• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ritalin with SSRI

TmdRockz

Greenlighter
i was on Luvox 50mg for few months now . i started taking ritalin 10mg 3 days ago. first day i had an amazing focus ability so i studied well . day 2 - a thought came to my mind to reduce luvox to 25mg and Ritalin didnt work after that . so day 3 i took the luvox usual 50mg and took 10mg ritalin it made me restless and i had racing thoughts. had it for almost 3 hours couldnt concentrate . what the hell is going on here guys ? im pretty stressed uo because we have no way to get adderall and only thing we can get is Ritalin . so after the first day i was very happy about how i can do studies well with this drug. now its not working, what should i do ? i need to get rid of this luvox shit it isnt working . so how long should i wait to take another 10mg of ritalin ? 3 days ? im not taking luvox from today i need to completely stop it. it made me unable to concentrate sometimes when reading a book . ah another thing, i had coffee in the morning before taking ritalin , does it change anything ?

Hi there and welcome to BL. What are you prescribed the luvox and ritalin for? ADHD?

You shouldn't stop and start SSRIs abruptly, and that could account for your experience. Caffeine can also affect concentration and attention, though if you use it habitually it's not likely to have too much effect. Also bear in mind it can take a few weeks for things to settle down when you first start a new drug - it's not unusual for ups and downs to occur.

You should really be discussing this with your doctor though - why don't you book an appointment?

A few years ago i was prescribed rittalin 27mg for ADD, i stopped using it because i tought myself how to focus on my own without the help of rittalin. It was about last week where i found my old prescription bottle inside of my cabinet. Since i have been using drugs more often, i took 2 27mgs, and then i had racing thoughts and the unability too eat or sleep for about 8 hours. Its kinda weird for that to happen on your first few days of using it, maybe consult a doctor to change it or something