• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Lestat / Limpet_Chicken

I thought of Greg again at Christmas this year, 2023; I've been self-harm-free for 2 years. He'd be proud of me. I'm going to get Tori Amos's Boys for Pele LP Vinyl again because it was once what Greg bought for me on my 23rd birthday. It was misplaced, but in honor of him, I'm on the lookout for a used LP player or a smaller one for my small room. Miss your pail arse, you fooking shite! 😎🖤

Today's the 12th of February 2024. Ugh, reminding me of Greg AKA. Limpet Chicken/Lestat: 🥺🖤I sorely miss him. His wit, his spark, and his foul, creative Manchester quips.

It's bittersweet now to reflect on him. Who he was and how he was such a friend to me. Of all places, this was where we first met, and then the wrong planet forums back in the day. Later, discovering we both had autism was just the icing on the cake.

He was a chemist and a genius. It went over my head when we'd chat on the phone or on MSN. (God, I'm showing my age.) We'd disagree over so many things; it could have been a sitcom. 🙃

Indeed, the Mutt and Jeff, Bevis and Butthead, and overall odd couple from opposite sides of the pond. But it worked, and there was a shared experience in the hurt we'd both experienced at the time and in the past.

Hell, he went out of his way to clear my name on the WWW. I don't know how nor do I want to. I don't want to know what he did, how he did it, etc. He was a survivor. He pushed himself to the limits and then some. His 'mum' was bedridden and his poor excuse of a father was an abusive drunk.

He'd been in countless fights and arrests. But he arrested my heart as a friend in a way that I'm still unable to quantify.

I miss you, Greg. I loved you. I tried my best to be a friend to you when there were none. Rest easy; you're free.

Today's the 12th of February 2024. Ugh, reminding me of Greg AKA. Limpet Chicken/Lestat: 🥺🖤I sorely miss him. His wit, his spark, and his foul, creative Manchester quips.

It's bittersweet now to reflect on him. Who he was and how he was such a friend to me. Of all places, this was where we first met, and then the wrong planet forums back in the day. Later, discovering we both had autism was just the icing on the cake.

He was a chemist and a genius. It went over my head when we'd chat on the phone or on MSN. (God, I'm showing my age.) We'd disagree over so many things; it could have been a sitcom. 🙃

Indeed, the Mutt and Jeff, Bevis and Butthead, and overall odd couple from opposite sides of the pond. But it worked, and there was a shared experience in the hurt we'd both experienced at the time and in the past.

Hell, he went out of his way to clear my name on the WWW. I don't know how nor do I want to. I don't want to know what he did, how he did it, etc. He was a survivor. He pushed himself to the limits and then some. His 'mum' was bedridden and his poor excuse of a father was an abusive drunk.

He'd been in countless fights and arrests. But he arrested my heart as a friend in a way that I'm still unable to quantify.

I miss you, Greg. I loved you. I tried my best to be a friend to you when there were none. Rest easy; you're free.
It is so hard to lose a best friend. Sending love.

Annual appreciation of the glorious dead, one of Bluelights longest traditions.

Today we remember the best of us, that left us far too soon.

They will remain in our hearts for the rest of our lives, and beyond.

Thank you. 🥹
Not to take this off topic of Limpet... But as you may or may not know... I lost the love of my life in 2022.

I also lost my father when I was 12. So i am rather versed in traversing the mountains and valleys of grief. Please reach out should you ever need anyone to talk to. I see you speak of him often, and he was very clearly important to you.