• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

RIP Skibadee.

Wounder - with Bluelight the first social networking site other than Youtube I have logged onto today, you, ZB, have provided the sad duty of informing me of this - I fucking loved Skibba despite having attended a considerably lower number of raves as opposed to house and club techno nights once the new Millennium arrived and went.

The deep heat of Summer 2004 however, saw one particularly special reason to give Godskitchen and the like a miss for a weekend to attend the final closing night of one of the most special venues I had grown up with, The Sanctuary Music Arena in Milton Keynes. With Slammin' Vinyl promoting the event it was the first upfront hardcore rave I had attended since Helter Skelters final showcase on NYE 1999/2000 "The Millennium Jam' - I had been back to The Sanctuary a couple of times since then, first for a 100% Old school event by Dreamscape and then for Godskitchen's 5th birthday showcase, only the second time I had been to a 'House'/(Superclub) concept type event at the Sanctuary which otherwise dealt only with Hardcore & D&B promoters. The first one had also been promoted by Godskitchen but was back in 1997 before they established the weekly Birmingham club night. But, back to the summer of '04.....

Slammin-Vinyl-Sanctuary-closing-party-rave-flyer.jpg

With multiple venues across the Denbigh North Leisure complex hosting the Hardcore, Old School and Techno arenas The Sanctuary Music Arena itself, saw Slammin Vinyl team up with BBC1XTRA to host the Drum and Bass arena which saw an amazing line up supported by Skibba from 2 hours prior to sunset to when we were finally shut down about 6.15am on the 11th July 2004. Despite having been to a plethora of raves since then I have not seen Skibba since that night, but as the last person performing alongside the one like the Grooverider it was and has remained a very special and moving moment at the end of a very special night. Thankfully, by 2004 the producers of Rave videos had discovered the power of digital equipment so, while, unlike many of the Helter Skelter and Dreamscape VHS's from 1996 onward I am not visible here, being in the back 3rd of the crowd where a bit of space had developed for voguing. The video does however capture the final couple of minutes of The Sanctuary's existence very well and of course, the legend that is the Skibadee is a central part of the magic. I know 18 years is ridiculous but this was the last time I personally saw him and how I will remember him so - Rest in Power sir xx You were a peerless talent, loved by so many and will be missed xxxx

Please watch if interested in a snapshot of this crazy ass, fun as fuck man....

Last edited:
Rest in Power sir xx You were a peerless talent, loved by so many and will be missed xxxx
Amen 🙏

I had a feeling you would be upset like me. I have decades of memories & that guy is the background music. His style isn't my favourite BUT his still amazing on the mic, a true Jungle legend.

Ugh, mumble rappers before they were a thing. If I could have climbed the stage and drop kicked the mic out of the cunts hands, the whole crowd would have embraced it as the second coming.

KKNMSDLKNSNM<SND<MNHUHLKDJSDHFKJHSDFKJHSD yeah M<NDFLKNDSFKLHSDFLKJSDFLKJDF hold tight LK<NASDLKNMASD<>NASDLKSADN

Shut the fuck up with ya nonsensical ramblings. They were the Yoko's of the rave era.

If it's not come across, I'm not a fan.

But RIP to the family, I'm not that much of a cunt.

;)

Ugh, mumble rappers before they were a thing. If I could have climbed the stage and drop kicked the mic out of the cunts hands, the whole crowd would have embraced it as the second coming.

KKNMSDLKNSNM<SND<MNHUHLKDJSDHFKJHSDFKJHSD yeah M<NDFLKNDSFKLHSDFLKJSDFLKJDF hold tight LK<NASDLKNMASD<>NASDLKSADN

Shut the fuck up with ya nonsensical ramblings. They were the Yoko's of the rave era.

If it's not come across, I'm not a fan.

But RIP to the family, I'm not that much of a cunt.

;)
eye-roll-ugh.gif

Shall we give him an education in the history of Jungle / Drum & Bass or not @steewith2ees?
Skibadee is a Legend in the scene, his spoken of in the same league as Stevie Hyper D, it's clear you know nothing on the history of this music.

It's anything BUT mumble rappers as you call it, that shit came out of the USA & is a total pile of poop, Shabba & Skibadee were running raves way back in the early 1990's, just listen to the track selection to date this & as Shabba says in his one set of lyrics "91 that's the year that Shabba come / rinsin bass & rinsin drum / are you ready for the dappa-don millennium"

The first three seconds of that video is exactly why I hate rave mc’s. It’s just saying shit for the sake of saying shit.

Totally off putting for me. I’m there for the music, not some chicken nugget screeching down a microphone.

It's the cunts with the rave horn that I couldn't stand. Mdma is meant to bring out the inner peace. I don't fucking think so.

Similar sound just louder to this twat, they were longer.

Last edited:
It’s just white noise over the music. Awful
That's fair enough. Its the music that's the main thing still. Its just a particular subgenre again as well as providing a boost to the meta elements that drive dance floors at raves and at clubs.

Some places I could not imagine anything worse, other nights they have felt essential. Then there was this one NYE we had problems with the soundsystem with what we were doing and the mic could not be used all night. We had a pretty comprehensive West Midlands a list MC line up but thankfully the DJ's we had spoke for themselves anyway and the night was fucking badass.

Horses for courses but when one gets an obituary like that it is difficult to deny his impact from an objective manner, no?

Wounder - with Bluelight the first social networking site other than Youtube I have logged onto today, you, ZB, have provided the sad duty of informing me of this - I fucking loved Skibba despite having attended a considerably lower number of raves as opposed to house and club techno nights once the new Millennium arrived and went.

The deep heat of Summer 2004 however, saw one particularly special reason to give Godskitchen and the like a miss for a weekend to attend the final closing night of one of the most special venues I had grown up with, The Sanctuary Music Arena in Milton Keynes. With Slammin' Vinyl promoting the event it was the first upfront hardcore rave I had attended since Helter Skelters final showcase on NYE 1999/2000 "The Millennium Jam' - I had been back to The Sanctuary a couple of times since then, first for a 100% Old school event by Dreamscape and then for Godskitchen's 5th birthday showcase, only the second time I had been to a 'House'/(Superclub) concept type event at the Sanctuary which otherwise dealt only with Hardcore & D&B promoters. The first one had also been promoted by Godskitchen but was back in 1997 before they established the weekly Birmingham club night. But, back to the summer of '04.....

Slammin-Vinyl-Sanctuary-closing-party-rave-flyer.jpg

With multiple venues across the Denbigh North Leisure complex hosting the Hardcore, Old School and Techno arenas The Sanctuary Music Arena itself, saw Slammin Vinyl team up with BBC1XTRA to host the Drum and Bass arena which saw an amazing line up supported by Skibba from 2 hours prior to sunset to when we were finally shut down about 6.15am on the 11th July 2004. Despite having been to a plethora of raves since then I have not seen Skibba since that night, but as the last person performing alongside the one like the Grooverider it was and has remained a very special and moving moment at the end of a very special night. Thankfully, by 2004 the producers of Rave videos had discovered the power of digital equipment so, while, unlike many of the Helter Skelter and Dreamscape VHS's from 1996 onward I am not visible here, being in the back 3rd of the crowd where a bit of space had developed for voguing. The video does however capture the final couple of minutes of The Sanctuary's existence very well and of course, the legend that is the Skibadee is a central part of the magic. I know 18 years is ridiculous but this was the last time I personally saw him and how I will remember him so - Rest in Power sir xx You were a peerless talent, loved by so many and will be missed xxxx

Please watch if interested in a snapshot of this crazy ass, fun as fuck man....

"where a bit of space had developed for voguing" aWW THE GLORIOUS 1990'S. MAN i MISS THE FREEDOM WE HAD IN THOSE DAYS IT SEEMS IT WILL NEVER RETURN.

The first three seconds of that video is exactly why I hate rave mc’s. It’s just saying shit for the sake of saying shit.

Totally off putting for me. I’m there for the music, not some chicken nugget screeching down a microphone.
#Leng ;)

You should join us mate.

"If I was this kids dad I'd be beating him black and blue. Where are this kids parents? For Fuck sake LENG!!!"
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

N
I'd rather shit in my hands clap.

In fact, I'd rather listen to the mumble rave rather than this gimp who seems to have a severe case of hand and arm tic's.

Ya get me 'blud? Ya dun no, fink I ain't from round deez endz innit fam *kissing teeth noises*

wog1breadbin
No, you are so wrong I don't know what to say. His taking the piss so badly out of people who speak in that way. His comments on the videos are brutal.

You totally mistook what his doing so badly I don't know what to say to you.