• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ritalin and l-dopa, Potentiation?

Rafayte

Bluelighter
Due to ADD I take Ritalin IR daily. I often use to take Ritalin with ginseng and coffee but today I have buyed Mucuna pruriens extract 200mg caps at 50% so there is 100mg l-dopa per cap. Forty minutes ago I had 30mg orally IR Ritalin with a cap of mucuna extract with l-dopa 100mg. Does l-dopa enhances Ritalin effect? Can I still take other mucuna cap with l-dopa 100mg? Too I am drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes. In the morning two hours ago I toke desvenlafaxine 100mg and pregabalin 50mg and three hours ago I toke methadone 60mg.
I appreciate help.
Thanks.

About two hours after take 30mg IR Ritalin with 200mg Mucuna pruriens extract with l-dopa 100mg I have taken other 30mg orally IR Ritalin with two caps of mucuna which are 200mg l-dopa. I am still drinking coffee and now smoking a cigar

Be careful it may be a supplement but your messing with a parkinsons drug. Id. Check drugs.com for professionals dosing to atleast make sure your not taking crazy doses.

Right now I have had 30mg orally IR Ritalin with a cap of Mucuna pruriens with 100mg l-dopa. For Parkinson doctors use synthetic pure l-dopa with carbidopa both together. Mucuna pruriens have been used in India traditional medicine since 5000 years ago for more than 200 problems like depression. Mucuna pruriens is more safety than synthetic pure l-dopa which is more toxic and leads more side effects. Today I have token three 30mg orally doses of Ritalin, the first with a cap of mucuna, the second with two caps and now the third with one cap. Meanwhile I am drinking coffee and smoking tobacco.

Did anything happen since adding it?

I am not sure about "Mucuna pruriens is more safety than synthetic pure l-dopa which is more toxic and leads more side effects". Can you elaborate on how a natural chemical would be less toxic and with less side effects than the same identical chemical made synthetically?

By it being used for 5000 years are you suggesting that makes it relatively safe ?

I know a compound is the same in a plant than synthetic but is different take synthetic pure l-dopa than take the plant that doesn't only contains l-dopa but it contains a lot of other compounds that produce a different effect than only l-dopa pure. And I think that a traditional use along 5000 years is a reason for its security