View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

robitussin, dxm, and vomiting

dchin3

Greenlighter
so i am new and didnt know where to post this and i hope someone can help me out

i have done dxm on multiple occassions a couple of times a few years back in pill form, but more recently by drinking robitussin forte dry cough
twice i had a friggen unreal time, tripping out, losing motor control, losing perception of space and time excellent!
the third time i only kept the liquid down for half an hour - 45 minutes before i vomited everywhere! a lot! bright pink liquid flying from my body, yum i know! and in the middle of traffic in St Kilda! im classy no need to tell me.

and since i have been too nervous to try dxm again. i was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or maybe can explain why it happened on this one occassion

do you need to eat before drinking robitussin? did i maybe drink it too fast, would that effect it? any ideas?

and do you recon i would be fine to try again?

I used to down bottles of DXM like no other but my body slowly started to reject it. I still haven't yacked from it but i usually have to lay down for an hour after drinking it with some weed to sort of regain my wits then when i plateau i can move on.

You can also try a store brand DXM they usually are thinner and have less sugar and are cheaper, make sure only active ingredient is DXM HBr

i always vomit from DXM. vomiting doesn't bother me with any drug anymore though be it opiates or booze or what have you

I'm assuming it was brand robotussin. Really though probably just to high a dose or too much syrup. With some home chemistry you can remove most of the garbage from the dxm, which could reduce nausea.

I've heard DXM causes nausea no matter what form it's in. I've never tried pure powder but the pills made me gag. try MXE if you're afraid of throwing up

Hmmm in my my mind like robo dxm hbr vs dxm polyester delsym . Hbr robotussin makes me want to fucking throw up I meen theres times I will and wont but like it just makes me feel the need I should throw up unless I lay down I usually dont puke but on the other hamd polyster delsym I could down bottle after bottle of that and not feel any nausea what so ever
hmm lol

We can't discuss sources unfortunately, but lots of people have managed to find it. Your dealer probably doesn't have it, that's not the way to go.

Even if he does have it he wouldn't know.... Honestly your better off buying pure DXM if your going to RC suppliers. If you'll put the work into finding MXE you might as well go all the way as its literally a side step. Honestly your better off extracting it if you use it only one in a while....Less risk of getting caught if you have the space as you don't have to deal with drugs in mail.

Also why recommend an rc? That's not HR at all without an explain of theraputic evidence involving scientific study if available as well as user reports, possible risks, and just more info than a shorthand name they can take and find easily to buy without looking up any real info on what it is possibly leading to someone using too much because they didn't bother to research online what they had. Seriously bad call.

I found that the time best time to take DXM is 2-3 hours after having a full meal. Your solids will still be int he digestion process, but won't be in your stomach directly to wear you can puke. Also, you don't necessarily want to take DXM on an empty stomach either, it could lead to a bad trip.
The best way to consume the syrup is to just chug it. Plug your nose while you do it, and leave it plugged for a good 2-3 minutes after you've chugged the bottle. Staying in the same spot for that duration of time also helps. Any movement could cause you to become nauseous. During your trip in general I don't advise you to move very much. Just sit or lie down somewhere and relax. I haven't puked once using DXM from following these simple rules. The one time I DID vomit was on a full stomach and me foolishly moving around too much. It was only a couple minutes after consumption though, not later into the trip like most people seem to do...

One last thing, make sure the ONLY active ingredient in the syrup is Dextromethorphan hBr. Other active ingredients could be contributing to your vomiting.

Even if he does have it he wouldn't know.... Honestly your better off buying pure DXM if your going to RC suppliers. If you'll put the work into finding MXE you might as well go all the way as its literally a side step. Honestly your better off extracting it if you use it only one in a while....Less risk of getting caught if you have the space as you don't have to deal with drugs in mail.

Also why recommend an rc? That's not HR at all without an explain of theraputic evidence involving scientific study if available as well as user reports, possible risks, and just more info than a shorthand name they can take and find easily to buy without looking up any real info on what it is possibly leading to someone using too much because they didn't bother to research online what they had. Seriously bad call.

What makes you think DXM is safer than MXE?

I prefer the term "Purge" to which I attach mystical connotations. Ridding of negative energies, all that BS. I'm used to it, actually kinda sad when I get through a trip without, but Imma wannabe-bulimic. Anymore, I literally take matters into my own hands, well fingers, at bout 45min after consumption, regardless of nausea. Sometimes I might wait for trip to start, so when I purge I'll get shivers. But, my motto has always been, "Never let nausea stand in the way off a good time". Might be f'd the way I put it, but rly I see lil diff with hardcore drinkers or opiate users.

EDIT: I guess I should add that I tend to puke on most things, prolly bc I tend to dose high. But even though I'm a hardhead amongst my circle, I'll purge on doses that others get no nausea from at all, even if I'm only at a ++. I usually vomit on moderate doses of stims, opiates, dissociatives, psychs, empathogens, and alcohol. Small price to pay for fun, so it doesn't botherme. I have been more conscious of possibly damage to my esophagus latly, so I've kinda taken up fasting for 12-24hrs before a high dose, if I can remember/have the time. Sometimes an oppurtunity for an exp is unexpected.

Last edited:
I prefer the term "Purge" to which I attach mystical connotations. Ridding of negative energies, all that BS. I'm used to it, actually kinda sad when I get through a trip without, but Imma wannabe-bulimic. Anymore, I literally take matters into my own hands, well fingers, at bout 45min after consumption, regardless of nausea. Sometimes I might wait for trip to start, so when I purge I'll get shivers. But, my motto has always been, "Never let nausea stand in the way off a good time". Might be f'd the way I put it, but rly I see lil diff with hardcore drinkers or opiate users.

Huh. That's how I've always thought of it, too. A purge.

As for your problem with syrup, I can unfortunately relate. Used to be able to down the stuff like nobody's business, but after a while my body started rejecting the stuff. Moved to cough gels after that. Still puke sometimes. Then I switched to delsym. Don't puke off of that, although I still seem to have trouble stomaching it, somehow.

It just seems that my body instinctively tries to reject DXM. But my mind ain't listening.

more than likely you had gaufinecin however you spell it. in there.. dxm and that fighting in your liver. That or maybe you ate too much before hand. I usually do dxm on an empty stomach.. no matter what i do tho. I always vomit. no way around it for me. Just sorta how the drug works. Same with a fat line of heroin, it's just expected.

Did you have anything else in your system? Prescript or OTC meds other than that? Reason I ask is that until I landed here reading a year ago, I had NO clue Rob. DXM was a rec drug for some. In 2009 my son, was 23 and died. Autopsy determined it was the DXM which was the catalyst for his esophagus to shut down, which lead to a peaceful ending. He had, however, had a near fatal ATV accident 6 months earlier and was on oxy, neurontin and Cymbalta also ~ BUT.....those were not lethal doses in him without the DMX. If you're vomiting on just that? Eh ~ likely don't drink so much of it! If you're combo-ing that, I'd take the vomiting as an indicator you need a new cocktail. 8)