• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Rough Chances Of Sudden Death From Cocaine?

KattyKorner

Greenlighter
So I've done coke before, but I just thought to ask it there was a rough odds of the infamous sudden death from cocaine.

We've all heard stories about it, however there seem to be tons and tons of cocaine users around the world, and this seems to be relatively rare, at least seems.

Yup.

Generally if you are someone with poor cardiovascular health, you’re at higher risk of cardiac failure from cocaine. So eat healthy, exercise daily, all that shit people constantly tell you to do.

-GC
Do you think people would try to be healthy if they learn it allows them to more freely do cocaine

Like a carrot and stick sort of thing

These days, higher and higher. Unless you test your product there is NO way of telling if there is fentanyl or zylazine in it. Just Google fentanyl cocaine deaths in the news. Pretty fucked up. Different world. Test any product, and, assuming it is real cocaine, the risk of death increases with potency, amount used, ROA and current health status.

Stay safe out there, and welcome to Bluelight.

Do you think people would try to be healthy if they learn it allows them to more freely do cocaine

Like a carrot and stick sort of thing

It does for me.. I started getting healthy as a means to extend my drug use as long as possible into my life. Am I an anomaly? Possibly. But we do exist.

Actually if anything makes me stop it’ll be the disfigurement of my nose. I always used my left side and can only lay on my left side. My nose now is crooked to the left so I try to snort right side only lol.

-GC

These days, higher and higher. Unless you test your product there is NO way of telling if there is fentanyl or zylazine in it. Just Google fentanyl cocaine deaths in the news. Pretty fucked up. Different world. Test any product, and, assuming it is real cocaine, the risk of death increases with potency, amount used, ROA and current health status.

Is Cocaine coming up with fent often out by you? I’ve heard it but only on here. I was always surprised by the lack of quality cocaine in CO, it’s there but just not as good as other areas. Which is weird considering it’s closer to the source than most areas I’ve tried…

When I used to visit my friend years back in Denver, I’d bring him a gram or so as a treat since he couldn’t find it. Maybe didn’t know the right people..

-GC

I haven't done any since 2019 it was getting worse and more stepped on since I started in 2003. Just over it now. Plus I'm 36 and a mom lol. But yeah it is hard to find ..... the other day I was craving and got a $60 and $140 quote from 2 different hooks for a tshirt! Idk why the discrepancy but I just can't start again. Not worth it. And now with the kill you adulterants....just not advisable for anyone honestly.

It does for me.. I started getting healthy as a means to extend my drug use as long as possible into my life. Am I an anomaly? Possibly. But we do exist.

Actually if anything makes me stop it’ll be the disfigurement of my nose. I always used my left side and can only lay on my left side. My nose now is crooked to the left so I try to snort right side only lol.

-GC
Dude the nose morph is for real its dissuaded me from snorting anything really anymore noticing just how many party people have a wonky nostril lol!

If I could see the tar in my lungs I'm sure I'd stick to eating cannabis and maybe vaping, but outta sight outta mind

Most people I know take alcohol when doing a line of coke (literally everyone I know). I think consuming them at the same time produces a metabolite called cocaethylene. There are studies that show that cocaethylene is more cardiotoxic compared to doing coke alone, and increases risk of sudden cardiac death as much as 25 folds. So avoid alcohol when you’re doing coke (avoid mixing any drugs at all when doing drugs, unless you really need them like a benzo when you have a panic attack from taking too stimulant or something).

In general, I’ve came across many sources reporting coke as more cardiotoxic than meth or amphetamines even when taken in moderate doses (I probably did at most 3-4 ~33mg lines a day for 2 weeks or so), and I’ve personally experienced the worst panic attacks when I used to do coke.

I think it’s also unpredictable and virtually impossible to know how many times it’s stepped on before it got into your hands. When I tried coke for the first time, I got some for free from a friend of mine and it’s a stepped on shit. Next time I bought it from a reliable vendor that stocks uncut bricks directly from cartel distributors. I tried just 1/3 of my regular line with this new product and after about 3 minutes of GREAT euphoria I’ve ever felt in my life, it soon turned south into a full blown panic attack (to make things worse I haven’t had any benzos at that time). Found out it’s as pure as it gets so it’s just more potent (of course I extra money for the uncut rocks).

I’ve had my first experience of panic attack when I did coke (I thought I was having a heart attack ‘cause I was still a novice user at that time and I thought I was going to die lol, I was inches away from dialing 911). Never touched coke ever since.

I think it’s really hard to test coke for fentanyl contamination due to a phenomenon called “chocolate chip cookie effect” where fent might present in one end of the baggie while nothing on the other end, assuming regular coke users with no opioid experience have very low tolerance to opioids, as small as 2-3mg could kill you. So I think when it comes to coke it’s best to test the whole product and evaporate it once tested.

10/10 if you snort enough
it’s lucky nose will try to protect you

on the serious side, the older you are the bigger
and apparently usually first line will kill you, so I read somewhere
so if you don’t die from first line you can continues rather relaxed if you don’t go over with it
but don’t be anxious before first line cuz it’s more likely you’ll kill yourself

I'm struggling to find someone who doesn't combine it with alcohol,, including myself.

Only time it happened was when a few of us were in the backseat of a van and didn't have any alcohol as it was quite early in the afternoon...also makes you pee too much... so just did the coke until we drank at the destination....then took more coke too of course 🙂

It was a fairly big deal when Lenny Bias died in 1986. But it had nothing to do with fentanyl. It was known to be a cocaine OD at the time. By this point cocaine was not as prestigious anymore as it was on the 70's and laws much harsher. The Reagan's "just say no" was in full force.

In general, I’ve came across many sources reporting coke as more cardiotoxic than meth or amphetamines even when taken in moderate doses (I probably did at most 3-4 ~33mg lines a day for 2 weeks or so), and I’ve personally experienced the worst panic attacks when I used to do coke.

I think it’s also unpredictable and virtually impossible to know how many times it’s stepped on before it got into lpanic attack when I did coke (I thought I was having a heart attack ‘cause I was still a novice user at that time and I thought I was going to die lol, I was inches away from dialing 911). Never touched coke ever since.
its crazy because a day after this post was made, my girlfriend, 23, after 2 days of drinking and binging coke, she had cardiac arrest or something similiar (Pending toxicology) on April 19th 2am

She was in hospital for 2 days and passed

Long live Persephone,

my friends cocaine and alcohol can indeed cause sudden death even coke alone

avoid

-GC
After how long of snorting did u notice your nose was shifting? (months, years et)

they stopped that chip last week i see.
theres been a few chilli related deaths in last year or so but i wonder how many had health issues.

think anyone that uses anything nowadays should have narcan available. i lost a friend in canada last year to coke laced with fet. using test strips is still better than notdoing. obv get your stuff tested properly if ure able too. most countries have a way nowadays , no?

I would think the risk of death would be higher if you smoke crack or worse IV it then snort it.

I would think the risk of death would be higher if you smoke crack or worse IV it then snort it.
Pretty sure that applies in some cases but in reality it isn’t always what seems intuitively more logical. And that’s not that ocams razor doesn’t apply in most cases but that’s after all aspects are taken into consideration. In this case smaller amounts when smoking or doing I.V. if it’s not OD might be less dangerous, as first initial hit in normal dose. Just as doing coke orally (no matter how nice and convenient once you eat enough) might as well be more cardiotoxic than snorting cuz of dose and metabolism. So I think with smoking and I.V. how fiendish it is and how addictive and all-round damaging those ROAs are, is the biggest problem and not dropping dead.