• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

"Ritalin lung"

Joanabanana

Greenlighter
Hi guys, long time no see hehe. So I was put on ritalin LA (long acting) again. 40mg.
I sometimes on it 3 months for work or whatever. Then stop. So, curiously, whenever I start taking this, I develop some sort of tired/sore throat, constant cough with green productives out of my nose . No fever, but a heavy pressure on my neck which hurts when I try to blow my nose.
My doctor checked me out and said it's probably bronchitis.
These symptoms last two weeks, I get better, then one month later I get it all again.
I read about Ritalin lung somewhere online, and I wonder if it's true. I never get ill while I'm not on ritalin...

Thanks!!

Hi guys, long time no see hehe. So I was put on ritalin LA (long acting) again. 40mg.
I sometimes on it 3 months for work or whatever. Then stop. So, curiously, whenever I start taking this, I develop some sort of tired/sore throat, constant cough with green productives out of my nose . No fever, but a heavy pressure on my neck which hurts when I try to blow my nose.
My doctor checked me out and said it's probably bronchitis.
These symptoms last two weeks, I get better, then one month later I get it all again.
I read about Ritalin lung somewhere online, and I wonder if it's true. I never get ill while I'm not on ritalin...

Thanks!!

Are you injecting these? Or maybe snorting them? If not then there shouldn't be an issue.

No, I just take them orally. Is it possible then that stimulants may cause upper respiratory infection or disease? I only notice this when I take it on a daily basis.. but I could be wrong.

I tend to get sick much easier when I'm binging on stimuants (and by that, I mean just taking them every day in doses enough to get high). Although if it happens every time, then that's probably not what it is.

I also tend to get sick when on stims namely Methamp, sinus infections, sore throat the whole 9. Not all the time but especially this time of the year with all the pollen

It could be it could be not. We don't know since we're not omnipotent. All knowing but it seems it could be it. There's serdexmethylphenidate released in 2021.maybe that can be an option.

I have chronic fatigue and can't get anymore ritalin. Anyone know a good source?
You’ve been warned in another thread and this will be your last warning. Sourcing is not allowed on BL. The next time you post sourcing you will be infracted. Please read the BLUA.

Any stimulant will do this to you in my experience. Especially like adderall or Ritalin. My only explanation is your immune system takes a hit you eat less sleep less and it causes inflammation in the throat and lungs for some reason.

Do you smoke or vape?