• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Michael

crzydiamond

Bluelighter
Let me preface this by saying I don’t believe he ever created an account here.

Michael was my partner of 12 years and a stepfather to my son from the time before my son was born

I found out yesterday he passed away at the age of 36. On Saturday— my son’s birthday. September 24.

I had left him in January because when he used he became very mentally and emotionally abusive as well as doing things like slashing my tire because he imagined I was going to meet a non existent other boyfriend. For context— I never cheated on him.

Because of the above, I can’t really get the grief out because no one understands why I’d mourn him after some of what I went through. He had been estranged from his family, but reconnected this year. But he deserves to be remembered.

My heart is heavy. I just feel so sad— he just got out of rehab not even a month ago and was looking good and got a job etc

but he always would self sabotage. He didn’t have it in him to struggle through the building his life back. He hated staying at the halfway type house he had to go to after rehab. He went back to staying in the streets.

We messaged over the past few weeks and spoke on my son’s bday /the day he died. He loved him like a son in spite of all his shortcomings that was his one happiness in life.

i just really hoped this time he wouldnt fall.
i told him repeatedly how I was happy he was doing well (til he wasn’t, i knew the last week he went downhill). N even then I tried to tell him id be here if he needed anything. To vent to talk.

He kept everything inside.

Michael. Wherever you may be, i hope you finally aren’t so miserable. I hope you find the peace and contentment that eluded you in life. And I’m so so sorry this is how it ended for you. I wanted you to keep the light in your eyes you had the last time I saw you.

fly free babe. I’ll miss you. <3

he always would self sabotage. He didn’t have it in him to struggle through the building his life back
This I can relate to. Sadly.
Until I reached my 50s it was a cycle that seemed never ending. It was more of an issue with those who had love and hopes for my state than myself but it was and still is a tortuous time of "letting others down". I chalk it up now to past experiences that held me back and made life such a bitch to reconcile with.
Nowadays I want to build a life of a stable environment for those who I still have in my life but it would appear that even though old dogs can learn new tricks there are other roadblocks that hold me back and mostly they are mental and old habits cling... but are falling away for the most part.
The old saying that those that are hurt hurt others but am conviced this isnt written in stone.
I am sorry for the loss of the one who passed so young and for your grief of it all.
I may never understand the workings of "life" but hope to... we seem no different in nature that the natural order of where we are in the grand scheme of things (mostly the "big fish eat down the small fish" phenom) but cannot come to terms with this as a truth because of hopes.
It would also seem that our choices in life are more complicated that what they may appear on the surface as to what is the "right" choices to make in life as I cannot see the end results of what my choices will bring downstream.
The only way I have found to ease the pains I feel is to do for others as I would like for them to do for me... to accept, care and aid when they cannot. Maybe this is ego but a simple walk with an elder to further their physical health makes my day a little brighter even if I have to push myself to do so.
My state of mind is not so healthy but hopes are still there that one day answers will be found that can relieve some of the pressures we all have in our condition(s). These hopes I wake and sleep with.
My sympaties and love.

So very sorry for your loss. I recently lost my significant other, so I can surely empathize.

It doesn't matter if you may have had a strained relationship or went through some difficult times. Love is love, and it's hard to lose a loved one.

Sending you all my love and prayers.