• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Robaxin

LaBlueEyes

Bluelighter
The doctors give me Robaxin like its candy. I've learned the reason I don't get high from the Norco is the Butrans patch. Is the same true for Robaxin or does this god damn patch block everything?

Robaxin is a muscle relaxant, but its not that good......the only muscle relaxant worth while is Soma.

^ I would disagree with that as Valium and Norflex (Orphenadrine) work fairly decent for me. But yes Robaxin is absolute shit. You can buy pure Methocarbamol OTC here in Canada (the Robaxin pills) as well as Robaxacet-C's which contain 8mg's of Codeine with the Methocarbamol.

After the last time i took Robaxin i swore i would never touch it again. I spent the whole night throwing my guts up and my pupils where dilated so much you could only make out slight rings of blue around my pupils. I felt weird and fucked up into the next day and to top it all off it did nothing for my pain and as i was sick as a dog i couldn't take a real painkiller.

To the OP: Butrans patches are Buprenorphine in patch form and Bupe as we all know blocks the effects of other opiates and cause precipitated withdrawal. It won't however block the effects of any other drugs. How well are you finding the Butrans patches for your pain by the way? I am on Morphine for pain but i have to say Buprenorphine intrigues me.

I've had a different experience, as a muscle relaxant Robaxin was better than e.g., Flexeril, although not as good as Soma. Ymmv

I've had a different experience, as a muscle relaxant Robaxin was better than e.g., Flexeril, although not as good as Soma. Ymmv

That's not saying very fucking much. The one time i took Cyclobenzaprine i sure forgot about my muscle spasms as i spent most of the night lying on the floor praying i wouldn't have a heart attack and i didn't have a goddamn Benzo in the house. I don't know if this adverse reaction was something out of the blue or due to the fact that i was on Amitriptyline at the time and as Flexeril is a Tricyclic that like Nortriptyline (Amitriptyline's main metabolite) is also mainly a Norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor so no doubt the 2 can interact. I have no desire to find out though what caused that reaction that's for sure.

It surprises me that drugs like Robaxin are prescription only in the US given the fact they are available OTC at any pharmacy in Canada. For some reason the Methocarbamol with Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen is on the shelves while you have to ask the pharmacist for the Methocarbamol only Robaxin pills and of course the Robaxacet-C's are behind the counter as well. Anyone without good health insurance must suffer alot that's for sure given the fact that down there you can't even get Aspirin with Codeine OTC for a fucking headache.

Soma has not been on the Canadian market for ages but meprobamate in the form of Mep 282 was available until recently in combination with Aspirin, Caffeine and Codeine as a muscle relaxant. Go figure :\

Butrans has been ok. No complaints besides its a little weak. I started with the 5, now I'm on the max 20. They're just kinda blah. I guess it works differently for everyone.

Yes Flexeril is complete CRAP. I've tried bacoflen(something like that) and there was another one.... Oh zanaflex. Both sucked.