• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

ritalin and alkaline water

Joanabanana

Greenlighter
Hi everyone! Ive followed this forum for a few years but only registered now to ask a question, or maybe more later.
Ive been diagnosed with ADHD when i was 12. Im now 34, and recently started working after having a few children. The well paid jobs require a certain focus, but after a few months ive been fired from three jobs, which I have qualifications to do, but wasnt unable to because my mind flies everywhere else. So ive been to the Dr. and he prescribed me ritalin LA 20mg. Im familiar with this, i used to take it before embarking on having children.
But i now also suffer from stomach acid. I never take proton inhibitors or tums as treatment because they have a bad reputation for causing kidney problems. However, im used to drink alkaline water of 9.2 ph, which calms my heart burn greatly.
so my question is simple, does alkaline water interfere with the ritalin in a negative way, or should i stop that water and drink the normal kind?
Thank everyone! x

Hi everyone! Ive followed this forum for a few years but only registered now to ask a question, or maybe more later.
Ive been diagnosed with ADHD when i was 12. Im now 34, and recently started working after having a few children. The well paid jobs require a certain focus, but after a few months ive been fired from three jobs, which I have qualifications to do, but wasnt unable to because my mind flies everywhere else. So ive been to the Dr. and he prescribed me ritalin LA 20mg. Im familiar with this, i used to take it before embarking on having children.
But i now also suffer from stomach acid. I never take proton inhibitors or tums as treatment because they have a bad reputation for causing kidney problems. However, im used to drink alkaline water of 9.2 ph, which calms my heart burn greatly.
so my question is simple, does alkaline water interfere with the ritalin in a negative way, or should i stop that water and drink the normal kind?
Thank everyone! x
Why wouldn’t you discuss this with your doctor I don’t see alkaline water and Ritalin having any drug interactions whatsoever

thanks for the reply. im actually being genuine. I dont ask my doctor because he once told me that alkaline water is not good for people and it shouldnt be drank. :)

It might actually help. Because they say that acidic things make adderall , Ritalin less potent or absorbed so something basic will help or at least not hurt

When I took Vitamin R prescribed for low blood pressure I took it with an antacid on purpose so it would last longer. Also because I took it with caffeine, which increases stomach acid production.

That's actually interesting that the anti acids help. ?
When I used to take it years ago with normal water, the effect was good.

I took it for the first time at the beginning of this week and it didn't work so well, but then I remembered I didn't have any food. So now I eat a small something a few minutes after I take it and it works fine even with alkaline h20.

Thank you everyone for the replies. ?

Antacids do much the same thing for methadone and related drugs like dextropropoxyphene and similar open-chain narcotics . . .. conversely, Vitamin C and other urine and systemic acidifiers help the body clear it more rarpidly . . ..

It would appear that Amphetamines and Methylphenidate analogs actually are benefited by an alkaline environment and alkaline urine. I am not conferring with any outside source for this one, I just understand from personal experience that this would seem to be the same for Methylphenidate (Ritalin) itself. You definitely will not hurt yourself by having an alkaline environment and it might indeed benefit you.