• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants ritalin clean-out phase

e92

Bluelighter
i'm prescribed ritalin and for the past month or so i've been using ritalin on a pretty consistent basis.. not every day but fairly consistently. my sleep schedule is almost always fucked, so if i wake up at 5pm i'll start a ritalin binge at night and stay up all night in an attempt to "get my hours back on track" lol yeah right.

in cases like that, over the course of 24 hours i will take an average of 120 - 160mg. once even up to 240mg. then i'll take a break for a day or two then do the same thing.

how long should i lay off them for in order to sort of "reset" my brain and give it a break? because even on those couple days in between the binges i don't feel 100% i feel kind of zoned out.

i still want to continue using ritalin, i genuinely need the medication sometimes but definitely not with the consistency / dosages i am currently taking. i feel like it's starting to get out of hand because i know how exactly how addictions go and the phases, and i'm not trying to go down that road again with ritalin.

Tough to say exactly how long it will take, it comes down to the individual, but using therapeutic doses and not going on "binges", is defenitely a start.

- Hopeless