prescription, but at times I get my hands on some of the 30's, and it's the best thing ever!! So, I think that's very interesting about your story. I'm in my glory when I do the 30s after not having them for even just a few months (at times).

There's a way to tell if they are fake.......take a cigarette lighter, and light the very tip of one. After it turns black, scratch/rub the area, and if it "breaks" off, it's fake. Only the area that is black should just come off very lightly when u rub it (then they real)!

Last edited:
IME having Tramadol in your system can kinda mess with the effects of oxy and hydrocodone. Sort of weakens them for me. Maybe try two Roxi 30s if your sure your tolerance can handle it.

BTW you're taking a mega high dose of tram. Be careful as it raises the chance of seizure significantly and I've heard of someone on here seizing from just 500-600mg so be careful.

EDIT: Oh and BTW just to satisfy my personal curiosity (don't worry Kitty this won't turn into generic brand discussion, I hope) what brand are the Roxis?

Last edited:
Thanks Johndoedoe.junk. I had taken my weekly Trams on Saturday, so I had what I call my "Tramadol hangover" on Sunday. I took two just to feel better, then after little sleep Sunday night, I took one Tram on Monday morning. Then my package of Roxy's arrived and I took half. I am now completely convinced that the one Tram in my system lessened the effects of the Roxy's yesterday. Today, after reading some other threads about potentiation, I tried some tonic water and a diet red bull, then swallowed a full roxy. It was totally different from yesterday!

Thank you also for the caution regarding the Tramadol. I do always worry ... But I always take a klonopin which is supposed to lessen the seizure risk. I'd like to stop using them altogether because they just aren't that enjoyable ... But they are cheap and easy to obtain. If I could afford Roxys, I'd be having a lot more fun!!!

brand: a few had that "v" logo ( I think it's Qualitest?) and a few said A 215, so I think that's Activis. Then one has an 8 on one side and an epsilon symbol on the other side of the score line (both on front, nothing on back). Pretty sure they are legitimate. Paid a fortune.

Thanks Johndoedoe.junk. I had taken my weekly Trams on Saturday, so I had what I call my "Tramadol hangover" on Sunday. I took two just to feel better, then after little sleep Sunday night, I took one Tram on Monday morning. Then my package of Roxy's arrived and I took half. I am now completely convinced that the one Tram in my system lessened the effects of the Roxy's yesterday. Today, after reading some other threads about potentiation, I tried some tonic water and a diet red bull, then swallowed a full roxy. It was totally different from yesterday!

Thank you also for the caution regarding the Tramadol. I do always worry ... But I always take a klonopin which is supposed to lessen the seizure risk. I'd like to stop using them altogether because they just aren't that enjoyable ... But they are cheap and easy to obtain. If I could afford Roxys, I'd be having a lot more fun!!!

brand: a few had that "v" logo ( I think it's Qualitest?) and a few said A 215, so I think that's Activis. Then one has an 8 on one side and an epsilon symbol on the other side of the score line (both on front, nothing on back). Pretty sure they are legitimate. Paid a fortune.

I had the opposite effect, I took 150 mg of tramadol in the early afternoon and about four hours later took my prescribed Roxies about 25 to 30 mg and it seems that the tramadol really potentiated the Roxies I guess everybody's different . Tramadol tolerance builds for me within three days and I try not to go over 300 to 400 mg daily.

Hey no problem Bett, glad to be of some help. Yeah I've had all three of those brands you mentioned and they're all good. Yeah I just mention the caution on the Trams cause I remember one guy who was a regular user had posted a thread that he had a grand mal from just 600mg so I wouldn't want to see that happen to you.

Yeah, klonopin is a good anticonvulsant so it's good you have that to at least offset the seizure threshold a bit. I've never had a seizure myself but don't imagine it's a pleasant experience.

All I have to say is, TOLERANCE SUCKS! Lol

I assumed that since Tramadol and Tapentadol are synthetics, my body would react differently to them vs. a traditional opioid (Roxy's). Guess I had to learn that the hard way (feel like I wasted a lot of money on Roxy's that weren't very effective). The 8 Roxys weren't nearly as fabulous as I had hoped and I know it's all due to tolerance after taking too much Tramadol/Tapentadol over the last year. I haven't had any oxy for 9 months so I assumed I wouldn't have any tolerance to that drug. Wrong.

On Saturday, I took 80mgs of DXM, ate a grapefruit, drank tonic water (with quinine), then took my last 1.5 Roxy's with caffeine and waited to feel amazing. 45mgs of oxy, and my high was so minimal it was pathetic. I was very disappointed. I guess we all wish we could go back to the first time we abused oxy and felt amazing.

Time to go on a drug hiatus for a while. I was proud of myself for not taking my once-a-week Tramadol over the weekend, so I'll try to go as long as I can without that. I'd like to try the Roxy's again once I get the tolerance under control ... Anyone have advice as to how long that would take? I know, the longer the better. But is it possible in a month, or do you have to wait several months?

Thanks to everyone. It's nice to know I'm not alone and I appreciate everyone's input.

As far as how long to wait to see a noticeable drop in tolerance I'd say at least six months if not longer. The brain remembers.

Well that's certainly not what I wanted to hear, lol! I think one side of my brain is trying to get me to stop altogether ... If only the other side would cooperate! Thanks for your input.

Yeah, sorry that wasn't what you wanted to hear but unfortunately it's the sad truth. Seemingly with opioids in particular the brain just seems to remember and latch on to that good old tolerance. It's a bitch, I know. Then even after a good long break you'll likely find that your tolerance will quickly escalate to your old max if you ramp back up to your old dosages.

In short tolerance is a motherfucker and oh if only it didn't exist. It would be wonderful to take the same dose forever and always achieve the same effects. Unfortunately our good old brain is good at adapting, requiring us to have to escalate to maintain. A good PM doc will understand this and prescribe accordingly but unfortunately docs like that seem to be few far and in between.