• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Risks with drugs - Prohibition.

fermonos

Bluelighter
Has anyone ever noticed, that on news reports of people dying/hospitalised on drugs and especially illegal ones they always mention that the biggest risk with using illegal drugs is that there is no quality control.

Meaning, there is no quality control on these drugs. There are problems with purity and contaminants, and there is no way of checking that what is purchased or consumed is the intended substance. The reason why all this is true is because the drugs are illegal. So if they just made drugs legal, then all this could be stopped. Not to mention, a lot of deaths with prescription medication is when people mix them. So if they made drugs legal and stopped criminalising people who use them and instead educate people. It would save a whole lot of lives, and money as well. Also would stop a lot of crime when it comes to the manufacturer of illicit substances.

I just find it so fucking idiotic when reading a news report about people dying on drugs and the reason why is due to the people mixing them which could easily be fixed if you educate people or down to the purity being to high in a certain batch or some retard selling fent as heroin because he doesn't no better. All this could be avoided..

Now I don't mean EVERY drug should be legal, and easily available but why isn't Marijuana legal in most countries, or LSD/MDMA for psychotherapy. I'd go as far to say legalising drugs to the point were there is shops you can enter and buy what you want and then leave and do as you wish but only if you have had education on drugs and done a test passed. You know like you would if you were to buy a gun etc.

Where do you guys stand on all of this? I'd love to hear and debate.

Conclusion/TL;DR -
The authority/government say drugs are so dangerous, yet the reason why many are dangerous is because of the laws set in place to criminalise the use of them. If drugs were made in labs, there would be no accidental overdoses, there would be far less accidental or intentional reports of people taking the wrong drugs, and there would be a lot more help and education in place to promote safe drug use.

Last edited:
Also when I was talking about there being no way to check if a substance you have bought/taken is what you wanted, I mean because almost in every country there is no places you can send drugs off to be tested for purity/identifying so on. I know you can get test kits, but they aren't really widely available and I've even heard of stories of people getting into trouble for buying them which I find utterly ridiculous.

I know we're a long long LONG ways off from legalising a lot of substances but why the fuck are governments making it so hard to take drugs safely. They should be some sort of funding available for companies to take advantage of so they can help people take drugs safely. You get needle exchanges etc and all this other shit for people on smack in the UK. All free, all paid by the gov, even programs to get people of smack.

Then there is absolutely no funding whatsoever for festival hosting events to take advantage of when it comes to HR. I've even seen a few news reports of HR sites for ID'ing pills and powders at festivals being shutdown by the local authority as it promotes the use of drugs. It's gob smacking, it really is. Oh and the HR site was public funded, not government.

Last edited: