• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ritalin - first time in a long time, strange experience

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
I was prescribed this previously, and took it for over a year at 20 mg per day, with a nice energy boost for a few hours.

I was at the time also taking mirtazapine and some SSRI based combo drug.

I never "tripped out" or felt euphoric.

More recently I had a stainless steel surgical implant that I suspect was leaching heavy metals into my blood (and thus brain), removed - and have since discontinued mirtazapine and SSRI's.

I'm basically wasted tired all the time now, and spend days in bed at a time, with the occasional trip to the gym for a super light session - to try and at least keep my muscles activated.
But - I don't have the crushing anxiety and depression I had previously; I'm chill. Fucked in bed all the time with no appetite and no functionality - but chill.

To try and boost energy, I hit my former dose of 20 mg ritalin this evening.
No energy boost - but a peculiar sensation in my brain, like a lightness - followed by a euphoria'esque happiness that I haven't felt in a long long time.

When I was on mirtazapine with SSRI's - I was highly sociable and mood was positive, but I switched to more potent noradrenergics like atomoxetine replacing the SSRI, which boosted my energy dramatically, but made me pretty much completely a-social, to the point I started having verbal arguments with people (women, actually - only women), be it in nightclubs or just on a day to day basis.

Anyways - I'm unhappy with this newfound ritalin situation cause, I'm normally very positive and productive minded and, don't want my happiness to be based on an external chemical substance.

But it was - trippy.

I just felt so - floaty - like nothing in the world could get me down (still fucked in bed though).

However - I had also been looking for an "escape" based drug for the last while, just to pass the time as much as anything whilst I await for blood tests and treatment by doctors.
Tried ketamine, cannabis (edible - horrible experience!!), psilocybin (no effect - cancelled via mirtazapine I think).

Ritalin in monotherapy (no mirtazapine or atomoxetine etc), certainly feels situation changing, good feeling.

If I wanted to explore this line of "therapy" further - dexamphetamine or what else, may be a longer lasting option (half life wise - cause ritalin in only 4 hours)?

Is there a significant "crash" with dexamphetamine vs ritalin?

How does the effect of those drugs compare with Ritalin?