• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Risperdal and abilify together

Nikoslp

Greenlighter
I have been taking risperdal 6 MG for 6 months + for voices,and recently got prescribed abilify 10mg and have been taking it since Monday
How well they work together? I feel like very depressed and i believe that I have anhedonia but my doctor says that it's not possible.(I also take fluoxetine 20mg and biperiden(akineton)4mg(2mg twice a day)
Could I feel like that because of the meds?I can still laugh sometimes but I feel very depressed and have panic attacks a couple times a day.
Risperdal helps with voices and paranoia but not 100% and I have a lot of side effects
I feel so bad I rather have voices than be depressed like this

I don't have first hand experience but a friend took Risperdal and stopped because he felt to numb.

6mg is a very high dose of risperidone and would be expected to produce some anhedonia and emotional numbness. I don't know why a doctor would say that's not possible, it's probably the most well known and established side effect of antipsychotics.

I tolerated 2mg quite well, though. My doctor really did not want to give me more than that.

You could try switching to a different medication. Certain antipsychotics gave me more side effects than others.

I feel so bad I rather have voices than be depressed like this
I would be honest and tell this to your doctor. See if you can switch.

Generally, clozapine is attempted before two antipsychotics. There is little data, but many psychiatrists use two for treatment resistant psychotic disorders. I love this psych on Youtube. He gets into the details of how to choose two. In my experience with the crazies I've known in my life, it's usually haloperidol and Zyprexa. I've known two people who were on this.