• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Route of Administration question

That does nothing for fibromyalgia imho.
Tell me about it i looked up what pregabalin good for and fibamyalgia came up i went there told him it even tried doctor i dont want nothing full time just something to help with paIN ibuprofen the cunt . Only thing i ever got decent out of him was zoplicone and that only for a month where are the good pregabalin and valium precribing doctors gone

It works a bit differently. Bioavailability (here 90% for oral) is how much of substance enters your bloodstream. With IV it's always 100%. This now passes the liver (what snorting circumvents) where some drugs are being metabolized (enzymatically transformed into another molecule, active or inactive) and then stuff reaches the brain. Then again liver, next part gets metabolized etc until down to zero. Drugs don't get used up by the body, they act rather like keys in a lock.

This is the usual case. Now with pregabalin only 3% getting metabolized means more of it stays around for longer and can occupy more receptors - this is part of why pregab is more potent than gabapentin. Other is it gets actively transported over the blood brain barrier by some pump.

How the body excrets stuff is another chapter I still have to learn.

But with pregabalin you get no real plus by using other RoA's. With e.g. morphine (poor bioavailability) or ketamine (pronounced first pass = metabolized before reaching the 🧠 ) things are different.

Right, thanks for clarifying it. So I guess it very much depends on the drug - some you want to circumvent the liver, and some you don't?

With Pregabalin, 97% doesn't get metabolised by the liver, so it goes into the bloodstream and passes the blood-brain barrier - is that correct? So oral route is best for Preg.

I tried sublingual and.....well it didn't really work 😳 Having an empty stomach may make Preg absorb into the bloodstream faster perhaps?

Would benzodiazepines work better taken sublingually?

some you want to circumvent the liver, and some you don't?
Yeah. For most drugs you want no first pass, so more active drug whike prodrugs like codeine or tramadol make the odds where an intensive first pass gives more effects.

So oral route is best for Preg.
Usually oral has the lowest BA, so if oral is good any route will do but no need for the hassle.

tried sublingual and.....well it didn't really work 😳
That's weird. How much did you use?

Having an empty stomach may make Preg absorb into the bloodstream faster perhaps?
Full stomach slows down the absorption, yes.

Yeah. For most drugs you want no first pass, so more active drug whike prodrugs like codeine or tramadol make the odds where an intensive first pass gives more effects.

Usually oral has the lowest BA, so if oral is good any route will do but no need for the hassle.

That's weird. How much did you use?

Full stomach slows down the absorption, yes.

Yeah I know codeine needs to be metabolised by the liver to turn it into morphine. I think I'm one of the percentage of people who lack the necessary enzymes for that, as codeine never worked for me either as an analgesic or recreationally. That's why I tried Dihydrocodeine, but that never did much for me either - is DHC also a prodrug?

If oral usually has the lowest BA, is Pregabalin an exception? What about the oral BA for Benzos?

re. the sublingual - I just left some Preg capsules under my tongue and waited for them to dissolve but the result was pretty messy, I don't think it's a viable method at all 😁

as codeine never worked for me either as an analgesic or recreationally. That's why I tried Dihydrocodeine, but that never did much for me either - is DHC also a prodrug?
DHC is a prodrug to do hydromorphone, yeah but thought it was active on its own as well, maybe somebody knows more?

If oral usually has the lowest BA, is Pregabalin an exception? What about the oral BA for Benzos?
Pregabalin will have 100% BA as well when given intravenously, it just happens to be readily resorbed from the stomach as well.

I just left some Preg capsules under my tongue and waited for them to dissolve but the result was pretty messy
Oh, you need at least to open the capsules, better would be to extract but don't know a method for, or to have pure substance. Pure pregabalin could also be snorted - the pills work too through the nose but don't do it, fillers don't belong into the lung.
Did you swallow the resulting mess? If not then the pregab will have been just still in there.

^ yeah I'm not going to try the sublingual way for Pregabalin again. Oral is best, but the damn tolerance means you have to keep upping the dose. So I abstain for long periods because of that. Even so, after abstention it still seems like the tolerance hasn't diminished.....

^ yeah I'm not going to try the sublingual way for Pregabalin again. Oral is best, but the damn tolerance means you have to keep upping the dose. So I abstain for long periods because of that. Even so, after abstention it still seems like the tolerance hasn't diminished.....
Have you tried taking phenibut with it. i not got much myself but heard some people have

You have to have a few months off from it . Got a date for my mate so it be back on in feb

Have you tried taking phenibut with it. i not got much myself but heard some people have

I once tried phenibut on its own - apparently it can work as a nootropic, a so-called 'smart drug'. It didn't seem to make me work or concentrate better... or make me smarter! :p Once I decided to take a high dose of phenibut and it wasn't nice. I've tried Modafinil as well.... another nootropic popular with people studying for exams

you put two Pregabalin capsules up your bum?

A few months of abstention...easier said than done.... :whistle:
Yep not proud but the buzz gone no mater what i do 2 years 7 or 8 detox on them which hell wish i never tried them for heroin detox . I go a month then smash them get of them then repeat dont help i brought so many

I once tried phenibut on its own - apparently it can work as a nootropic, a so-called 'smart drug'. It didn't seem to make me work or concentrate better... or make me smarter! :p Once I decided to take a high dose of phenibut and it wasn't nice. I've tried Modafinil as well.... another nootropic popular with people studying for exams
Fuck no i did that firest time i got some did a littlew felt real good then did more i swear i pucked on and of for 12 hours . I use it now to help come of pregabalin it helps some but nothing i tried really hgelps with pregab wd smoke as much heroin still no