• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP knock

I'm really happy to see how many posts this thread has received and how fast, but it's so bittersweet as I hate seeing this thread... It's like my brain just wants to pretend Knock is off doing some good in the world and may be back...then I see this thread and reality once again crashes towards the break. :( Not to mention all the BS in the thread though it appears that is being taken care of thankfully. I have a feeling Knock of all people would be the last to put up with this sort of BS when it's supposed to be a shrine thread, bet he'd be asking people to try to move forward with a bit of grace rather than disgruntled possibly misplaced emotions.

Either way RIP Knock, going to miss you forever bud!

The MS charity donation is a great idea given the circumstances with Michael and his brother and elderly parents...who knows what they think of BL, or if they even know, but it could be a good barometer to show how much Michael was appreciated here, and the we aren't all hedonistic selfish swine. Or even somehow direct donations to the family...I don't do Facebook and only knew Michael through here...

For the sake of HR if diphenidine was the culprit I hope it becomes known. There have been several hospitalizations already, and strangely enough last night a trusted friend said he had recently had word of one uncomfirmed death.....this came up in a separate conversation entirely. But if such is the case, t'would be nice to prevent further goings on...

The world really needed more Michaels....sadly there was only one, and he is now gone....still struggling to wrap my head around this...it is never easy, but Knock just had such a way, such a way...:(

I hope he died peacefully n not in any pain. I really hope that. I'd hate to think of him in any sort of pain in that flat on his own. Knock I hope you're happy wherever you are n know how much we loved you n appreciate all that you did for us here on EADD n BL xxxx

Ditto.

Also yeah leave the thread for the family to find if they wish to or know about his involvement here. I know some relatives of deceased BLers have come here seeking support and I guess reminiscence but some might not want to see that side or find it too hard to bear.

Ditto.

Also yeah leave the thread for the family to find if they wish to or know about his involvement here. I know some relatives of deceased BLers have come here seeking support and I guess reminiscence but some might not want to see that side or find it too hard to bear.

Yea that's why I raised the question about BL n his friends / family. It's hard to tell n you're right, Snolly, family members of relatives who have died, have come here n one of them is a mod here so shows how BL can help but as you say we don't know their reaction. It's a shame we could not somehow send some flowers as "friends" of Michael without mentioning BL......

i am truely saddened by this, whats worse is there is that many deaths on here nowadays that i thought this was an old thread that had been bumped :( and then realised, hang on knock was well and alive posting last month! whata fuckingg shame! :( my thoughts go out to his friends and family! he will be truely missed around here ! RIP knock :(

It's a shame we could not somehow send some flowers as "friends" of Michael without mentioning BL......
I don't see what's stopping us?
"BL" is pretty vague. Bereaved friends don't need to justify their acquaintance specifically, dо they?
I like the charity idea also.

I wrote a poem for you knock in the words thread. I'm so sorry you're gone.
Why did you have to go :(

RIP Knock, he was always a gent. To fucking scary whats going on recently. It seems to be getting worse. I had a scare there, but was lucky.

My deepest condolences, may the wind be always at you back and the road rise to meet you. RIP

"Funeral will be at midday on Thursday in xxxxx crematorium in Edinburgh. Then afterwards at xxxx Hotel. All are welcome and please do pass this information on to anyone you think should know."

I've passed on the specifics to the mods as I'm away this weekend, and it doesn't seem right to post full details on a public forum.

Love and peace again knock <3. I'm the same, id hate my family to find out i post on here, mayeb heyd go through my post history and shit it would be a nightmare for them.

Anyone set up the JG page? If not i'll do it now, and i'll send it on to his family saying 'We are friends of michael from a online forum and were really upset to hear about his passing. He was a really special person, witty and intelligent and he will be missed by all of us. We have raised a bit of money for MS in knocks honour, to show how much he meaned to us. I cant imagine what you're going through we are all so so sorry for your loss

Regards, Constantine'

Or a better message im sure one of you guys could ocme up with. I'l check back in 10 mins t osee if someones made one already :)

I think that sounds rather lovely Kronos. Though maybe don't mention "knock" in the message, eh? ;)

I will be sure to proof read and edit accordingly :)

Right il do this now, never done a JG before.

What was knocks full name?

I dont see why not? If i have my privacy levels wrong though which is more than likely please PM me his full name

Awful to see this when I was just casually looking at EADD as I'm not an active poster these days.

Knock was such a lively guy, a vibrant personality here and I enjoyed sparring with him over silly computery things and whatnot. We were talking about meeting up at some point aswell, an opportunity I now wish I'd taken.

As I've been awol from the forums I don't know the context or what happened, but bloody hell, he always came across as such a sound guy and I am genuinely distressed and stunned today to hear of his departure. My heart goes out to everyone who knew him...

Signed with my tears as I write this.

Ok, so bad idea about revealing this place to knocks family. It's a shame that we cant tell his family about what was a major part of his life. Swampy, yes you're right Knock wouldnt want them to know, i just wanted to get the messages of condolonces accross to them, but unfortuntaley things arent that simple are they.

Is there going to be a collection for a wreath of flowers for the funeral 'from michaels online friends' ?

Last edited:
I assume Swampy's intentions were for you to PM us mods if you genuinely wish to attend his funeral, as it states 'everyone welcome'. Just waiting for her to clarify that with me though :)

There's no need to bring BL into it, you're just an old friend who wants to pay their respects in whatever way you choose, be it donation, attending his funeral, or whatever.

I cant attend the funeral, but i would like to do something, is there any consensus that getting a wreath of flowers sent 'from his online friends' would be the very least we could do ? I think we should honour him and pay our respects in some other way than just posting on here, as many people who might have wanted to attend the funeral might not be able to make it?

I could arrange for this to happen, find an interflora type store in the area, and they would know how to handle this in the best way. If anyone else wants to chip in, please let me know in this thread or by PM. Or if mods want to take charge of that, thats fine. I have the time to do this.