The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Road trip for quality H

RTrain

Bluelighter
I was wondering if anyone has ever made a road trip for the purpose of getting higher quality product? The product being heroin. In the Boston area everything seems to be stepped on to about 20-30%, I hear of not so distant cities with much higher purity. There are other incentives I won't mention that would make this trip reasonable, too, but I won't get into them. Because as far as I am concerned the purer the safer it is, less cut is ideal, especially if you are IV-ing. Anyone have a take on this, or maybe similar experiences they have heard about/know about in which taking a decent ride was worth it?

I used to ride from way upstate to NYC. Worth it while I was doing it, but not in retrospect.

Yeah areas all around you are gonna be well worth the drive in terms of finding a more cost effective and cleaner/purer product. I used to drive 6 hours one way into Jersey and pick up a brick and ended up with way better gear and a much larger quantity for the same price.

The northeast has its hotspots for some of the greatest quality heroin, so the answer is since you're in the northeast i would say it is reasonable to make the trip. I strongly recommend avoiding open air markets, as they operate a sling-and-sting business relationship with the local PD.

I would avoid NYC heroin unless you have very reliable connections. The purest product closest to you is coming out of Northern Jersey and you don't have to go far before the purity is half and the price is double.

i live in NY, Buffalo to be exact, and i have had dope from NEw York City, and the purity wasnt too much stronger...if u can get heroin by the gram, then u will have higher purity, cuz dealers buy grams, open it up, cut the gram turning it into 2-3-4-5 more grams, and put them in little bags...dealers make bags weak for a reason and only *no prices*, and put stamps on it, to make u think ur getting good shit cuz this logo is on it, or these bags have a lil more, or this dope looks darker then the other...nationwide wherever u go all dope is roughly going to be around the same purity range not to far off between eachother....unloess in rare cicrumstances u get lucky...here in buffalo, you need atleast 3-4 bags to get a rush, and a 2 hour high, if u have to spend *no prices* for ONE HIGH, its garbage...i used to buy a bundle, and dump 7 bags in a cap and shoot at once..for a 3 hour high..its too stepped on...if u go to low level dealers that sell it in them baggies ur gonna get garbage, if u got a mid level dealer that sells it by the gram, chances are its not stomped on and cut, cuz low level dealers buy gramss, and stomp on it and bag it up,

and be careful, there is this cut they put in dope, tricking the user into thinking its BOMB SHIT , when in reality its horse tranqulizer or whatever, it appears as a dark thick powder, and the high seems to last for hours, and nausea for hours on end, its not good heroin, its just another drug prolly structurally similiar to an opioid..i see it come around every now and then, and it does kill people..its not good dope...heroin shouldnt keep u high for 6 hours straight, its a fast acting opiate..thats a tell tale sign

Last edited by a moderator:
The bigger cities in upstate new york tend to see a few importers of the southeast asian heroin whereas your tristate area is more run by dominicans with the south american dope with some imports from southwest asia as well. Buffalo as mentioned is one of the drop locations for the SE Asian variety which explains what opiatekrzy is saying. Really if you're in Boston you should be getting pure shit if you play the right cards, that's a packaged distribution location along with Newark, Philidelphia, B-More and DC. These are areas where really pure shit is bagged up into bundles at mass quantity.

I don't really agree with what opiatekrzy is saying is true about buying it by the gram being more pure, it can go either way.. They do the 10 bag bundle way at these locations because the street level dealers are amateurs and expendable, and need an easy price per unit sales pitch that doesn't involve room for error. The heroin comes in and goes to the mentioned locations and is packaged as such.

When you get cut product, the only explanation is that you got middle manned between your location and one of the distro areas, and if you're in a hot spot and getting bunk dope then you are extremely close to the people who are cutting it...

The single bag unit should only contain around .33-.34mg of high purity light colored powder, this sets up the pricing and quantity to match up at the 'Brick' (5 bundles/50 units) which would be a 1/16th gram of pure heroin. When you see dark product or "FAT BAGS" such as 100mg bags, you're getting cut dope. That's a clever trick to make you think you're getting 1 gram bundles when really you're getting less than 350mg per bundle, and 700-800mg bisquick or whatever was in Shanaynay's Mom's cabinet... that allows the price to be inflated up to four times its actual value.

As for cuts that deceive the user, theoretically anything can be used. I've seen larger organizations in upstate new york cut good quality heroin 50/50 with a 50/50 mixture of diphenhydramine and vitamin B complex, but small time kiddie flippers will sell you anything that can be powdered.

Last edited:
Ya good dope I'm Boston can be hard to find. We do have an entire thread devoted to MA state dope. Check it out.

Thanks for the answers everyone, very appreciated...and I have briefly checked out the MA thread. It is pretty long so I think I dived in around mid point after finding it on a google search. MA is weird, it seems Boston actually isn't the best area, at least no better than some areas like Springfield, Worcester, Lowell, Lynn, Lawrence and such. I think all the college students and their deep pockets due to mom and dad cause prices to be jacked up in the areas you might be willing to walk into as a young white guy.

The only way I would take a long road trip is if I knew the guy I was buying from very well. Otherwise it's just a crap shoot like buying open air is.

From what I have researched, that seems to be the case. Paterson, NJ is the place I have circled. My main issue is getting a friend tor 2 to realize this is well worth the effort. I think he is too skeptical, and is to willing to just sit there and be raped by the people we deal with.

Obviously I haven't tested the stuff in a lab, but my best guess is my stuff is ~30%, and obviously it fluctuates. Is it rally logical to think you can get stuff >60%, especially in an open air market?

Are you from here or just living here? The reason I ask is because anytime I've gone anywhere people know where I'm from which means they know I'm not local. Just saying man because travelers are targets. People are gonna know that you probably will never see them again and there's no reason to build any kind of professional relationship.

hit philly mane.
idk
i know people who make trips to baltimore to get better dope than the local shit but thats only 2 hours both ways (not including the time you spend actually copping it)

yeah that not bad. I mean I'd be looking at a day trip, head out early AM, spend the day working, and once it was done head home. Travel 6-8 hours. round trip. Not that bad if you are getting a much better deal and you only do it every 3-4 weeks or so. The main issue I look at is finding a person and risking getting robbed for the necessary money I would be putting up to make the trip worthwhile. My habits not that crazy, 8-10 Gs of legit fire would last me a solid month.

Never have, never will.
I live in south jersey and only go to one place for dope, and it's about a 35-45 minute drive there.
Won't even travel to paterson or newark.. Too far for me, and gas money would be cutting into my stash money. Not worth it.
I guess your situation is different though.. The stuff i get is pretty good.

most random city I've done heroin in - Easton Pa

always wanted to check out Paterson and compare and contrast

not enough to actually waste a couple hours doing it though

I've spent a lot of time dope-stoming the tri-state area, namely Paterson, Eastern LI, Brooklyn, Yonkers, and also Upstate in Utica, NY. I've also done quite a bit of research on DEA purity reports. When using dope, i would find myself going through many periods of light use, heavy use, incomprehensible use, and then detox. That was the cycle over and over. I'm pretty sure that 'fire' heroin in those areas (which is pretty much the only grade) is 60% pure at the lowest point, and it's not unheard of for test reports to come back at 90%. Good quality is said to be 70-80% with low quality being 20-30% in those areas, scramble would be 1-10%. I know that a friend of mine and myself would weigh our bags all the time and usually found the Northern Jersey bags to be the best, and usually always weighed 33mg. We found that 3 roxicodone 30mgs injected was quite a bit weaker than a SINGLE BAG of dope.

Now, there are many rural areas in upstate NY that sell total junk, where average dope is ineffective when snorted, and when IVd a bag would feel similar to 50-60mg of hydrocodone with a rush. The 'fire' found in those locations was able to be snorted, and IVd i'd say was similar to 30mg oxycodone. I would imagine that the regular stuff there is 1-10% and fire is probably 20-30%. But in those areas the bags are also 2-3x heavier.

Who knows really.

They say national average is 40%, with fire being reaching the 90% range!!!! Shitty gear hovers round 5% and may have particles of kibbles n bits in that shit.

From what I have researched, that seems to be the case. Paterson, NJ is the place I have circled. My main issue is getting a friend tor 2 to realize this is well worth the effort. I think he is too skeptical, and is to willing to just sit there and be raped by the people we deal with.

Listen yo, I would give you this advice, and keep in mind that its kind of outdated since my days as a street coppin feen are in the past. But paterson is NOT THE PLACE YOU WANNA GO TO COLD COP if you aint from Jersey.

Newark is a big ass fucking city. Paterson is a SMALL city, with a enormous heroin problem and TNT squads out the fucking ass. (tactical narcotix taskforce). They go hard in paterson. There is periods of hot and not so hot dont get me wrong, but all I can tell you is I got out the street coppin game when I got arrested down there and then barely a month or two later got rolled up on again by the same squad, played the "look I still have money, so how could i have copped yet if i had copped Id have no money" game with them and got let go, and then like every single week someone I knew or one of my ridin partners got hit by the TNT boys down there and I just said enough. It just got too hot. That was a few years ago so take it with a grain of salt.

However i CAN tell you that Paterson IMO is always significantly hotter than Newark. Paterson you get cheaper bags and it can be a crap shoot of the quality. Lately the fire has been coming back form what i hear tho. Some people swear by Newark, I personally never really noticed that huge of a difference except that newark bags are usually a buck or two more expensive per bag.

If you insist on makin a dope road trip try newark. that is my suggestion. There is a lot of white people in newark. Its a "real" city. theres business, stadium, etc there. PLUS, route 280, 78, the parkway, and even parts of route 20 bring you very near to spots where you can cop at so its easier to pull the "got lost off the highway" shit there.

See newark HAS THINGS IN IT....Things that people go to...reasons for people who dont live there to go there. Paterson is pretty much just a fuckin dope hole as far as the cops are concerned, Me I could tell you the non-drug nice things about paterson all day as someone who has spent lots of time there UNRELATED to drugs, but you aint gonna be able to get away with as much excuse in paterson as newark. And the paterson cops are NASTY. You better off in a bigger city that sees large amounts of out of state people passing thru via the parkway, major highways that cut right thru it, etc, than paterson which 99% of white folks who go there under the age of 35 are just lookin to cop.

If you are driving into a city renowned all over the eastern coast for being a place to cop heroin, and you drive up in there with out of state plates and know NOTHING AT ALL about the neighborhood youre in, you are really increasin your odds of getting fucked by the cops. People always talk about beiin scared of the neighborhood or the dboys in it. Na, the cops is who you gotta look out for.

Once again..its been a minute since I been out in the streets (well at least for dope. Never really stay out the streets 100% but as far as coppin goes its been a long time.) Thing change week to week never mind year to year. But I htink its safe to say that some whiteboys with out of state plates, randomly cruising around the d blocks of the hood, are gona stick the fuck out and be prime TNT bait.

You need a guide, yo. ANd forget about the hwole pay a crackhead ten bucks and buy him a rock to show you the dope spot. Na, I mean you need to make some dopehead connections , other users, professional junkie dope coppers who make that trip everyday or three times a day or whatever, who can tell you whats good, maybe roll with you. Dont ask me how to do that because if youre smart you can figure it out.

In either paterson OR newark, street copping is easy as a fucking brand new fresh 30g slippin into a vein 9 outa 10 times but that 10th time you gotta look out for. And you REALLY DONT WANT TO END UP SICK AS FUCK , OUT OF STATE, IN PCJ! Or 'the green monster' for that matter. either one sucks,. thats why i say...be fucking smart.....you need a straight up tactical plan for ths shit

Last edited:
I've spent a lot of time dope-stoming the tri-state area, namely Paterson, Eastern LI, Brooklyn, Yonkers, and also Upstate in Utica, NY. I've also done quite a bit of research on DEA purity reports. When using dope, i would find myself going through many periods of light use, heavy use, incomprehensible use, and then detox. That was the cycle over and over. I'm pretty sure that 'fire' heroin in those areas (which is pretty much the only grade) is 60% pure at the lowest point, and it's not unheard of for test reports to come back at 90%. Good quality is said to be 70-80% with low quality being 20-30% in those areas, scramble would be 1-10%. I know that a friend of mine and myself would weigh our bags all the time and usually found the Northern Jersey bags to be the best, and usually always weighed 33mg. We found that 3 roxicodone 30mgs injected was quite a bit weaker than a SINGLE BAG of dope.

Now, there are many rural areas in upstate NY that sell total junk, where average dope is ineffective when snorted, and when IVd a bag would feel similar to 50-60mg of hydrocodone with a rush. The 'fire' found in those locations was able to be snorted, and IVd i'd say was similar to 30mg oxycodone. I would imagine that the regular stuff there is 1-10% and fire is probably 20-30%. But in those areas the bags are also 2-3x heavier.

Who knows really.

They say national average is 40%, with fire being reaching the 90% range!!!! Shitty gear hovers round 5% and may have particles of kibbles n bits in that shit.

Upstate New York sounds pretty similar to my scene, several miles outside of Boston. When its 'fire' as you said, its most certainly not more than 40%, and I would wager it not being more than 30%. I still takes a good sized line to get lit, and I consider my tolerance to be low. My old guy says he use to do 10-15 80s a day before he switched over. My tolerance before switching was 5-7 30s a day, or equivalent to 2-3 80s. His bags weight out to ~.2, I could do 2-3 a day. He must do 10-15x .2s(2-3Gs of powder) a day. The amazing thing about this dude is he never IV'd as far as I know. At least he says he still snorts it and I believe him. But its insane how much powder he must put up his nose.

But in that math is how I figure my purity, needing 400-600 mgs of substance to get me going, if I would just assume mg:mg H and oxy are =, and I know they are not exactly.

Listen yo, I would give you this advice, and keep in mind that its kind of outdated since my days as a street coppin feen are in the past. But paterson is NOT THE PLACE YOU WANNA GO TO COLD COP if you aint from Jersey.

Newark is a big ass fucking city. Paterson is a SMALL city, with a enormous heroin problem and TNT squads out the fucking ass. (tactical narcotix taskforce). They go hard in paterson. There is periods of hot and not so hot dont get me wrong, but all I can tell you is I got out the street coppin game when I got arrested down there and then barely a month or two later got rolled up on again by the same squad, played the "look I still have money, so how could i have copped yet if i had copped Id have no money" game with them and got let go, and then like every single week someone I knew or one of my ridin partners got hit by the TNT boys down there and I just said enough. It just got too hot. That was a few years ago so take it with a grain of salt.

However i CAN tell you that Paterson IMO is always significantly hotter than Newark. Paterson you get cheaper bags and it can be a crap shoot of the quality. Lately the fire has been coming back form what i hear tho. Some people swear by Newark, I personally never really noticed that huge of a difference except that newark bags are usually a buck or two more expensive per bag.

If you insist on makin a dope road trip try newark. that is my suggestion. There is a lot of white people in newark. Its a "real" city. theres business, stadium, etc there. PLUS, route 280, 78, the parkway, and even parts of route 20 bring you very near to spots where you can cop at so its easier to pull the "got lost off the highway" shit there.

See newark HAS THINGS IN IT....Things that people go to...reasons for people who dont live there to go there. Paterson is pretty much just a fuckin dope hole as far as the cops are concerned, Me I could tell you the non-drug nice things about paterson all day as someone who has spent lots of time there UNRELATED to drugs, but you aint gonna be able to get away with as much excuse in paterson as newark. And the paterson cops are NASTY. You better off in a bigger city that sees large amounts of out of state people passing thru via the parkway, major highways that cut right thru it, etc, than paterson which 99% of white folks who go there under the age of 35 are just lookin to cop.

If you are driving into a city renowned all over the eastern coast for being a place to cop heroin, and you drive up in there with out of state plates and know NOTHING AT ALL about the neighborhood youre in, you are really increasin your odds of getting fucked by the cops. People always talk about beiin scared of the neighborhood or the dboys in it. Na, the cops is who you gotta look out for.

Once again..its been a minute since I been out in the streets (well at least for dope. Never really stay out the streets 100% but as far as coppin goes its been a long time.) Thing change week to week never mind year to year. But I htink its safe to say that some whiteboys with out of state plates, randomly cruising around the d blocks of the hood, are gona stick the fuck out and be prime TNT bait.

You need a guide, yo. ANd forget about the hwole pay a crackhead ten bucks and buy him a rock to show you the dope spot. Na, I mean you need to make some dopehead connections , other users, professional junkie dope coppers who make that trip everyday or three times a day or whatever, who can tell you whats good, maybe roll with you. Dont ask me how to do that because if youre smart you can figure it out.

In either paterson OR newark, street copping is easy as a fucking brand new fresh 30g slippin into a vein 9 outa 10 times but that 10th time you gotta look out for. And you REALLY DONT WANT TO END UP SICK AS FUCK , OUT OF STATE, IN PCJ! Or 'the green monster' for that matter. either one sucks,. thats why i say...be fucking smart.....you need a straight up tactical plan for ths shit

I see were you are coming from. Honestly it makes complete sense now that you put it that way. Its kind of like trying to go to Lynn, MA rather than Boston for the same reason. Lynn is a city maybe 10 miles north of Boston, its not nice area. Probably nicer than Paterson, but Boston is nicer than Newark, too. So you see what I mean. '

Thanks for the input, BTW

TNT, haha. Reminds me of where I go to cop, man..
Fuckin' cops out the ass it seems. It's a hell hole where I cop at.
Cops all over the place. 3-4 cops walking in a group on about every damn block.
Luckily I'll be able to cop at atleast one block with good dope. Sometimes it doesn't always go as planned and I have to cop something I usually wouldn't.
But, I'm not even scared of the cops.. I have a perfect stash spot, and I've been searched numerous times before & they never found it.
Its gotten me out of a heap of trouble. Unfortunately, I slipped up and placed a bag with barely any dope in my cig pack, and got bum-rushed by the po-po unsuspectingly.
Never going to do that again.

If you have a good dope spot, and I don't mean your shoes/ass crack, then you don't have anything to worry about.