• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Rolling often?

Zippster

Greenlighter
How often do you guys roll and when you do how much do you take each time? Just curious.

I roll about 4 times a year. Anywhere between 100-300mg each time.

I think this is a good rule, Shulgins themselves said that in an interview, could find that if i can. They were pioneers on MDMA. They said that doing it more than that could cause you lose the magic permanently, as Ann Shulgin said she had been doing it weekly for writing. In the end, she didnt get any more than the stimulant effects and it was never the same for her. Don't know about Sasha himself.

Too often, and enough. lol.

I'd say once a month (average) and 200mg of tested crystal.

Pretty much whenever I can get it, I take it. About ten times a year give or take.

trozzle, cyberius, you really shouldnt. Wouldnt it be much more better to enjoy it for the rest of your lives, or at least decades than doing it every month for a few years

When I do it ~4 times a year every time its so fucking magical.. words cant convey

I found the interview: http://www.erowid.org/culture/characters/shulgin_alexander/shulgin_alexander_interview2.shtml

The only thing that has happened with everyone I know who has used MDMA a great deal is that if they used it more than 4 times a year, they developed a tolerance, and after a few years, it begins to not work for them. They want to get back the magic of the first experience, and that is a mistake, because - as Sasha likes to say -- "You never step into the same river water twice. " I found out, for myself, that using MDMA more often than four times a year was not wise. I used MDMA as a writing drug for about a year. Once a week, I would do a great deal of writing using MDMA; it was a wonderful experience for me to use it that way, but I discovered after that kind of use that I had to go up in dosage to get an effect, and the effect became less and less the magical insight; it was more and more the stimulant effects, and for many years now, I have been totally unable to use it. Not only because now it is illegal, but because I used it once a week, and that was too often. Nobody knew that, then, but now I would advise anyone who wants to use MDMA not to take it more than 4 times a year if you want to continue to get the best effects from it, otherwise you risk losing its effects entirely and permanently.

Honestly, I'd be much more worried with where my life was heading if I planned on using MDMA indefinitely than I am with the frequency in which I use it now. No I'm not saying that it's better to burn yourself out in a couple of years then move on, but it's definitely a big concern (IMO) if you'd rather the idea of taking it on the odd occasion indefinitely.

Going by how I feel (given we all know our own bodies best), I don't in anyway see a problem with my current use - especially given I have no intentions on keeping it up for very long at all. The only times a roll hasn't met my expectations have boiled down to either set, setting, or whenever I've taken a pill (as opposed to capped crystal of known quality and quantity). Should I ever have a diminished experience as a result of rolling too often, I'll take a very extended break....but until then, IME, my healthy lifestyle and general mindset/attitude appears to adequately compensate for the occasions on which I take MDMA.

Honestly, I'd be much more worried with where my life was heading if I planned on using MDMA indefinitely than I am with the frequency in which I use it now. No I'm not saying that it's better to burn yourself out in a couple of years then move on, but it's definitely a big concern (IMO) if you'd rather the idea of taking it on the odd occasion indefinitely.

Going by how I feel (given we all know our own bodies best), I don't in anyway see a problem with my current use - especially given I have no intentions on keeping it up for very long at all. The only times a roll hasn't met my expectations have boiled down to either set, setting, or whenever I've taken a pill (as opposed to capped crystal of known quality and quantity). Should I ever have a diminished experience as a result of rolling too often, I'll take a very extended break....but until then, IME, my healthy lifestyle and general mindset/attitude appears to adequately compensate for the occasions on which I take MDMA.

Why so? I can definitely see myself taking drugs for the rest of my life in special occasions. Especially when these rare MDMA nights give me great afterglow for days. First time I took MDMA the afterglow lasted for weeks. It was truly a life changing experience.

For about 2 years I rolled once every month. Then I became busy with life and took a year break from rolling; now I only roll 2 times a year and my dosage is 120mg - 150mg. Anything above 150 and I'm stuck.

I pop rolls as often as I can which isn't to often.

Xtc is best in certain situations and can be really uncomfortable I'm others.

The trick is finding an environment that feels comfortable. The people your with are also important.

I'm an old school rave head so i always stick to plur and you will make friends. Some who may be willing to give you an extra roll or two to keep the good vibes going.

I roll once a month or so, whenever the right event comes up. Usually around 200mg. Haven't rolled since New Years though so I'm definitely a little overdue.

I guess I'll give out my whole history of use, why the hell not.

So I started rolling in November of 2010, took it once and loved it. It wasn't until late April 2011 I did it again and I did it twice a weekend for 6-8 weeks straight (honestly dont remember anymore...) and one weekend I did it three times cause it was a long weekend. Dosages for these rolls ranged from 1-4 pressed pills (I was stupid and didn't know any better >.>)

After this binge I took a 7 month break trying to recover from a long term comedown, I rolled again in January of 2012 when I was kinda peer pressured into it even though I wasn't fully recovered. Rolling again was a mistake so I took another 7 month break and tried again in August of 2012 when I was feeling much better. Dosage for this was 2 100mg caps

From about August 2012 - March 2013 I rolled monthly then I took a 3 month break and continued from June 2013 - October 2013 where I rolled twice in a week which was a huge mistake. My last roll was on NYE with some bunk ass pills and I'm still getting over the comedown from it, my next planned roll (assuming I'm recoverd by then) is June 2014 with my best friend and rave family at a festival. Dosages ranged from 120-200mg during this period.

After that I think I'm going to try to keep it more to once every 2 months cause once a month was getting to be a bit too taxing on me. Sorry for the long ass post but I thought I might as well go back a bit haha.

Last edited:
Abused it and lost it. Now day's I can easily get hold of MD but sadly the abuse has made it lose it's sparkle. Yeah I like lounging around grinning like a goon laughing at random shit and loving everything but that's cause I do it maybe 1-2 a year. 2cb however I find to be quite reusable as an alternative empathogenic drug. Still has it's unique sparkle, not MDMA but I love it for it's own unique and less taxing character. I use 2cb fairly regularly probably weekly to second weekly, sometimes 20 mg a day for a couple of days running. It seems to give me a nice after glow. You know when you over use it cause I get irritable on the come down and take a break.

I've never taken 2cb but I heard it was as good or better than mdma.

I've never taken 2cb but I heard it was as good or better than mdma.

It's different. It's a psychedelic moreso then an empathogens IMO. In my experience I found it very dissimilar to mdma. Much more clear head space. No crazy body ephoria. It's was VERY visual. I think it's best mixed with other substances.