• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Ritalin Withdrawal Duration

profusional

Greenlighter
Hello

I was on 200-300 mg of Ritalin daily for 7 months, now tapered down to a maintenance dose of 120 mg a day with the prescription of a psychiatrist. I am on day 10 of withdrawals on the lower dose but the symptoms (depression, anxiety, fatigue primarily) are not subsiding noticeably. How much longer should I expect before I can start to feel noticeably better? I am non-functional at work except momentarily at the times the Ritalin peaks, working a high-pressure long-hour job in finance. I need to revert to being semi-functional ASAP at the maintenance dose. I am also being prescribed 40 mg of Valium daily and increasing the Valium dose does not seem to help much. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Hello

I was on 200-300 mg of Ritalin daily for 7 months, now tapered down to a maintenance dose of 120 mg a day with the prescription of a psychiatrist. I am on day 10 of withdrawals on the lower dose but the symptoms (depression, anxiety, fatigue primarily) are not subsiding noticeably. How much longer should I expect before I can start to feel noticeably better? I am non-functional at work except momentarily at the times the Ritalin peaks, working a high-pressure long-hour job in finance. I need to revert to being semi-functional ASAP at the maintenance dose. I am also being prescribed 40 mg of Valium daily and increasing the Valium dose does not seem to help much. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thank you
I was taking roughly 90 mg a day of Watson generic Ritalin because it specifically was the only one without talc or silicon dioxide and I was insufflating them. I got into a weird area where I was convinced I had parasites specifically related to botflies I'll just leave it at that. You don't need to know about the time I visited the veterinarian with my dog but it was really for me I wanted treatment from a veterinarian that's where my headspace was at.
I would run out early every month and be incapacitated with by depression and fatigue.
Eventually I wound up in the hospital because of withdrawals from Methadone and benzodiazepines as well. Sounds like you're getting on that treadmill which could result in very bad behaviors over which you have little control. I don't know why you're taking valium at all what you need to consider is drinking coffee and perhaps taking ephedrine(brand name bronkaid available at the pharmacy look for bronkaid Max without the guaifenesin)

Yeah I was about to recommend the same thing. Ephedrine is my answer to this question generally.

I was taking roughly 90 mg a day of Watson generic Ritalin because it specifically was the only one without talc or silicon dioxide and I was insufflating them. I got into a weird area where I was convinced I had parasites specifically related to botflies I'll just leave it at that. You don't need to know about the time I visited the veterinarian with my dog but it was really for me I wanted treatment from a veterinarian that's where my headspace was at.
I would run out early every month and be incapacitated with by depression and fatigue.
Eventually I wound up in the hospital because of withdrawals from Methadone and benzodiazepines as well. Sounds like you're getting on that treadmill which could result in very bad behaviors over which you have little control. I don't know why you're taking valium at all what you need to consider is drinking coffee and perhaps taking ephedrine(brand name bronkaid available at the pharmacy look for bronkaid Max without the guaifenesin)

Yeah interestingly I also experience a case of delusional parasitosis from the intensely psychotic combination of high dose methylphenidate abuse and benzo withdrawal. Frankly I think it was mostly the benzo withdrawal but the methylphenidate abuse I am sure fanned the flames and added a sort of frenetic intensity.

I'm curious which country has ephedrine available otc? It's called Bronkaid?

My purpose is for stimulant effect and possibly weight loss. I was prescribed an amphetamine for adhd but I'm currently in the Philippines and the sole adhd medicine available here is Ritalin, which is something I have never tried. I should be able to get a prescription for it.

I was on Vyvanse, then Dexedrine/dextroamphetamine, then Adderall. All were good. I hope Ritalin is just as effective. I don't care about Modafinil.

Ephedrine is available in canada but its sold in 50 packs of 8mg tablets.

I used ephedrine for about 15 years and quit with no WD, but I have tonnes of the stuff tucked away shoul I ever need it.

It's very cheap. I think its 50 CAD for 25 packs

I used ephedrine for about 15 years and quit with no WD, but I have tonnes of the stuff tucked away shoul I ever need it.

So it's sold as ephedrine, not as Bronkaid? That's not bad but Bronkaid is 25 MG from the information I found. A lot of folks in the bodybuilding world speak highly of ephedra or ma huang as part of their "cutting weight" stack. I think it's sold as an ECA stack (ephedra, caffeine, and aspirin).

No, in canada it's pure ephedrine.

Ma huang contains ephedrine and alot of other alkaloids which can change the effects.. pure ephedrine is much cleaner and you get what you expect.

Nobody uses aspirin in the EC stack anymore as it was shown not to increase the effects at all in studies back in the early 2000s.

When I used it, I used 16mg ephedrine 100mg caffeine anhydrous 3-4 x per day

Nice and clean

Hello

Thank you

Why would INCREASING the dose of a depressant such as Valium help if you suffer from depression and fatigue? That's what Valium is doing, it causes fatigue and ultimately depression, trust me on that. If anything, I would try to reduce Valium if you suffer from fatigue at your lower Ritalin dose. I bet you could just lower the dose of valium to 20mg or even 10mg per day without any issues. In my experience, long acting benzos can be reduced without causing obvious withdrawal. I suspect that you are also abusing the Ritalin to counter the depressant effect of high dose (40mg is too much) Valium. I know how and why that happens, I was a heavy "upper - downer" type addict, with speed (amphetamine) in the morning and benzos and booze in the evenings. I needed both to function, speed to get anything done and downers to find sleep eventually. Very bad habit, you deteriorate quickly.

Regarding ephedrine: I seriously doubt that Ephedrine will help someone who is heavily addicted to powerful stimulants. Anyways, 120mg of Ritalin has to be enough to function properly, even for an addict. Cut down the valium, I think that will help a lot.

I'm curious which country has ephedrine available otc? It's called Bronkaid?

My purpose is for stimulant effect and possibly weight loss. I was prescribed an amphetamine for adhd but I'm currently in the Philippines and the sole adhd medicine available here is Ritalin, which is something I have never tried. I should be able to get a prescription for it.

I was on Vyvanse, then Dexedrine/dextroamphetamine, then Adderall. All were good. I hope Ritalin is just as effective. I don't care about Modafinil.
Vyvanse Adderall dexedrine these are all ADHD drugs so I'm assuming you lived in another country when you took them.

Ritalin is the prototypical drug in this category however no reliable objective tests or criteria exist to determine what extent one is suffering from so-called ADHD and how much drug is required apart from subjective perception of the doctor or psychiatrist given what the patient tells them which is why anyone can get Adderall or Vyvanse or even dexedrine just for asking. There are no objective physiological tests apart from checklist type questions and answers which is why they are given mostly to the parents of younger children who provide the answers and rarely for adults and older children

There's little evidence it's a real disease with clearly delineated and clinically observable symptoms and even thinner evidence of cause, apart from an education system where children are imprisoned and demoralized, forced to perform pointless tasks in the little time not consumed with prison yard socialization, behavioral & discipline problems often brought from violent and abusive homes and confinement with similarly bored out of their skulls young people. For many children public schools are the first place they will experience assault.

Couldn't the argument be made that kids displaying the laundry list of ADHD symptoms are unhappy and fighting back. It's not a disease but a reflection they still have a spirit and a soul left?

Last edited:

That's the appropriate dose to start on. I'm happy with half a 25 mg tab and sometimes that feels like too much