Round 2 here I go. Withdrawl sucks

Yosemite Steve

Greenlighter
Long story short, I was on 8mg/day Buprenorphine after a long term use of Percs and morphine patches after a bad back injury. 15 years in total.
I jumped off the bup at 4mg/day and had the worst 4 days of my life. Instead of just RLS, I had it in my arms too and I could not control it. Brutal.
I came out the other side and mentally felt great sooner that expected. But I started to get severe chest pain and also pain in my upper middle back. So bad in fact I ended up in the hospital when I couldn't take it anymore.
It turned out being a gallstone stuck in my common bile duct and it put me into a deadly pancreatic attack. My levels were thru the roof. After a week in the hospital, my gallbladder was removed but they had trouble with the stuck stone and kept delaying getting it out. I ended up back on oxycodone 10mg every 4 hours to control the severe pain. Was on these for 3 months.
The stone is out. I've tapered to 7.5mg/6 hours, but it's not enough. I have RLS and sleep is tough. So I have decided to suffer for 4 days instead of over a long hard taper.
I have the usual kit, and will be asking for Gabapentin tomorrow. I have been taking Requip for the RLS, but for full withdrawl, it won't be enough.
I was so proud when I got off the Bup after that long, but the pancreatitis ruined it. Now starting again scares me and I just have to man up and do it. And I will. Tomorrow it starts.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Steve

What do you have in 'the usual kit'? If you are going to dr to get the gaba can you also ask for some benzos, just one script to help w/ the w/d's? I'm more of a fan of doing a taper than just suddenly stopping, but to each its own.
How are you feeling now? Anything we can help you thru this brutal time, just ask. Many of us have been thru what you are going thru many many times. Wishing you strength and courage.

I honestly thought a taper would be better as well. However, I'm struggling with it. I'm trying to only take one when I'm supposed to (one 7.5/325 every 6h) but in the evenings I am getting the watery eyes, runny nose, and RLS. I end up having to take an early pill to sleep and I wake to same symptoms.
I have Calm Support, A multi vitamin, OTC pain meds, Clonidine, and DL Phenylalanine for dopamine and serotonin production.
With the gaba and a benzoyl for the worst of it I am optimistic.
I did not have gaba and a benzo last time and wish to god I did. Anything else I may have forgot?

I'm suprisingly uncomfortable trying to taper. I have a strong will power but I'm in a lot of discomfort and early withdrawl way too often. That is what is prompting me to just get it over with. We all know how hard it is to do, knowing full well what's ahead, but the alternative seems worse to me. Thanks for the support!!

Have you tried breaking the pills in half and taking a 1/2 every 3 hrs instead of full pill every 6 hrs? I dunno if that will work for you but if what you're doing isn't working it's worth trying? How much GABA are you taking? Personally I need to take 3 of the 300mg pills to damper the w/d symptoms but my habit is worse than yours, but maybe you aren't taking enough GABA to have the relief you need. Do a search on here about Loperamide - that simple OTC med can help w/d symptoms also.
Good luck- wishing you as comfortable taper/detox as possible!

Loperamide!

I'm on day 4 of h withdrawal with no symptoms thanks to lope. I was basically high the first 2 days compared to the 3rd day.
1st day: 50mg started with 16mg in the morning and went up every 2 hours until I felt relief.
2nd day:14mg in the morning, and 12mg at night
3rd day: 0mg only physical symptom left was anxiety, but that was most likely just the long half life of the lope keeping me chill.

Be careful though, I have read a lot of posts of people trading their doc for lope accidentally.

Yosemite, I also tried to taper, and it was just too hard. At the end, I did a 75% dose reduction taper just to look forward to relief every 12 hours, but ended up going c.t. b/c I just could not stabilize. I now have 31 days clean, and almost every day is getting better.

I understand how that pain affected you... I was getting chest spasms during one failed attempt at c.t., but the last time around, I got baclofen prescribed, and that worked wonders on any muscle cramping/spasms. I hope you are doing well and either tapering or getting clean c.t. Good luck to you!!

Out the other side!!!
I spoke to my Dr and he gave me Lorazepam 10mg and Hydroxyzine 50mg. To go with my Requip for RLS.
My last oxy was Monday at 7am. I started to feel crappy by lunchtime. I took a lorazepam and hydroxyzine and I can't remember much of that first 24 hours. I slept alot, I even cooked eggs, and I talked a lot but made no sense.
I lowered dose to 1/2 and still had slurred speach, walking and motor skills we're like being drunk. And I got more great rest.
Today is Wednesday night. I have cut dose in half again. Added Requip as needed. Multivitamin,L-tyrosine and lots or fluids. I had no bad withdrawl sysmtoms, no pain, no diarrhea really. I'm very surprised considering how bad the withdraw was getting off the buprenorphine. I am noticing some minor aches here and there and will treat with OTC and hot bath and report.

Thursday night into Friday morning. I added Clonidine 0.1mg to help out. Although I liked having my senses 100 returned to me, I felt sore and not comfortable yet. Took 1.0 lorazepam and 50mg Hydroxyzine and took a long hot shower. Also took Centrum, B12 B6, and the L-tyrosine. I then crashed for about 4 hours on the couch having awesome dreams. I'm now wide awake, feeling well rested, and thinking about a snack? Pain is 0-1. This has been a very strange withdrawl, but compared to my last one off years if buprenorphine, it was a walk in the park!!! Get the Benzos and save yourself the nightmare.

Almost 4 days exactly since last Oxycontin. The Benzos have saved my life this time. I can't believe the difference between CT and having Benzo help. I'm going to maintain the small doze Lorazepam and get some sleep. My goal is nothing but vitamins and OTC care once I wake up. Keep in mind, I have plenty of benzos and oxys left over. This was my choice. You can do it too!! Follow up to come!

I'm going through it too Steve! Not sure what day I'm on. I did a weird fent patch taper and had a few days of crappy symptoms so I could be day 1 or day 4. I'm gonna see how I feel tomorrow and possibly go benzo hunting if I need. I have a 3 day work weekend so am planning on doing the hard part over these next 3 days.
It's not really the withdrawal I have to beat, I can do that, it's the mental aspect. I haven't quite figured out the trick there.