Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Robitussin: Dry Cough Forte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaas Montenegro

Greenlighter
Hey guys, this is my first post ever on BL even though google searches have brought me here hundreds of times.
I'm not sure where this thread goes, if it is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.
So this guy I know bought 200ml of "Robitussin: Dry Cough Forte" which contains:
30mg Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide every 10ml of liquid. (according to my horrific maths knowledge, that's 600mg of Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide?)

This guy was wondering, is this the famous DXM that everyone is talking about?
And what is recommended for a first time dose? He's 174cm tall and weighs about 78kg.
What is to be expected? He's not a fan of hallucinogenics, as he gets panic attacks frequently, and is very, very prone to anxiety.

Also, he was wondering if there is a detailed extraction method to get the DXM into crystal/powder form.

Thanks for the help guys, lots of good vibes to you all.:D

Hey guys, this is my first post ever on BL even though google searches have brought me here hundreds of times.
I'm not sure where this thread goes, if it is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.
So this guy I know bought 200ml of "Robitussin: Dry Cough Forte" which contains:
30mg Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide every 10ml of liquid. (according to my horrific maths knowledge, that's 600mg of Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide?)

This guy was wondering, is this the famous DXM that everyone is talking about?
And what is recommended for a first time dose? He's 174cm tall and weighs about 78kg.
What is to be expected? He's not a fan of hallucinogenics, as he gets panic attacks frequently, and is very, very prone to anxiety.

Also, he was wondering if there is a detailed extraction method to get the DXM into crystal/powder form.

Thanks for the help guys, lots of good vibes to you all.:D

It's okay mate it's obvious your talking for yourself not a "mate" my advice is not to do dxm personally and if your getting panic attacks or anxiety it is not a good choice as you may freak out or wigg out under dxm. And as far as extraction, google is your friend, this site is for Harm reduction not to help ppl cultivate drugs :)

It's okay mate it's obvious your talking for yourself not a "mate" my advice is not to do dxm personally and if your getting panic attacks or anxiety it is not a good choice as you may freak out or wigg out under dxm. And as far as extraction, google is your friend, this site is for Harm reduction not to help ppl cultivate drugs :)

I sure am talking about me lol, I just thought one of the rules were that we weren't allowed to incriminate ourselves. But I guess drug laws are different from the US ones.
I honestly, deeply appreciate your advice. There's nothing worse than a panic attack.But I thought I might be able to tolerate it as I have 5mg of xanax, so if worst came to worst, I'd just that to fall back on.
So just IF, and that's a big if, I was actually going to do it, what would be the dose that you personally would suggest? Maybe something small to ease into it?

And just so I clear this up, what I bought is actually in fact DXM, right?

Oh, I don't want to cultivate it. I personally just like to be able to have my stash in one nice and neat location that is transportable. Not to extract, bag and sell it or anything. Man, dealing is the last thing on my mind.

Dextromethorphan hydrobromide is indeed the famous DXM, and the bottle you have does indeed contain 600 mg of it. A friend of mine once aptly described the effects of 300 mg (half what's in your bottle) as: "It's like my body's drunk, and my mind is tripping". You've already implied that you're not into tripping, so perhaps it's not for you. I've heard that lesser amounts have a more mellow mood-lifting effect, but I don't have enough personal experience to comment more on that. Larger amounts will cause a more intense rupture between your consciousness and consensus reality, and it's probably a pretty bad idea to jump into that sort of thing without previous experience of dissociatives. It typically takes 45-90 minutes to start, and lasts about 6 hours.

You also NEED to be aware that DXM has a lot of dangerous interactions with other medications and other drugs!!! If you're on any medications, or considering combining it with anything else, you must do extensive research on its interactions. Erowid may be a good place to start:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_faq.shtml

Definitely never take it if you've had any antidepressants in the last few weeks. Also, while you may think it's safe to take a high dose because you have xanax on hand, be aware that taking xanax while semi-dissociated may just make you even more disoriented and prone to inadvisable behaviour.

Dextromethorphan hydrobromide is indeed the famous DXM, and the bottle you have does indeed contain 600 mg of it. A friend of mine once aptly described the effects of 300 mg (half what's in your bottle) as: "It's like my body's drunk, and my mind is tripping". You've already implied that you're not into tripping, so perhaps it's not for you. I've heard that lesser amounts have a more mellow mood-lifting effect, but I don't have enough personal experience to comment more on that. Larger amounts will cause a more intense rupture between your consciousness and consensus reality, and it's probably a pretty bad idea to jump into that sort of thing without previous experience of dissociatives. It typically takes 45-90 minutes to start, and lasts about 6 hours.

You also NEED to be aware that DXM has a lot of dangerous interactions with other medications and other drugs!!! If you're on any medications, or considering combining it with anything else, you must do extensive research on its interactions. Erowid may be a good place to start:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_faq.shtml

Definitely never take it if you've had any antidepressants in the last few weeks. Also, while you may think it's safe to take a high dose because you have xanax on hand, be aware that taking xanax while semi-dissociated may just make you even more disoriented and prone to inadvisable behaviour.

That is some absolutely beautiful information. Thanks so much for all this help guys, I'll be copying and pasting all this down.
Yeah, I'm currently on 100mg of Zoloft, so maybe the full on effect is not a good idea at all.
Can you remember what this low dose of mellow relaxation was?
Lately I've been getting into the wonders of codeine, and was told that DXM and make the effect of codeine different... I'm not exactly sure how though, I'll have to research more about that... Unless of course you have some information about the subject of codeine and DXM; Do they mix well?

could try 200mg to start with parhaps?
Is 200mg more of the physical high than the mental high?

200mg will still be physical and mental, if you are feeling cautious you could start even lower around 150 maybe but im fairly confident 200mg should be fairly easy to handle. dxm and codeine mix well.

zoloft and dxm is to be avoided

200mg will still be physical and mental, if you are feeling cautious you could start even lower around 150 maybe but im fairly confident 200mg should be fairly easy to handle. dxm and codeine mix well.

zoloft and dxm is to be avoided
Well that's good, very good. This makes me happy.
But unfortunately I'm on zoloft, so I guess I can't use it :( what a waste of <money>:(
Thanks for the heads up guys, you're all brilliant.
I appreciate you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're on zoloft (or any antidepressant) DO NOT take DXM, even in a low dose: You'll be risking your life!!! Look up "serotonin syndrome".

The whole thing about DXM and codeine is related to a liver enzyme that converts codeine to morphine: DXM supposedly helps this process along, causing more of the codeine to convert to morphine. But, let me repeat: if you're on ANY antidepressant, or have been on any antidepressant within the last 2 weeks, steer clear of DXM, please!

Thanks buddy.
I guess I'll trade it to a friend for some codeine or weed or something similar.
Thanks guys for preventing a death tonight. You have literally saved my life.

You're not missing out on anything Vaas. Especially if you don't like psychedelics and panic easily (I love psychs but in real life suffer panic attacks too bro, I'm not having a go at ya)

Mixing dxm with Xanax wouldn't be a good idea anyway. I couldn't find anything on pubmed or online relating to interactions between these medications but anecdotal reports suggest that if the doses are high enough there may be some dangerous respiratory depression.

A Xanax blackout is bad enough too Hahahaha, would be awesome to see someone on both that and a dxm blackout!!

PS

Completely agree with Tentrams post below, if anything a TEK should be considered harm reduction.

Last edited:
this site is for Harm reduction not to help ppl cultivate drugs :)

there's actually nothing wrong with posting extraction guides, it's nothing to do with synthesis:) it's much the same as people wanting to know how to clean their meth, coke, heroin, etc.

Seems like this thread has served its purpose, but I can't help taking a DXM trip down memory lane. You know how some things get funnier as time goes by? You know... the things that weren't funny at all at the time? The things that probably scarred friends and family's memories forever?!

Anyway, here's my summary of three cough syrup experiences from many years ago, when I was slightly less old and exactly as stupid as now.

FIRST TRY. Cough syrup containing total 300mg dextromethorphan hydrobromide as well as sorbitol (hehe).

Experience: Feel slightly itchy and weird. Music sounds weird and kind of shit - tinny and lacking bass. Not sure if this is good or not. End.

SECOND TRY. Same syrup with total 600mg DXM.

Experience: Woah, what's this weird rash appearing on my chest. Feel kind of drunk and things looks strange. Feel like I'm in a dream of sorts. Music still sounds shit. Who turned down the bass, dammit?! Brainflash: I think I may be psychotic! Oh my goodness... Lie on bed and drift into weird mind states. Play music that sounds shit but play it anyway because it calms me down. Actually, think I feel kind of good. End.

THIRD AND FINAL TRY. Syrup with total 900mg DXM.

Experience: Rash with bubble type things on chest. Gross and scary. Extreme itching and heat all over torso. Nausea. Can hardly move. Puke and roll in puke because can't coordinate self. Lose all perspective and spatial awareness. Legs and bed and floor have compressed into a flattened Photoshop file. Life is 2D.

I have become my deceased father. I can see the floor with my eyes closed. Eyes open, eyes closed - no difference. Geometric patterns dance in front of my vision with eyes open/closed. Brainflash: I need to clean up my self/act/life, and the first step is changing my puke-stained shirt. Spend 20 minutes trying to put on new shirt. Stumble to toilet and blast shit. Sound of shit hitting water comes a good second or two after the sensation occurs. Laugh maniacally at this de-synchronisation.

Spend what seems a long time - possibly two or three months - shitting and laughing at my own shit. Colours have gone ape shit. Light perception has become Photoshop tools controlled by a monkey (possibly an ape - a shitting ape!). Leave toilet world after several years have passed and make way to TV. Need reassurance that I'm a real person who is alive and not insane.

Simpsons is on. Good. It's a Halloween 'Treehouse of Horrors' re-run. Bad. Very bad. The Simpsons have turned on me and I'm living in a nightmare world. My brother enters room (poor bro, I'm subjected him to so many horrible displays of intoxication over the years). Thoughts are returning to my mind in a logical sequence, but when I open my mouth to speak it's like someone threw a hand grenade into my vocabulary and grammar. I sound like I've had one too many LITRES of whisky. I want to reassure my brother than I'm actually OK ON THE INSIDE but when I speak some soup of sounds spews forth and I can see the horrified look on his face. This frustrates me and makes me pound my thigh (which has no feeling). I vow never to repeat this experience.

And guess what? I never did. Nope. No sir. No more cough syrup after that one, ahahahaha. Sure, I did loads of things that were way worse and had more grotesque results, but no cough syrup. I do have some standards, you know.

Man, there's no useful posts in this thread.
Lay me lay out some knowledge OP.

Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide is DXM (HBr) and it is a dissociative. A serious one.
There is also another form of DXM which is not HBr found in Delsym, that isn't sold here, but it is covered in plastic and thus your body has to do more converting.
It's never a good idea to put your body under more stress than necessary.
This is a powerful drug with a heavy body load.
It is quite a dirty drug in terms of all the receptors it hits.

Now, some tips about DXM.
1. Always smoke weed.
2. Always smoke weed.
3. Cigarettes are awesome, and DXM has some interaction with the nicotinic system.
4. Time loops are your friend.
5. Enjoy the experience, learn to let go and embrace it.
6. Lay in the dark with headphones and your favourite tunes.

Be sure you're not doing anything to induce Serotonin Syndrome (e.g. anti-depressants, MDMA, amphetamines)
Dissociative anesthetic, by the way. You should try to stay away from all other depressants, and when going above 15mg/kg you should be wary of hypoventilation (respiratory depression) and have someone to make sure you're still breathing.

Now, finding out a dose is very easy.
As you've figured out, 200mL/10mL=20
20 doses of 30mg is 600mg

Now, for some more simple math!
Let's say you weight 80kg.
600/80=7.5mg per kg.

Now, you need to know about the 4 plateaus
The firs plat is up to about 3mg, and this is quite a chilled out slightly altered state of mind
The second plat is up to about 7mg, this is still quite comfortable whilst having a bit more substance, though you should not underestimate the value.
The third plat goes up to around 15mg, and this is a fucking fun place.
The fourth plat is 15+, though at 20mg it becomes irresponsible and stupid to do it alone.

Have fun, and remember to smoke weed.

Read these if you want:
DXM FAQ by William White
taimapedia
Extraction guide
It's not worth extracting. I've found using the free cup and having anywhere from 10-20mL every minute until I can't any more is also a real cool experience, since DXM potentiates itself, and DXM is converted to DXO and they both interplay as you trip, so by spreading it out it again brings different characteristics.
Anyway, have fun.

I just read you're on an SSRI, and thinking of using a benzo.
Both of those are no-nos.
Don't do DXM with SSRI's in your system.

Seems when I actually read the thread this had been taken care of.

I just read you're on an SSRI, and thinking of using a benzo.

nothing wrong with combining a benzo and ssri

Don't do DXM with SSRI's in your system.
that's more like it, correct.

Now, some tips about DXM.
1. Always smoke weed.

i don't agree with this for the sake of HR. many people report that weed turns their experience into an absolute nightmare. before smoking on DXM i would advise becoming familiar with it's effects alone before combining the two. being an experienced weed smoker will work in your favour as well.

:( what a waste of <money> :(

It's good while it lasts imo..Good to feel like a really small gremlin, alice in wonderland trips were great & the robo walk was a fantastic memory lol. Bad brain killer if used all the time & you could of got that shit a lot cheaper at <no sources> for future reference ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
^
...but as previously noted, not to be mixed with SSRI antidepressants.

i think all that needs to be said has already been answered, so i'm going to close the thread.

if the OP has any more questions, please send me a PM and we can look at re-opening if there is more discussion to be had.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.